Twitch.tv

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Not a fan of OTV but toast seems like a genuinely good person with all the shit like that he does

weird to go to FB though, isnt that site barren now lol

So, When I was part of the gaming community some facebook marketing / product manager made he was shilling something they were working on that they were "thrilled" to release and wanted to get people in the community involved.

Queue them releasing Facebook streaming...

At the time I salted the land by saying..."why do we need another streaming platform?" because we had Twitch, Mixer, Youtube. Mixer and Youtube were getting very little in the way of engagement compared to twitch.

His answer was something like, "We have a ton of users, our engagement (whatever metric he used..) is amazing..." and a bunch of other marketing bullshit. So I checked out the site and it was a cluster-fuck. You can't find shit you want to watch and are instead "Curated" a list of "Hey watch these guys!" It was obnoxious because facebook PRIDES themselves on making imaginary connections between people VIA algorithm but apparently in my case that system blows.

His shit WILL get views, you can't have a billion users and NOT get views, he won't get interaction, because facebook has one of the worst systems for fostering return viewers.

I mean shit, in the small ass community that guy made, he pushed the platform to us first and we had people that had like 3 views over a year of streaming on twitch pulling in hundreds of views on facebook. No one said anything in chat though, there wasn't interaction at all...it was just you throwing shit to the wall.

Shit they didn't even do anything with it, it's a ghetto twitch UI with even less functionality.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FaceBook has a streamer service? WTF?

Terrible decision by Toast. But, maybe his Youtube following is good enough to keep him relevant while he withers away in obscurity on FaceBook.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
FaceBook has a streamer service? WTF?

Terrible decision by Toast. But, maybe his Youtube following is good enough to keep him relevant while he withers away in obscurity on FaceBook.

I'd assume Toast is getting a really good payday to go to FB.
I doubt he cares about his viewership #s now.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
LuL people thinking they know how well off FB streamers are doing. We don't even get the accurate numbers for Twitch streamers yet we have people debating whether the decision was good or bad.

Toast has already shown he doesn't care about the money, he is looking for something else. StoneMountain64 gets 100,000+ viewers on his livestream. Who knows if the algorithm picks up viewers who watch for 1 minute or not, but he isn't over here suffering.

If anything, my concern isn't whether their choices are smart, its that now my life is harder because I either have to never watch him (which I rarely did) or I have to learn FB's trash layout. Most likely I'll just not watch.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think, and this may be wishful thinking, that all the Twitch switchovers that are happening now are caused by them getting the numbers in the bank that they are looking for and them jumping ship before Twitch gets too bad.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When it comes to the streamer-platform wars... Lirik seems like the top prize and Golden Goose in all this.

He is a variety streamer. He has credibility. He has a massive fanbase. The are real. They are loyal. It isn't based on some flavor of the month FPS shit game. I would guess his demo is 15 to 35, whereas someone like Ninja is like 6 to 17.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Nah, you grossly underestimate how popular Dr. Disrespect still is. Even moonmoon would be more impactful than him

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have been enjoying AdvertiseSP a bit. He has been killing the hell out of Asmongold and his guild and seems to be driving him off the server because Asmon is a carebear with the largest guild on the server.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nah, you grossly underestimate how popular Dr. Disrespect still is. Even moonmoon would be more impactful than him

Moon wishes he is bigger variety streamer than Lirik, but he isn't. Every big game release Lirik gets 40k+ viewers.

Lirk won't be moving from Twitch unless he gets an offer he can't refuse, and even then it'll never be Facebook.

Edit: Lirik's 72k viewers is from some view botter:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing similar about Moon Moon and Lirik is that they are Variety steamers.

Moon moon is a Rate R, late night hours, and has a 99% male audience. Lirik is PG13, streams during the day, and hits a wider age range, and attracts both viewer-genders.

I like them both, but Lirik is more marketable to the masses.

• 1Seriously?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think the streaming platforms are attacking for audience type, then letting everything relegate itself under that umbrella. My handful of experience w/ FB streams purely came from when I would flip through videos, somehow a stream would get mixed in there and I wouldn't realize it after a solid minute that it wasn't some stupid video game compilation.

Atleast from my perspective, FB is aiming to grab hold of the mobile streams. The ones i've seen mostly on FB were PUBG Mobile, and the other BR mobile games. It could have been algorithm because I was playing those games on my phone during living in Tokyo.. but Toast kinda fits that w/ TFT and Hearthstone fame.

Mixer wants FPS centric players mostly, because on their xbox platform, things like Halo and Call of Duty are their bread and butter... I only know shroud and ninja, there was a third on a lesser known but I have no idea who he was.

I could be wrong, but that seems to be what these moves are mostly about. I am wondering what Sony will do, because I believe they just ended the FB streaming contract. It'd be mega move to partner w/ twitch/youtube now, but they'll prob try to create their own platform too.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Is anyone else's suggested streams like 50/50 male/female when the actual ratio is at least 70/30? It really bugs the shit out of me. There is no fucking way they are not vastly inflating the number of female streamers that get suggested.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Lirik still sitting over 50k. Apparently it's not bots and reddit related? Curious if Shroud and Ninja leaving is already affecting him. Still seems fishy that many people would watch him play AoE2 vs bots...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lirik has too much fun with Giantwaffle and Shortyyguy to ever leave Twitch, unless they were invited to go along.

• 2Like