Twitch.tv

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If he really made 10 million in 2018, I consider 20 million for 3 years a reasonable amount.

500 million is straight up nonsense. That's like paying 5 billion for some indie pixel game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I think Moon's main argument is that Ninja has a very young audience, and he doesn't think about how he is impacting them

Imapacting them how? By showing them there are other places to stream and ways to make money? This seems a little analogous to all my teenage peers claiming Metallica sold out when they cut their hair and released Load. Turns out in some ways it was better and some ways it was worse. I don't care how much that Moon dude doesn't care about the money because it is easy to say that when you're making some. Ninja 100% realizes that Twitch viewers are ephemeral and he should cash out ASAP to secure his family's future well being. Good for him and fuck Moon for bitching about it. I hope he loses 90% of his subs so he can come back and confirm that for him it isn't about the money.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Moon's Ninja rant. He goes on for awhile, but it's good shit and worth the watch.

Edit: jumps a little further in

I just listened to this shit and he really does just come off as super salty that Ninja was the face of Twitch and is getting paid mega money to go to Mixer when he has no discernable skills.

Welcome to the real goddam world were the most talented or best are not the ones at the top. So Moon is just pissed because he thinks he is a demonstrably better streamer (even though he never says it) and isn't making millions from MS to be the face of Mixer.

Then he says to never subscribe to 'people like Ninja' when his life is based on subscribers and donations! The absolute balls on this hypocrite.

Again, fuck him. Whine some more about how unfair life is that seemingly underserving people get things that others (he) do not.

Bahroo's tweet may have been funny, but he's a fucking no face streamer that has over 20k subscribers. He is making over half a million a year and he's dogging on Ninja even though his could be gone tomorrow if he fucks it up. I say this as someone who watches him all the time. I just assume that his tweet will age badly, especially if Mixer offers him 5 mil over a few years since he would be an idiot not to take it.

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
On a more positive note:

I just downloaded a 12GB game in 30 min while streaming twitch at 1080p with 0 stuttering.

What a fucking time to be alive.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am reading that this Ninja fellow got a $900M 6 year contract or some shit...

Is that right?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just listened to this shit and he really does just come off as super salty that Ninja was the face of Twitch and is getting paid mega money to go to Mixer when he has no discernable skills.

Welcome to the real goddam world were the most talented or best are not the ones at the top. So Moon is just pissed because he thinks he is a demonstrably better streamer (even though he never says it) and isn't making millions from MS to be the face of Mixer.

Then he says to never subscribe to 'people like Ninja' when his life is based on subscribers and donations! The absolute balls on this hypocrite.

Again, fuck him. Whine some more about how unfair life is that seemingly underserving people get things that others (he) do not.

Bahroo's tweet may have been funny, but he's a fucking no face streamer that has over 20k subscribers. He is making over half a million a year and he's dogging on Ninja even though his could be gone tomorrow if he fucks it up. I say this as someone who watches him all the time. I just assume that his tweet will age badly, especially if Mixer offers him 5 mil over a few years since he would be an idiot not to take it.

This was kind of how I took it too. Ok he has kids as an audience... So what? So do many sports players and they go to other teams for better contracts all the damn time. The think of the children bullshit argument really needs to die in a fire. I mean shit how about think of the children in affecting them that it's ok to play vidjya games for huge ass stretches of time blah blah, let alone bolting for a place that has a higher payout, but affects his audience zero. The guy came across as a total jealous bitch who calls another girl a slut because she gets all the attention from guys.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
aaaa
This was kind of how I took it too. Ok he has kids as an audience... So what? So do many sports players and they go to other teams for better contracts all the damn time. The think of the children bullshit argument really needs to die in a fire. I mean shit how about think of the children in affecting them that it's ok to play vidjya games for huge ass stretches of time blah blah, let alone bolting for a place that has a higher payout, but affects his audience zero. The guy came across as a total jealous bitch who calls another girl a slut because she gets all the attention from guys.

I have no dog in this race, I'm just making the point I think was trying to made.

The sports analogy is poor. What do almost all athletes do? Go to college.

Meanwhile the kid who thinks he can make millions playing games isn't going to have that motivation. If you look at the actual successful streamers, it's very rare that they don't have a degree, or they hit it big while they where in college. There is somewhat a reason for that, because streaming takes a lot of dedication and motivation to build an audience. The kid who can't be motivated to do good in school is going to struggle to hit it big streaming because he doesn't have the self awareness.

Also Moon actually does give a ton back to the community, he's had tons of sub tournaments where he gives out substantial prize pools from his own pocket. He also doesn't do any sponsored streams.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
K, let me break down how this will all work out.

First off, I don't care about Ninja. I got him when I heard about him playing with someone famous. He's kind'a like herpes, in that regard. "I slept with a famous person, and now I've got herpes!"

