Twitch.tv

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I look at it like this. It's like big gaming companies now. The move isn't doing anything for your audience, it's only to give you money. That's basically what game companies do, and it sucks for gamers. Bad analogy maybe, but Moon is basically trying to say he's passing the message on to his kid audience that it's okay to forget about everyone and just go for the money

And I guess if I were in a position where I could make generational money guaranteed that would allow my grand kids to never have to work a day in their lives, I'd do the exact same thing. And I'd hope to God my son would do the same. I would say the comparison to game companies is a bad one. I'd imagine Ninja, who is already really corporate to begin with with all the blatant product placement going on in his streaming set, is going to be the exact same regardless of which service he streams on. What you are referring to is the bland and soul-less nature of many AAA games. I guess you could say he may be akin to the ones who have endless micro transactions for things that should just be included in the base game. Whereas, in his case, he'd be selling shit like emojis or whatnot (brought up in that rant). If that is what you are thinking of, then I concur on that front.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
70k viewers on Mixer.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Ninja already streams Minecraft and he originally started with Halo. With Halo PC coming out and Ninja doing Minecraft Mondays, Microsoft is bound is do some exclusives (early access or some shit) things if your'e on the Mixer platform. They're gonna advertise the shit out of the Ninja/Halo combo.

The agency Ninja works with also works with people like DrLupo, TimtheTatman and others.

I'm not saying Mixer is going to "win" by any means but they have a lot more coming then just Ninja streaming on Mixer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
70k viewers on Mixer.

80k.

2nd highest on Mixer has 5k.

LoL.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Another thing you might see happen is MS go after gaming companies: Riot, Blizzard, EA/Respawn Entertainment (Apex) / Epic / etc.
Land 1 or more competitive games and you now have another big enterprise pushing your platform.

Araxen

Another thing you might see happen is MS go after gaming companies: Riot, Blizzard, EA/Respawn Entertainment (Apex) / Epic / etc.
Land 1 or more competitive games and you now have another big enterprise pushing your platform.

They did start to do this, but it was for Smite of all games. OWL's contract is up at the end of this season so maybe they'll throw a load of cash at Blizzard for the rights.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
70k viewers on Mixer.

Chat certainly is just as cancerous and useless as on twitch. Spam spam spam spam spam.

• 1Picard

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The viewer numbers from today aren't what really matter. It's the numbers in 2 weeks when things have settled

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
What does mixer offer that twitch does not to the average user? Better quality, fewer ads, less restrictions on what can be said and done, better auto-moderation tools, or anything else of value? What does mixer or google play offer that twitch does not?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What does mixer offer that twitch does not to the average user? Better quality, fewer ads, less restrictions on what can be said and done, better auto-moderation tools, or anything else of value? What does mixer or google play offer that twitch does not?

Site seems faster for me, but idk. I'll go where the streamers I want to watch are. I'm not going to be exclusive to a single platform, what's the point?
When given the option between Youtube & Twitch I always preferred Youtube, now if Mixer is also an option it would probably be between Youtube & Mixer.
Mixer feels as good as Youtube. I like what I see but Mixer lacks streamers/content.

Araxen

Mixer doesn't feel as bloated like Twitch does. It's a better coded site that's for sure. Mixer is missing a huge feature that Twitch has which is clips.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Mixer has been around for about 5 years now. They were originally beam.pro before Microsoft bought them out and re branded the site.

spronk

FPS noob
i wonder what kind of deal $50m gets. like is that just a base "you stream only on mixer", or minimum number of hours, etc. that is just a crazy number though, beats like 90% of hollywood actors

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I bet its mostly a non compete clause for the 50mil. Fucking obviously 40-60 hours a week and just shit we want. Add in a hey, grab some of your buddies and we can talk some more cash.

Ninja has 0 production value (DrD) and just sits there with a new hair color every month. He is the investment and if it doesnt work they tank.

Maybe a Ninja Gaming Weekly type bullshit show but after 2 or 3 years hes done and will just call it I bet. Or sadly hes there for 15 fucking years and just turns into a pure promoter for esports etc.