Twitch.tv

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
^ The fuck? I must have missed the boat on this bounty thing as I haven't heard of it.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
It's been around for like 6 months now. I think the amount you get paid is based on your views or subs or something, cause yeah 8k to play LoL is pretty high, I don't think anyone just starting out on partnership is getting that much.

Mizkif and Esfand got banned this week over an irl stream incident and one of the apparent fallouts of that is when you've been banned you don't get offered bounties anymore, not sure if there's a sit out period to get it back, other streamers like Destiny have been wondering about it as he hasn't been getting any for like 3 months now since his last ban I guess and twitch isn't exactly being straight about it when asked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
so how viable is this as supplemental income?

Is it basically, if you're going to play on the computer, there's no reason not to play with Twitch streaming?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not viable at all. You need an audience even begin making a few dollars, and you won't get an audience.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing those bounty numbers are for popular streamers like Asmongold, Ninja, Reckful ect?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing those bounty numbers are for popular streamers like Asmongold, Ninja, Reckful ect?

The ones that are available to you and how much you get paid depend on your audience size. Bounties are generally for people who are medium sized. People like Ninja more than likely just have direct contact with the companies and a manager to handle it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man 4k to play FFXIV, and yet basically never see any big streamer play it most of the time. Probably has some of the worst numbers for a fairly popular game(500k-ish subs). Maybe some people will jump on that train once the next expansion releases though, I assume they'll increase the bounty thing then for advertisement purposes.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Man 4k to play FFXIV, and yet basically never see any big streamer play it most of the time. Probably has some of the worst numbers for a fairly popular game(500k-ish subs). Maybe some people will jump on that train once the next expansion releases though, I assume they'll increase the bounty thing then for advertisement purposes.
Dude as much as I play this damn game too.... Towellie was streaming FFXIV a few days ago. I was wondering why all of a sudden he's playing FFXIV instead of WoW.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dude as much as I play this damn game too.... Towllie was streaming FFXIV a few days ago. I was wondering why all of a sudden he's playing FFXIV instead of WoW.
Yeah I said most of the time, saw he was streaming too a few days ago, but it's pretty surprising for such a game to basically not have any really "big" streamer. Not Ninja big, but like 3-5k consistent viewers. Although it has started to change a bit, I saw Zeno and Momo got a fair amount of viewers nowadays but still. Maybe it'll grow more next expansion again. Feels like the only time the game's on the (bottom of the) front page is when the fake scam stream for free shit is on, live letters or randomly when a big streamer shows up.

Anyway tangential, the bounty system is interesting, I knew Twitch facilitated that stuff but I thought it was more informal, like sending a bunch of mails whenever a dev/publisher contacted them and stuff like that, rather than a fully automated process where you just pick whatever you want to stream and get money for it without having to talk to anyone. If you're a medium streamer that's probably a nice way to make some "guaranteed" income at the end of the month if you're short streaming whatever you are usually streaming.

I wonder if there's viewership requirements once you take those bounties though, like if you're a 1k streamer but switch to a big game for a couple of days and drop to 200viewers, do you still get the amount based on your 1k viewership?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The sheer amount of catch-up on 14 is a lot of activity, plus with an expansion drop coming I would expect afterMay 24 Live Letter the streaming focus will pick up.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Dude as much as I play this damn game too.... Towellie was streaming FFXIV a few days ago. I was wondering why all of a sudden he's playing FFXIV instead of WoW.

Get dat bounty!

I wonder if there is a requirement NOT to shit talk the game as you play it. Like someone showed that they had a bounty for LoL for 8k, I wonder if you could load it up and then constantly commentate on how bad the game is and how it's terrible for the new player experience or something while getting paid.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I play FF14 and have little interest whatsoever in watching a stream of it. Well that's the case for most MMO for me as I find watching someone play an MMO boring.

As for FF14, I think there is just SO DAMN MUCH to do in the game that people who like the game are probably just busy playing it rather than watching someone else.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
As for FF14, I think there is just SO DAMN MUCH to do in the game that people who like the game are probably just busy playing it rather than watching someone else.
That's what I was telling a friend who said he's bored with WoW. Give FFXIV a try, there is so much content in the game it's unreal.

Malakriss

The biggest barrier is learning some of the things even exist, the next barrier is some of the legacy UI (i.e. the market board could be a hell of a lot better) but there are sites like mogboard to make up for that with cross-world buying available.

Streaming exists to showcase these things, so hopefully people so pay attention to it instead of hopping in blind.

Last edited:

Araxen

Unless you're an absurdly attractive girl, or an asian girl with huge titties, goodluck lol

You only need a cute weeb voice as an Asian girl. Her weeb viewers get to spam AYAYA all stream long and that's all they care about. Titties are optional.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Got curious and been reading about the bounty program tonight. Its an interesting program except right now it is only for select Partners in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, and France.(assuming the twitch info page is up to date) If they hand picked smaller community partners it is probable useful, if it is the top 5-10% I would imagine they already have access to all these deals already without twitch's help which makes this a fairly worthless program.