Secondly, I think you're all missing the other big titty point, with all of this talk about Twitch vs. Mixer. Twitch is about to become a camwhore site. Expect their numbers to go through the roof.

There's going to be a camslut section of Twitch?

Cybsled

With online stuff, your continued success banks on the youth demographic. If they grow up with your platform, they are potentially going to be more loyal to it. That’s why Facebook is for “old people” and Snapchat/ Instagram are where all the younger people are mostly.

MS is hoping a popular streamer with younger people will get enough interest in their platform so they can secure a growth audience. Twitch’s continued popularity will bank heavily on if they can retain the youth demographic that ages and if they can continue to grow their audience. I expect bidding wars for OWL once the Twitch deal expires.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
aaaa

I have no dog in this race, I'm just making the point I think was trying to made.

Meanwhile the kid who thinks he can make millions playing games isn't going to have that motivation. If you look at the actual successful streamers, it's very rare that they don't have a degree, or they hit it big while they where in college. There is somewhat a reason for that, because streaming takes a lot of dedication and motivation to build an audience. The kid who can't be motivated to do good in school is going to struggle to hit it big streaming because he doesn't have the self awareness.

Also Moon actually does give a ton back to the community, he's had tons of sub tournaments where he gives out substantial prize pools from his own pocket. He also doesn't do any sponsored streams.

This is anecdotal and is up to the parents to give the kids a balanced look at what it takes to make it as an adult in any profession. My parents had to tell me that I was most likely not going to be a pro basketball players but that they would support me joining teams and any leagues that cost money as long as I was dedicated to it. Needless to say I am average at basketball at best.

This needs to be said about Moon again; no one gives a shit how much he gives back to his community or if he chooses to chunk his own income by not taking sponsorship. He is the equivalent of the guy in high school that keeps telling you that he liked Marylin Manson or Korn before they were 'cool,' it might sound good to him and his friends but most people just seem him as a douche who is choosing to cut off his nose to spite his face. Fuck him and his holier than thou attitude.

• 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
aaaa

Moon does have the best discord on Twitch. He pays a couple people to run D&D games, and he has a Minecraft server. There are also community ran tournaments from time to time. He is doing it the right way by building a community that people won't want to break away from. For awhile, his community was running a OW Tourney series. They had a few teams going.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
aaaa

They go to college as a minor league before they are eligible for the pros, that's the only reason. Look at Lebron, he didn't even go.

And actually that is the key to success in any field really. You gotta absolutely bust your ass to score big, and in things like this, yeah a very very very small portion of the population will ever make it. Hell it's even rare to make it on a "mortal" salary that they can support themselves. Most of the streamers/youtube let's play guys I watch fall into the latter. I don't see how Ninja making this move is detrimental to children. The fact that he is a major douchebag asshole regardless of what url you can go to watch him is though. Thankfully my son shares the same views and doesn't watch him anyway, because I would have objected if he didn't. Now, with that said, that may be the root to this guy's disgust with the move. It sucks that a major dillhole scored huge. I agree with that much, but the arguments he used were super weak.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They go to college as a minor league before they are eligible for the pros, that's the only reason. Look at Lebron, he didn't even go.

And actually that is the key to success in any field really. You gotta absolutely bust your ass to score big, and in things like this, yeah a very very very small portion of the population will ever make it. Hell it's even rare to make it on a "mortal" salary that they can support themselves. Most of the streamers/youtube let's play guys I watch fall into the latter. I don't see how Ninja making this move is detrimental to children. The fact that he is a major douchebag asshole regardless of what url you can go to watch him is though. Thankfully my son shares the same views and doesn't watch him anyway, because I would have objected if he didn't. Now, with that said, that may be the root to this guy's disgust with the move. It sucks that a major dillhole scored huge. I agree with that much, but the arguments he used were super weak.
I look at it like this. It's like big gaming companies now. The move isn't doing anything for your audience, it's only to give you money. That's basically what game companies do, and it sucks for gamers. Bad analogy maybe, but Moon is basically trying to say he's passing the message on to his kid audience that it's okay to forget about everyone and just go for the money

Edit: For what it's worth, I think he'd be retarded not to take the money

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I look at it like this. It's like big gaming companies now. The move isn't doing anything for your audience, it's only to give you money. That's basically what game companies do, and it sucks for gamers. Bad analogy maybe, but Moon is basically trying to say he's passing the message on to his kid audience that it's okay to forget about everyone and just go for the money

Edit: For what it's worth, I think he'd be retarded not to take the money

Why does it suck for gamers? Having Twitch as the only game streaming site is bad for creators and consumers.

It is ok to go for the money; he built his name and stream so he deserves the wealth it generates.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users