Twitch.tv

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shooters/FPS's are so flavor of the month. Putting any serious investment behind any of them seems shortsighted. These big dollar investors are going to find out pretty quick what frauds Activision Blizzard have turned into.

Dota 2 on the other hand... it has stood the test of time and gives away $34+ million crowd funded by its own player-base on a yearly basis. If that doesn't speak to the health of the game, I don't know what does.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Shooters/FPS's are so flavor of the month. Putting any serious investment behind any of them seems shortsighted. These big dollar investors are going to find out pretty quick what frauds Activision Blizzard have turned into.

Dota 2 on the other hand... it has stood the test of time and gives away $34+ million crowd funded by its own player-base on a yearly basis. If that doesn't speak to the health of the game, I don't know what does.

The problem as I see it are FPS are easy to digest and figure out whats going on. MOBAs on the other hand not so much.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The Blizzard/Youtube deal is so shitty as an actual OW player. I never NEVER go on youtube to look for a live channel. I use Youtube to watch videos. I use Twitch for live streams. They did this for the money, and that's it. No one is watching this shit.

Also OW in general is hard to watch competitively, so it's even more nonsensical. I don't know why Blizzard is forcing it as an esport, they should've let it happened organically.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've never really got into watching MOBAs or Overwatch as esports, just not my thing. I do like watching the Hearthstone tourneys tho.

Youtube is a little better now if you are subscribed to the channel it will put live by it now but ya needs a lot of work still.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard was view botting to pump up their numbers on twitch, no one would ever bother with that on youtube. Not sure why YT would even fork out that kind of money but Actidaddy sure will take it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The problem as I see it are FPS are easy to digest and figure out whats going on. MOBAs on the other hand not so much.

I feel the opposite, I can watch MOBAs easily, FPS are too chaotic.

Also I prefer YouTube over Twitch any time. I watch YouTube for all the LoL events. It just runs better imo, also being able to pause/rewind is nice.
(No idea if Twitch added this recently since I havent been on twitch much lately)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea I don't enjoy playing MOBAs but they are pretty easy to watch. 5 on 5 true team vs team gameplay on a field with clear objectives. You don't really need to know what abilities are really doing because it's easy to understand "this person killed that person" or "this team captured this objective".

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
YouTube is great for live stream viewing. Until Twitch gets their apps and shit straightened out they can fuck right off.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The Blizzard/Youtube deal is so shitty as an actual OW player. I never NEVER go on youtube to look for a live channel. I use Youtube to watch videos. I use Twitch for live streams. They did this for the money, and that's it. No one is watching this shit.

Also OW in general is hard to watch competitively, so it's even more nonsensical. I don't know why Blizzard is forcing it as an esport, they should've let it happened organically.

Same thing happened with dota and facebook (i think?) and i stopped watching dota tournys.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard was view botting to pump up their numbers on twitch, no one would ever bother with that on youtube. Not sure why YT would even fork out that kind of money but Actidaddy sure will take it.
I am almost positive this play was not just for OW

The race to world first in Shadowlands is going to be broadcast by Blizzard on Youtube, can quote me on that.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

I'd imagine they all look back at dota when it was just a wc3 mod and contemplate suicide letting that golden goose fly to Valve. Now they do everything possible to get what should have been "theirs".

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I'd imagine they all look back at dota when it was just a wc3 mod and contemplate suicide letting that golden goose fly to Valve. Now they do everything possible to get what should have been "theirs".

Or farther back with Starcraft: Brood War and all the money the South Koreans made off that shit.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Blizzard would have fucked up DOTA more than likely and I can almost guarantee you would never have seen the same prizepools.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Because they simplified HOTS like they do every game they release now. Maps are tiny and the gameplay is way simplified over other MOBAS. No gear, no items, no last hit shit and micro. Boooooring

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because they simplified HOTS like they do every game they release now. Maps are tiny and the gameplay is way simplified over other MOBAS. No gear, no items, no last hit shit and micro. Boooooring

They would have done the same thing with DOTA2 if it was in their hands. Thank god they screwed the pooch on that IP.

Fadaar

That guy
I feel the opposite, I can watch MOBAs easily, FPS are too chaotic.

Also I prefer YouTube over Twitch any time. I watch YouTube for all the LoL events. It just runs better imo, also being able to pause/rewind is nice.
(No idea if Twitch added this recently since I havent been on twitch much lately)

Same for me. I can watch League LCS all day long but shit like Overwatch or CoD? Barf. I do like watching slower shooters like BR's or games like Tarkov but that's more because of the streamers themselves than anything.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Same for me. I can watch League LCS all day long but shit like Overwatch or CoD? Barf. I do like watching slower shooters like BR's or games like Tarkov but that's more because of the streamers themselves than anything.

Yes but we are gamers. There are still a lot of people who aren't(even if they play games). And games that are simple to understand(good guy kills bad guy) are easier to digest.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
xW1c75W.jpg

she apparently also needs a makeup guy, because she can't really do that herself either. She straight painted herself into uncanny valley here, which I didn't think possible five minutes ago.

• 1Worf