Twitch.tv

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
And they can always return to Twitch in a big attention-gaining fashion once their contracts are over which would probably gain them back a lot of the subs they lost.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, I rememebr watching shroud around the time ninja moved and he was asked if he would move and he laughed and basically said never.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Probably a great move on his part. Made Microsoft pony up and say "hold my beer".

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The more competition the better for these platforms. I am glad MS is throwing dollars at this, and lets not pretend every person on Twitch doesn't have a price.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Honestly surprised MS backed the truck up to Ninja's house alone in the first place, they should have worked on getting a few of the top line guys in every area all at once. Shroud moving is sorta big, modern warfare came out today so that should pull some numbers over there, but it's not like there isn't a bunch of other shooter guys to watch on twitch, still a drop in the bucket for them. They could use some good competition though, get some pressure to straighten their management out.

Also you can get free sub to Shroud on mixer, offer up until nov 22.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
My guess is they will grab another large streamer. they probably already have deals worked out and now are just waiting for their current contract to expire.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Amazon is going to have to start guaranteeing money to big streamers now (Doc, whatever Fortnite fucks, Lirik, MoonMoon, Summit) to keep them there. Basically we're looking at subs becoming bonuses for these people and salaries becoming a standard. Really weird.

Shroud switching is the least shocking. That dude is all about making money. Literally sell his soul for an extra 10k a month I think.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the battle is between throwing heaps of cash at select people vs throwing bigger heaps at them instead of actually having competitive (and better) services then everyone else loses.

spronk

FPS noob
fuck you Gary Larson, i coulda been a contender

va21m9xrm8i21.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Shroud switching is the least shocking. That dude is all about making money. Literally sell his soul for an extra 10k a month I think.

Hahah what the fuck does this even mean. What wouldn't you do for an extra 10k a month. 10k a month FFS

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
maybe if you start need to write out bullet points for why you aren't a retard, things aren't going so good
Was this at me? Bullet points come after legible English. I have no idea what you said or at who. Don't practice if you can't preach vile human.

As for Mixer, God bless these heathens for leaving the darkness and sin Twitch has become. Let there be light!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Amazon is going to have to start guaranteeing money to big streamers now (Doc, whatever Fortnite fucks, Lirik, MoonMoon, Summit) to keep them there. Basically we're looking at subs becoming bonuses for these people and salaries becoming a standard. Really weird.

So you do your job for free and turn down more money from competitors because...… reasons?

I thought Metallica sold out when they came out with Load and ReLoad...…. when I was fucking 17. Now I'm and adult and realize that you strike while the iron is hot and he is now set for life.

But keep posting your cool Apex vids that everyone on this forum cares about because you are our Shroud.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Woooah there Shroud Fanbois! I didn't mean to attack your capitalism feels!

I mean there's people like MoonMoon who've said "I've made millions of dollars. I'm set. I'm going to play games until no one wants to watch me play them, then I'll retire. I'm not going to be a corporate shill or butt-boy, I'm just going to do what I want to do." Shroud could do that, he's easily made more than MoonMoon, but Shroud is 25 and Moon is 30 and I think Shroud just wants to amass as many dollars as he can. That's fine, but that's also a reason I wouldn't watch him. He made it years ago, now he's just scrimpin' to get as much extra money as he can. If that's your thing, that's fine, but like, lol. This is in the same vein as fucking shopping at the dollar store for your shit when you make 200k a year to save that extra 50 dollars a month. Like, maybe spare some extra cash for integrity or honor? It's whatever.

Just look for the barrage of the "I'd never go to Mixer" clips from Shroud. Because I was there for several times he said it. But he's always been a me-first kind of guy, so it shouldn't surprise anyone.

If I'm the FoH Shroud then you fucks should all Tier 3 to me so I can make millions of dollars a year and get an uncomfortable $700 chair with fuckin' tiger stripes and shit and wear a leather jacket with "McRib: 2 for $5" stitched on the back that I'm contractually obligated to rotate my chair every 90 minutes to show you.

• 2Picard

Xevy

Log Wizard
MoonMoon got the numbers. $20 million. That's a big fucking chunk of change. Which also means MoonMoon was approached. Definitely looking to buy up some of the bigger talent.

Khane

I love people who act like money being an incentive makes you a "shill" or "sellout".

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
I'd sell my family for that kind of cash. However long his contract is, he'll either be back on Twitch or just straight up retire at the end of it and stream occasionally for fun. Kinda like deadmau5 who only streams for shits and giggles and gives all the donos to charity.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
And they can always return to Twitch in a big attention-gaining fashion once their contracts are over which would probably gain them back a lot of the subs they lost.

I'd bet the contracts are at least 5 years, possibly 10

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

ya any big streamer who has any brains is emailing their twitch contact telling them they better pony up and get em in contract or it may fuck em

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Woooah there Shroud Fanbois! I didn't mean to attack your capitalism feels!

I mean there's people like MoonMoon who've said "I've made millions of dollars. I'm set. I'm going to play games until no one wants to watch me play them, then I'll retire. I'm not going to be a corporate shill or butt-boy, I'm just going to do what I want to do." Shroud could do that, he's easily made more than MoonMoon, but Shroud is 25 and Moon is 30 and I think Shroud just wants to amass as many dollars as he can. That's fine, but that's also a reason I wouldn't watch him. He made it years ago, now he's just scrimpin' to get as much extra money as he can. If that's your thing, that's fine, but like, lol. This is in the same vein as fucking shopping at the dollar store for your shit when you make 200k a year to save that extra 50 dollars a month. Like, maybe spare some extra cash for integrity or honor? It's whatever.

Just look for the barrage of the "I'd never go to Mixer" clips from Shroud. Because I was there for several times he said it. But he's always been a me-first kind of guy, so it shouldn't surprise anyone.

If I'm the FoH Shroud then you fucks should all Tier 3 to me so I can make millions of dollars a year and get an uncomfortable $700 chair with fuckin' tiger stripes and shit and wear a leather jacket with "McRib: 2 for $5" stitched on the back that I'm contractually obligated to rotate my chair every 90 minutes to show you.

retire with millions or retire with 10s of millions

anyone who chooses option 1 when option 2 is available is a retard regardless of what has been said in the past

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am sure in 30-40 when Shroud looks back on his life with his millions of dollars he’s going to regret streaming on platform B instead of platform A and those clips of saying random shit to internet retards is going to haunt him.

Goddamn the streaming audience is dumb as fuck, do you stupid American Inventors really believe this shit? I bet you think when they say your name for donations they are your friends too. He’s doing shit for money, you are already a whore if you are streaming in the first place let’s not pretend there is any integrity involved here. They go where the money is. Ain’t one mother fucker loyal to Twitch, they are on twitch because that’s the highest chance of getting paid currently.

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users