Twitch.tv

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not viable at all. You need an audience even begin making a few dollars, and you won't get an audience.

Meh this is not true at all. I mean, yeah early adopters, sure, but if you are truly amazing at a game, people will watch, see people like Shroud, which if you look at him, hes got the personality of a doorknob, but hes really good at fps shit so people flocked to him and he basically exploded on the scene due to PUB G.

If not skill then you gotta have a personality, and no im not talking about being a fucking clown or anything, but just good interaction with chat and maybe telling some stories and shit. Take for example Raiz which streams PoE. Dont get me wrong, hes good at the game, but there are others better. But hes got a nack for just interacting with chat and telling a good story.

Essentially being an entertainer. Some people got it, some dont. Like Dr disrespect. Making a whole new persona.

Also it helps to be at the right place at right time with certain games which kind of explode on the scene too. Take for example the whole Fortnite thing. Some streamers went from having a few watchers in other games to having thousands watch their shit when they switched to fortnite. Like Dr Lupo for example. It also helped he started playing with other streamers which were more popular, etc...

For sure its harder today than a few yers back, but its not impossible either.

You will never know until you try it. If you play games for hours at a time every day and you got the rig to stream, why not try it for a few months and see where you end up.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh this is not true at all. I mean, yeah early adopters, sure, but if you are truly amazing at a game, people will watch, see people like Shroud, which if you look at him, hes got the personality of a doorknob, but hes really good at fps shit so people flocked to him and he basically exploded on the scene due to PUB G.

If not skill then you gotta have a personality, and no im not talking about being a fucking clown or anything, but just good interaction with chat and maybe telling some stories and shit. Take for example Raiz which streams PoE. Dont get me wrong, hes good at the game, but there are others better. But hes got a nack for just interacting with chat and telling a good story.

Essentially being an entertainer. Some people got it, some dont. Like Dr disrespect. Making a whole new persona.

Also it helps to be at the right place at right time with certain games which kind of explode on the scene too. Take for example the whole Fortnite thing. Some streamers went from having a few watchers in other games to having thousands watch their shit when they switched to fortnite. Like Dr Lupo for example. It also helped he started playing with other streamers which were more popular, etc...

You will never know until you try it. If you play games for hours at a time every day and you got the rig to stream, why not try it for a few months and see where you end up.

Right. But then you end up with the beginner's paradox. If you have a personality that everybody is gonna love, but no audience, who are you putting on a show for?

It's kind'a like when you first graduate from school and see all the jobs listed as requiring you to have X number of years experience. Well, if you can't get hired, you can't get experience.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is incredible how the world of GTA5 lives and breathes. If anyone ever creates "the matrix" it will be RockStar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

It’s basically showbiz. Even if you have talent, it takes a fair bit of luck to get noticed.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know if there's a way to see a comment someone made on one of my youtube videos and then deleted it after he was proven wrong?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Wasn't Shroud a CS pro before he streamed?

I stream a lot, in spurts. Some times I've had up to 20ish viewers and it's just really hard. If you're playing a popular game, you have to be extremely (top 1%) good, or extremely charismatic. And you have to advertise it. No one is gonna go to the bottom of 18000 streamers to find the guy with 1 viewer to see if he's good.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
He was actually a internet legend that started streaming before being picked up C9, went pro for a few years, then ended it when he was making way more money streaming than playing in tournaments.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Her setup is terrible. I can barely understand what she's saying due to volume issues. Half her cam screen is a pillow.

Is she doing this all on her own?

• 1Like

Cybsled

Will be interesting to see if she sticks with it. Eva Lovia tried to do a cooking stream and play some games for a few months, but then she seemed to ditch it.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Her setup is terrible. I can barely understand what she's saying due to volume issues. Half her cam screen is a pillow.

Is she doing this all on her own?

I think so. If you go back in her timeline, she talks about how she had difficulty in setting it all up. *shrug*

Either that or the person she's got helping doesn't know what they're doing and dumped it all in her lap.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Will be interesting to see if she sticks with it. Eva Lovia tried to do a cooking stream and play some games for a few months, but then she seemed to ditch it.

And Mia Khalifa. Of course, she's more into sports than games anyway. Meh. Haven't seen her on in ages.