Twitch.tv

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So that twitch prime I gave you the other week is for nothing??!!
It added $2.50 to the pot. I've only gotten a very sad amount of subs lol, but once I hit $100 I'm getting it

Eventually I'll make it big and get paid.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I gave you my prime sub on the condition you roll on Whitemane Horde for classic. So... when is that happening?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mark Cuban made an excellent point regarding streaming. The time investing is not worth it financially unless your one of those streamers bringing in loads of money monthly. He got alot of flack for it but honestly he is correct. The amount of hours some of these streamers put in a week is not the ideal job especially around my age. I'm 48 and no way in hell I could play a game for 8 to 10 hours or more daily. I use to be able to do it in my 20s and to a point in my 30s but now no way in hell. It catches up with you physically and mentally.

yeah well Mark Cuban wouldn't run a business for 30k a year either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Now do that 6 days a week for the rest of your life for $12/hr.

There are some really idiotic stories you hear about streamers switching from successful, promising careers to stream because it was their "passion". Jdotb has a law degree and was a corporate attorney and now he's a mid 30's loser living in his friend's basement.

Who cares if you hate your job/life if you're making a lot of money, amirite? Definitely better than being a 'loser'!

Going down the youtube/streamer path is no different than opening any other business. It sucks balls and you're poor as fuck until you make it (if you make it). The difference is you don't need to take on a massive amount of debt to try and start a streamer/youtuber career as opposed to trying to open a restaurant or something...

• 1Truth!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This is hilarious, jesus on lucio haha

They need to give doc some basic info like don't shoot the bubbles and shoot through the big square thing etc

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Who cares if you hate your job/life if you're making a lot of money, amirite? Definitely better than being a 'loser'!

Going down the youtube/streamer path is no different than opening any other business. It sucks balls and you're poor as fuck until you make it (if you make it). The difference is you don't need to take on a massive amount of debt to try and start a streamer/youtuber career as opposed to trying to open a restaurant or something...

Guys like Jdotb put zero effort into their stream. They turn on their stream and play games. "Streaming" is nothing more than an excuse to be a reclusive, lazy, ambitionless loser for most people. They don't even attempt to turn it into a real career. It's just something to say to Mom and Dad when they ask you why you do nothing but play video games all day.

It's pathetic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Being a streamer for young kids is like being a baseketball star for young black kids. It's a dream that will only work out for people that already posses the natural talent to be really successful at it. In streaming's case, it's all just skill and/or personality. Success simply through grinding is no longer achievable and at best will result in shit pay for a lot of work and a lot of personal sacrifice.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It's really hard to find a streamer that has the total package meaning they interact with chat, who is actually good at the game and their setup quality is high. I use to follow Asomgold but his chat is pure toxic and honestly he bitched too much how bad classic was and getting ganked playing on a pvp server. And his stream quality sucked for a while until he upgraded despite making thousands of dollars monthly. Mcconnel made his chat interesting. I use to follow Towellie but he's borderline stupid. Mathil is an excellent player but I find him to be very boring. I just mainly watch Quin69(yeah he acts like he has ADHD, dyslexia and autistic but I find him humorous) and Datmodz even though his internet connection sucks ass.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Anyone see that weird hex scrawled on a wall in that little locker room thing?

Hex to ascii is:
KJ+X
G5BO
FYXC
ASLO
FTXC
4ICQ
MVQW
GZJO

Which doesn't mean anything to me

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Oops, it was in doc's stream. He walked into a locker room with strange stuff on the walls.
dochex.png

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Guys like Jdotb put zero effort into their stream. They turn on their stream and play games. "Streaming" is nothing more than an excuse to be a reclusive, lazy, ambitionless loser for most people. They don't even attempt to turn it into a real career. It's just something to say to Mom and Dad when they ask you why you do nothing but play video games all day.

It's pathetic.

How is being a corporate lawyer less 'pathetic'? "Oh my god I contribute to society i'm an amazing person, i'm a corporate lawyer! Bow down and worship me, video game playing losers! I have a $3.2m house and 7 cars worth more than you make in a decade haha!"

• 1Like