Twitch.tv

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Competition for Twitch is good. Can't help but laugh at all these millionaire streamers unironically calling him brave though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used mixer for all of e3 this year. Streams were solid and I liked the interface. Is it possible to stream to both simultaneously? If not, ninja moving might change that.
There is a service which will broadcast your stream to all other streaming services, but I forgot its name.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Its funny but I find myself watching twitch all the time now. Sometimes im just too lazy to log on and play, so I watch. I also toss out my prime every month to someone im watching a lot of.

Yeah I check into a couple for new games. I do watch Summit a lot though because those GTA5 and Sea of Thieves Shenanigans are hilarious. I just can't believe there is that much money to be made. Blows my mind.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess if yuo're a lowly streamer like me Mixer might be nice to get into on the ground floor, but as far as I can tell it's been out for awhile.

Tough to say if it's worth it.

Cybsled

It’s brave in the sense that his main income will be the signing bonus from MS/what salary they give him. He loses all those twitch subs and has to hope they follow him vs go to someone else.

If no one goes mixer, then long term he’s fucked income wise.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
It’s brave in the sense that his main income will be the signing bonus from MS/what salary they give him. He loses all those twitch subs and has to hope they follow him vs go to someone else.

If no one goes mixer, then long term he’s fucked income wise.
i am pretty sure he has a contract that pays him no matter how many or how little subs he has on their service.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't even know Mixer existed until now.
Competition is good. Amazon needs to be put in check.
I feel like MS is one of the "good" guys these days compared to the rest of big tech.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What happens to people who subscribed to his channel for a long period like a year?

Do they get a refund? Is he transferring the subs to mixer? Or they just wasted money?

Mick

<Gold Donor>
The problem i have found with mixer is that i cannot find anyone really that interesting to watch.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Twitch subs are monthly

I thought I saw Seagull or other say thanks for 6 months sub or something. Do they get billed monthly or is it just that he knows the person has just re-subbed for a 6th month?

I'm a twitch noob. :)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I thought I saw Seagull or other say thanks for 6 months sub or something. Do they get billed monthly or is it just that he knows the person has just re-subbed for a 6th month?

It just means they've resubbed 6 times. Doesn't even have to be in a row

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider

That would be 6 months total. It tracks how long you've been subbed to a specific channel.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ah ok thanks, I was under the impression that they had subbed for the next 6 months or something. Make sense I guess.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'd be thrilled if Mixer is actual competition. Twitch has pissed me off lately because Amazon has fucked over all non-Fire users. Their Roku app sucks balls, they've stopped development on it. Wouldn't be a problem if they hadn't started threatening legal action against people developing third party apps.

Fuck Twitch.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I guess if yuo're a lowly streamer like me Mixer might be nice to get into on the ground floor, but as far as I can tell it's been out for awhile.

Tough to say if it's worth it.

Alot of small streamers will be thinking the same thing so at the very least it will shrink the "competition" on Twitch.

It is tempting though, anyone know what the service models are like compared to Twitch and how that translates to the streamer?

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Mixer is already advertising Ninja.

1564692022881.png

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ah ok thanks, I was under the impression that they had subbed for the next 6 months or something. Make sense I guess.

You can definitely do that. Some point a few years ago I think my Wagamama sub was in 6 month increments.