Twitch.tv

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a shroud fanboy, never watch the guy, but I am all for making the best financial decision and I'd have a bigger problem if he turned down 20 mil... like what is twitch offering to prevent these guys from leaving? Bezos isn't a saint. Twitch has viewership but if money isn't an object, the 15-20k viewers they would get on mixer should be just fine still.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would for one would move in a heartbeat for the fact you can actually take days off without having to worry about your sub numbers dropping. It's a huge headache of being a streamer, and having guaranteed money on the table removes that headache.

I like Moonmoon but he is a hypocrite. "Has all the money he needs", but begs for people to sub still.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shroud switching is the least shocking. That dude is all about making money. Literally sell his soul for an extra 10k a month I think.

So basically you but replace money with free Bacon King 🥓 Delivered to your house everyday for a year.

You’d switch in a heartbeat

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I would for one would move in a heartbeat for the fact you can actually take days off without having to worry about your sub numbers dropping. It's a huge headache of being a streamer, and having guaranteed money on the table removes that headache.

I like Moonmoon but he is a hypocrite. "Has all the money he needs", but begs for people to sub still.

It's kind like Bernie Sanders type shit.. People want to root for the underdog and if Moonmoon is just a regular dude like you and not a rich millionaire type then retarded faggots will hand over fist fulls of cash.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Well, as for who's next?

Meh. I'll bet that they look at the numbers for Ninja and Shroud and make their decision based off'a that fact. Ninja going from the largest Twitch viewership down to 15K subs (it's still a decent size of cheddar, don't get me wrong), is kind'a meh.

So, I'll bet you that Shroud has the same effect. An uptick in numbers at the very start, and a massive dropoff. One time can be an anomaly. Two times starting a trend.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'm telling ya, Poki is next. She brings female diversity and lures over all the horny nerds. Makes too much sense.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
While I cant deny shroud is good at FPS, I I dont watch the dude. Hes got no personality. but kudos for him, if you can make millions playing fucking games for a living, more power to you. Only in fucking America.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's two streamer types. Professionals and Hobby type streamers. Pros are in the streaming business. They're there to make money and blow up their "brand". That's fine, that's what Shroud is. That's what Doc is. That's what Ninja is. Everything they do is business decisions, and that's cool, but it also makes them less enjoyable to people who look at stream as a more of a passtime than a business.

MoonMoon 100% WAS a professional streamer. He started out goofing around then realized he could get paid. Then he grinded and grinded 10+ hours a day of Overwatch 6 days a week. Then he made it and he chilled out. He plays whatever he wants. He actually has a community like his discord and subs and he does stuff FOR them. There are other streamers like that who aren't 15k+ viewer boys, but in the 2-5k viewership and some in games/genres you wouldn't notice, but they do the same stuff. Those are the streamers I look at with higher regards.

You want Lebron going team to team trying to get Championships?

Or

You want Tim Duncan spending his entire career sweating it out with the Spurs?

There's no right answer, just different views.

Also MoonMoon ironically begs for subs so he can be #1 on Twitch and then high-horse everyone. Dude has 0 sponsors, doesn't roll ads, and has 0 merchandise. Runs cash give-aways in his stream, PAYS Dungeon Masters to run D&D games, and makes bets with chat to gift-sub HUNDREDS of subs. You think he's a money grabber like Shroud you're out of you're fucking mind.

• 6Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's two streamer types. Professionals and Hobby type streamers. Pros are in the streaming business. They're there to make money and blow up their "brand". That's fine, that's what Shroud is. That's what Doc is. That's what Ninja is. Everything they do is business decisions, and that's cool, but it also makes them less enjoyable to people who look at stream as a more of a passtime than a business.

MoonMoon 100% WAS a professional streamer. He started out goofing around then realized he could get paid. Then he grinded and grinded 10+ hours a day of Overwatch 6 days a week. Then he made it and he chilled out. He plays whatever he wants. He actually has a community like his discord and subs and he does stuff FOR them. There are other streamers like that who aren't 15k+ viewer boys, but in the 2-5k viewership and some in games/genres you wouldn't notice, but they do the same stuff. Those are the streamers I look at with higher regards.

Or

Also MoonMoon ironically begs for subs so he can be #1 on Twitch and then high-horse everyone. Dude has 0 sponsors, doesn't roll ads, and has 0 merchandise. Runs cash give-aways in his stream, PAYS Dungeon Masters to run D&D games, and makes bets with chat to gift-sub HUNDREDS of subs. You think he's a money grabber like Shroud you're out of you're fucking mind.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Or

And he can do all this on other platforms, so why is he passionate about staying on Twitch? Why does it matter which platform he.. or others.. use? I guess I'm not seeing the connection here...

