Twitch.tv

Oldbased

> Than U
I saw the police officer one the other night. I feel like that is a good way to get fired if someone told your boss. Seems crazy
I watched it a few hours. He went into the who, how and whys several times on it and apparently when it is something other than traffic stuff he cuts feed. Since he is a officer in a Native American "zone" the rules are a bit different and the whole department is aware of the stream. It was better than watching "cops" or those types though to me. It was raw and semi boring but he delt with a piss test, counterfeit money, several traffic violations during that time and lots of community checks( gas stations, neighborhoods, speed traps and whatnot ). I gathered from people in chat and he himself that apparently Twitch has multiple officers doing it. I got a feeling you are right when it comes to larger cities and normal departments though.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's definitely an interesting use of the service. People were throwing money at him the little i watched

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
i love the travel IRL streams too, its cool watching someone walk around in asia or eastern europe just doing shit, as an older guy now and someone who hates planes it scratches an itch. they definitely need a LOT more of that.

Funny you mention that! I'm actually leaving tomorrow for Japan and I'm gonna be livestreaming the trip. I'll post the link here when I get it going; hopefully it turns out well.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I love watching the hot "gamer girl" streams, only so I can hear their disingenuous, over-practiced "omg thank you for the money, i TOTALLY appreciate it".

I can't see why anyone would ever pay anything to anyone on Twitch though. Some of them do make a fucking killing, however.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
As promised, the stream is up! Watch me and my attractive Korean co-host explore Japan. Today is Shinjuku! (Only posting this one time because it was mentioned; don't mean to spam)

Twitch.tv/squarebox101

• 1Like

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean, I definitely thought about it. I think it'd actually be fun to hang out a bit. But I am gonna be streaming full time and I wouldn't wanna meet him while streaming, cuz I think that's quite gauche. C'est la vie!

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
I love watching the hot "gamer girl" streams, only so I can hear their disingenuous, over-practiced "omg thank you for the money, i TOTALLY appreciate it".

I can't see why anyone would ever pay anything to anyone on Twitch though. Some of them do make a fucking killing, however.

Donations are one of the things that confuse me the most about Twitch. For me, it would be like seeing my favorite TV star walking down the road and running up to give him a $20 spot. I mean, I already pay a cable bill to watch him, why i want to give him more $$? Then you got the people that veer into the 3 and 4+ figure donations. WTF? If you aren't some kind of advertiser (I've seen one of the Rust devs throwing around huge $$) then it blows my mind you want to give some dude 5 bills just because.

spronk

FPS noob
Well I mean the big difference is that TV or movie star has an entire army behind him or her creating whatever show you like and they get paid by a studio who controls when and where you can see the thing.

twitch is just some homeless begger dude on the street singing and dancing for people walking (watching) by and they completely depend on you to survive to the next day even though eventually the big ones end up making way, way, way more money than you

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
i use my twitch prime sub on a retarded australian half asian girl that dates an ex dota pro

I'm a degen 2:^)

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I didn't even know there was an alternative to BTTV. Thanks for the info.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Donations are one of the things that confuse me the most about Twitch. For me, it would be like seeing my favorite TV star walking down the road and running up to give him a $20 spot. I mean, I already pay a cable bill to watch him, why i want to give him more $$? Then you got the people that veer into the 3 and 4+ figure donations. WTF? If you aren't some kind of advertiser (I've seen one of the Rust devs throwing around huge $$) then it blows my mind you want to give some dude 5 bills just because.

Some of it is selfish. The donator gets their 15 seconds of fame in some cases when their donation appears on the screen. Sometimes the streamer also gives them a call out for the donation (senpai noticed me).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I don't get the money people throw at these people either. I watch random streams but I don't think I would ever give any of them a penny. I also don't see the draw of the rando cam sluts, with that being said this DizzyKitten chick I would do horrible things to her with my penis if given the chance.

qe6Kd3U.gif

source.gif

Ryanz

<Banned>
It's like a younger hotter Olivia Wilde. That being said, most chicks on twitch are unwatchable. Just go to a cam site and get it over with.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Says he doesn't see the draw of rando cam sluts then posts a rando cam slut. Oreillycan'texplainthat.jpg

Not sure if I would classify her as the normal cam slut, she actually seems to play games and sadly I haven't seen her titties hanging out. I was more referring to this human trash can, but you make a fair point.

• 1Worf

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually like Dizzy's stream a fair bit, she does play games and is pretty open and honest in general about herself. She does not show any skin beyond normal clothes as far as I've ever seen but I still mostly just watch Anthony so maybe I missed it.

That being said, I do have as big a crush as you can have on someone you will never meet and don't know that well on her so *shrug*