Twitch.tv

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Just saw a Lirik VOD from 5 days ago with some Rocket League. Someone named Adebisi Adebisi utterly destroyed him and GiantWaffle in duos. Our bisi?!?!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone over the age of 20 who uses the term "sellout" sincerely and unironically deserves to be mocked.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just saw a Lirik VOD from 5 days ago with some Rocket League. Someone named Adebisi Adebisi utterly destroyed him and GiantWaffle in duos. Our bisi?!?!

tenor.gif

*Looks in library*

Nope. Don't own it

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Anyone over the age of 20 who uses the term "sellout" sincerely and unironically deserves to be mocked.

Pretty much. It either boils down to a) the person is jealous they didn't get the same opportunity b) they're so young they don't understand how money works

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Depends on how you define “sellout”, some people spout off about standing for this or that and the moment money is offered they change their tune. That is selling out, Ninja didn’t sell out he simply got paid. Most people think “selling-out” just means getting paid, it doesn’t, you have to give something up that mattered to the fan base because they thought it mattered to you.

That’s just me though, I try to be pretty specific about who I call a “sellout” and why. This post was not made in disagreement with the quoted post, it’s just that I think there is a mature version and perspective of what selling out is. l also never said I wouldn’t do it to because I might depending on what I was selling and for how much. I actually agree with the quoted post and think most people that use the term “sellout” have no idea what they are talking about.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
A "sellout" to me if Ninja was talking bad about Mixer and saying he would never stream with them for no amount of money. Then suddenly next week he is streaming for Mixer now and that's a sellout by my definition. All he did was find another employer like any other Joe who wants to make more money. He probably got an offer he just couldn't refuse. Honestly wouldn't any of us like to make millions yearly playing a video game and retire in a few years?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ninja has been between 35-40K viewers today.
Only 1 person on twitch is beating him: TimTheTatman, and he's grouped with Ninja atm.

I was surprised to see Ninja have over 30k tbh, he was sitting sub-30K most of the times I saw his stream recently. except for that initial launch day when he peaked at 80k or so.

Doc has a couple quotes regarding the situation, predicting viewers will go down overtime unless Mixer scoops up a few more big names. Maybe true... maybe Doc looking to get a deal for himself? We'll see...

Mixer performs so much better than twitch imo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
doc just needs to grab that mixer money and give it to his wife before he gets himself arrested for fucking a jailbait twitch thot

why do all these people play fortnite still btw? i don't really follow streamers much but i thought APEX Legends was the hotness. i find watching fortnite super boring, at least apex is kinda cool

Delly

Trakanon Raider
why do all these people play fortnite still btw? i don't really follow streamers much but i thought APEX Legends was the hotness. i find watching fortnite super boring, at least apex is kinda cool

Because that is what the kids like my dude. Same thing happens in a lot of genres, such as League vs Dota. You get big name streamers + marketing + elementary school kids = easy audience.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ninja has been between 35-40K viewers today.
Only 1 person on twitch is beating him: TimTheTatman, and he's grouped with Ninja atm.

I was surprised to see Ninja have over 30k tbh, he was sitting sub-30K most of the times I saw his stream recently. except for that initial launch day when he peaked at 80k or so.

Doc has a couple quotes regarding the situation, predicting viewers will go down overtime unless Mixer scoops up a few more big names. Maybe true... maybe Doc looking to get a deal for himself? We'll see...

Mixer performs so much better than twitch imo.

doc had a pretty good point that a big group of the top twitch streamer should have gotten together, pooled their bucks and created their own streaming service, twitch would have been assfucked

of course just saying that is much easier then organizing it and getting it accomplished

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
doc had a pretty good point that a big group of the top twitch streamer should have gotten together, pooled their bucks and created their own streaming service, twitch would have been assfucked

of course just saying that is much easier then organizing it and getting it accomplished

Worked for Image Comics.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

This would be a terrible idea. These guys have no experience with creating such a thing and I really doubt they have the capital to get it off the ground. Clash of personalities would have lead to conflict and nothing would be done. Remember, these guys play video games for a living. I would give it a less than 1% chance a group of streamers could ever produce anything of value.

I'd put my money on the solo guy coding in his mama's basement.
(Microsoft acquires gaming startup run by 18-year-old)

spronk

FPS noob
the lamo figures are out today apparently in some stores, they are $20-30 each (unclear) and tie into some sort of augmented reality game called Lamo which is up on the iOS/android store. i wonder how long until someone points out that its only male twitch streamers you can buy lol

EBTfN2JU4AAq-tR.jpg:large

doc, lirik, ninja, summit1g, tim

Xevy

Log Wizard
No balding MoonMoon? PASS.

Also as much as people like to hate on it, Fortnite is an amazing game. Constant updates, huge player population, a well designed battlepass. It's like all the fucks who hate on McDonald's. I'd personally love a Fortnite with a limited/no-building feature. The game outside of the building is pretty cool, it's just wall spamming that ruins the entire thing for me. I even know I could do it, but I really don't want to.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't played FortNite in at least 2 seasons, maybe longer... so 6+ months, but I did watch their World Championship (was good imo!), and I've tuned into some Ninja lately. The latest update (today?) added a Wild West version of Tilted Towers which has No Build & No Destroy while in the area... makes me kinda want to just drop there and gun fight. I hear you about the building which is why I stopped, too sweaty keeping up with that shit.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Think it would be easier to get a partnership with Mixer than Twitch. Acquiring 75 viewers on average would be the hardest requirement with Twitch.

Mixer requirements vs Twitch requirements

Mixer: Account Age:
2+ months. Vs. Twitch: not required

Mixer: Followers: 2,000+ vs Twitch: 75 viewers on average, no required following

Mixer: Streams per month: 12 or more days Vs. Twitch: same

Mixer: Hours Streamed per month: 25 or more hours Vs. Twitch: same

• 1Like