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Woooah there Shroud Fanbois! I didn't mean to attack your capitalism feels!

I mean there's people like MoonMoon who've said "I've made millions of dollars. I'm set. I'm going to play games until no one wants to watch me play them, then I'll retire. I'm not going to be a corporate shill or butt-boy, I'm just going to do what I want to do." Shroud could do that, he's easily made more than MoonMoon, but Shroud is 25 and Moon is 30 and I think Shroud just wants to amass as many dollars as he can. That's fine, but that's also a reason I wouldn't watch him. He made it years ago, now he's just scrimpin' to get as much extra money as he can. If that's your thing, that's fine, but like, lol. This is in the same vein as fucking shopping at the dollar store for your shit when you make 200k a year to save that extra 50 dollars a month. Like, maybe spare some extra cash for integrity or honor? It's whatever.

Just look for the barrage of the "I'd never go to Mixer" clips from Shroud. Because I was there for several times he said it. But he's always been a me-first kind of guy, so it shouldn't surprise anyone.

If I'm the FoH Shroud then you fucks should all Tier 3 to me so I can make millions of dollars a year and get an uncomfortable $700 chair with fuckin' tiger stripes and shit and wear a leather jacket with "McRib: 2 for $5" stitched on the back that I'm contractually obligated to rotate my chair every 90 minutes to show you.

You realize you're talking about dudes playing video games on the internet?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Or

He's not going to fuck you stream Apex with you.

And seriously, he was a pro until he met his financial goals and now he's just chill? What if Shroud's goal was 10 mil and now he is going to be chill? You just like this Moon dude better than any other streamer and that is fine because you do you. However, trying to blast other streamers and assuming motives when you have no fucking clue how or why they make choices just makes you sound like an idiot.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Doc sounds salty af:

Shroud's first stream
I watched the first 30 mins or so live and the quality is so insanely good on mixer.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I dont think Doc is very salty, he had 97k viewers when shroud launched with 70k. A dollar bill is a dollar bill.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I dont think Doc is very salty, he had 97k viewers when shroud launched with 70k. A dollar bill is a dollar bill.

The segment that starts at 5:05 from Doc is pretty salty "the only person that benefitted, is Shroud"... "and that's it"... "but we gonna wish him luck, he's gonna need it..."

lol

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Alright so let me ask you guys this.

What incentive does anyone else have to move to mixer? It's not an established platform, the viewers aren't there. Ninja's numbers have been steadily dropping. While they'll get a tick from Shroud, the same will happen to both of them. Why should any big streamer switch? Microsoft has shown they are willing to give people money, and lots of it, so everyone should hold out for money. How many people can Mixer really buy? Not enough to make a real impact. So people will stay on Twitch because that is where people really actually watch and spend money. I would be willing to be that Ninja's donations have decreased since he switched to Mixer.

By getting people to switch on the money motivation Mixer has pretty much doomed themselves to failure, because others won't switch without the same. There has to be a benefit, and what's the benefit that outweighs the risk, if it isn't just getting paid?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You fuckers are sounding like wrestling fans now, acting like anything these showmen do or say like it's real.

How the fuck are you adults and not realize that literally nothing that comes from them can be trusted as being authentic?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Alright so let me ask you guys this.

What incentive does anyone else have to move to mixer? It's not an established platform, the viewers aren't there. Ninja's numbers have been steadily dropping. While they'll get a tick from Shroud, the same will happen to both of them. Why should any big streamer switch? Microsoft has shown they are willing to give people money, and lots of it, so everyone should hold out for money. How many people can Mixer really buy? Not enough to make a real impact. So people will stay on Twitch because that is where people really actually watch and spend money. I would be willing to be that Ninja's donations have decreased since he switched to Mixer.

By getting people to switch on the money motivation Mixer has pretty much doomed themselves to failure, because others won't switch without the same. There has to be a benefit, and what's the benefit that outweighs the risk, if it isn't just getting paid?

Big names don't need to all move. Mixer just wants some of the pie. Mixer is a good possibility for NEW streamers since the platform is relatively young and you're less likely to get lost in the crowd. Twitch can no longer work for people wanting to grow organically. Nobody will find you. Even if you're a top pro for your game, you're unlikely to be relevant.

Microsoft is releasing some big games in the coming years which should draw more to Mixer: Halo, AoE4 to name a couple. Fans of these games may not find good streamers on Twitch, just like if you want to watch Smite or AoE DE streams, you need to go to Mixer. Depending what your "game of choice" is, will determine which platform you will want to visit.

We shouldn't want Twitch to "die". We should want solid competition in the space. Even if Mixer/Twitch is a 25/75 share, that's far better than the 3/97 currently.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users