Twitch.tv

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
“If you wanted to know, I’m worth about half a million dollars, there you go,” the Twitch streamer shared before explaining shortly after that the considerable figure was calculated even after taxes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I always like to wonder what these people do to break through. Probably not playing shitass games like Overwatch I bet

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Most of the streamers I watch often talk about playing games when not streaming. Some games you'd want to just experience without the work added onto it, and some games just wouldn't fit for their stream

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You need to be the top 0.1% of a game, and play a popular game.
And/or be in the top 5-10% of a game that isn't popular yet, but eventually becomes popular (Ninja > FortNite).
Also helps to have an appealing personality, but you still get streamers like Tfue that only thrive off their skill level.
Also winning a big tournament helps (Bugha).

Otherwise, as a Male streamer, it's extremely difficult to break through.

If you've never been at the top % of any particular video game, forget being a streamer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
You need to be the top 0.1% of a game, and play a popular game.
And/or be in the top 5-10% of a game that isn't popular yet, but eventually becomes popular (Ninja > FortNite).
Also helps to have an appealing personality, but you still get streamers like Tfue that only thrive off their skill level.
Also winning a big tournament helps (Bugha).

Otherwise, as a Male streamer, it's extremely difficult to break through.

If you've never been at the top % of any particular video game, forget being a streamer.

People like CohCarnage and Itmejp disagree with you

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
itmejp was once a top LoL player (afaik). or was it WoW?
Coh was early enough to break through, I'm talking the year 2020.

Once you've acquired a fanbase via the criteria I just mentioned, you can then start slacking off.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
itmejp was once a top LoL player (afaik). or was it WoW?
Coh was early enough to break through, I'm talking the year 2020.

Once you've acquired a fanbase via the criteria I just mentioned, you can then start slacking off.

I am pretty sure Itmejp wasn't an LoL streamer ever. He gained his 'fame' through MLG and SC2. That said pretty sure he was NEVER a top anything player... ever

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
OK keep pointing to streamers that were around since 2009 then..
I use to watch a ton of LoL streams and pretty sure I heard of him at that time but really no idea. I just know he's been around a while.
My points still stand.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Overwatch did well for XQC and Seagull, even if they don’t play that all the time anymore.
xQc for sure, but he's got the personality to go with it. Seagull absolutely lost like 85% of his viewership when he stopped streaming OW for a long period.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
How to do well on Twitch:

Be one of the best
Have some rocking tits
Hit a good gimmick at the right time
Import an audience from Youtube
Go back in time to 2013 and spend years building up an audience that puts you high in the viewers list when the site goes big.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Some streamers got their break pre-Twitch on Youtube and transitioned to Twitch more or less full time, so they had a pre-existing audience

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit, lol. Poor Mixer... and who the fuck watches Facebook Gaming? Russian troll bots?

20200110_video_game_streaming_hours_market_share.1578688992252.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
That chart surprised me on how big facebook gaming has become. You would think with all of the money Microsoft could through at video game streaming that they would be up there real close to youtube numbers.