Twitch.tv

spronk

FPS noob
i dont watch twitch much anymore but why are so many people playing Escape from Tarkov? latest BR? Noticed today the doc, summit, and lirik were all playing it solo

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Ehhhh, Regardless, I've just stopped watching Summit when he's playing it. Much much too boring. Too much downtime to have ten seconds of, "WTF!?!?"

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i dont watch twitch much anymore but why are so many people playing Escape from Tarkov? latest BR? Noticed today the doc, summit, and lirik were all playing it solo
Not so much a BR as hardcore diablo adventure mode with PVP. Skill ceiling is high but engagements can be very short.

It's another game that's fun to play (if you're at the top end) but watching is a mixed bag depending entirely on whether good fights versus other players happen.

Cybsled

It blew up when Twitch and EFT had a promo where you got drops for watching streams. A lot of streamers started to play it. Shroud had been playing it a lot before it became big.

It's basically a tactical sim shooter /w RPG and PVP&PVE elements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My impression is that it's having the same response as Day Z had when that became big, but is a far better designed game, and people are responding well to it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love watching Lirik play the EFT. It's a fun game to watch, imho. It does show how bad Twitch's codec is. It's not just Lirik's stream, but other streams also become a pixelated mess dealing with the tree's in EFT. Twitch reallly needs to allow streamers to up the bitrate.

If you have FFZ installed, make sure to turn on audio compression. It improves audio quality a ton.

8v4bi0V.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I love watching Lirik play the EFT. It's a fun game to watch, imho. It does show how bad Twitch's codec is. It's not just Lirik's stream, but other streams also become a pixelated mess dealing with the tree's in EFT. Twitch reallly needs to allow streamers to up the bitrate.

If you have FFZ installed, make sure to turn on audio compression. It improves audio quality a ton.

8v4bi0V.png

Its the pain killers in the game. They give the game a fuzzy appearance so there is a visual representation for the player being on morphine.

spronk

FPS noob
They are very consistent streamers. They've been streaming on YouTube for a few years now.

yeah i've watched them on youtube for years, its great when kids are around since the guides are super knowledgable and informative. I think youtube will still be a better way to watch this since youtube lets you skip around (and go backwards on a live stream) whereas twitch is live only or archived streams/clips, its a bit more clumsy for useful stuff like this.

They also tend to have long stretches where they just follow bugs and shit which you can just skip over, but whenever they encounter the cheetahs, lions, elephants, etc its absolutely fascinating in a Planet Earth kinda way

• 1Like