Twitch.tv

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Moonmoon showed his sub counts on stream. Assuming base Twitch split of $2.50 per $5/twitch prime sub, $6 per $10 sub, and $17.50 per $25 sub (which he probably has better than), he's making 48k a month on subs alone.

That's insane. It's so mind blowing to think about the guys who really make it pulling in 7 figures a year.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Moonmoon showed his sub counts on stream. Assuming base Twitch split of $2.50 per $5/twitch prime sub, $6 per $10 sub, and $17.50 per $25 sub (which he probably has better than), he's making 48k a month on subs alone.

That's insane. It's so mind blowing to think about the guys who really make it pulling in 7 figures a year.

Fricken shroud got up to something like 25k subs. Lirik said the other week he was at 18k or so. Couple the donations and these guys are pulling 6 figures a month easy.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Someone was telling me Shroud was up to like 33k subs, and that C9 has a deal with twitch that they get $4 per $5 sub. Mind boggling

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Reckful "accidentally" show his subs and he earns 500k or so. $5 subs don't always equal 2.50 for the streamer. You can better your rate and Reckful's Jew mind countered Twitches.

Citz

Silver Squire
Shortyyguy was talking about the two types of possible contract with Twitch. Standard contract is 2.50$ per sub. Premium contract is 3.50$.

No idea what it takes to be a premium though.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
New Titch beta or something when I went there today. At least when you are watching a stream and hit the back button it stops now instead of shrinking down to the corner and sound keeps going.

I really wish they would work on their search function. I wanted to find the CCP stream so I put in ccp, nope. Only will find it if you capitalise it. Seemed odd.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
New Titch beta or something when I went there today. At least when you are watching a stream and hit the back button it stops now instead of shrinking down to the corner and sound keeps going.

I really wish they would work on their search function. I wanted to find the CCP stream so I put in ccp, nope. Only will find it if you capitalise it. Seemed odd.
That mini player thing is an option you can turn off I believe. At least I know I have it turned off, but that might be something that FrankerFaceZ let me turn off

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone was telling me Shroud was up to like 33k subs, and that C9 has a deal with twitch that they get $4 per $5 sub. Mind boggling
Yeah, I haven't watched him in a week or so but he was pushing towards 35k. It's absolutely insane.

1 good year of streaming and he'd be set for life.

Borzak

Getting ads now, never got an ad on Twitch before. That was the great thing about twitch, I had channels I had subs for and I might watch a channel for 2 minutes to see if it was worth watching, now got ads on them. Nope.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Using the HTML5 player lets ads through but Flash can still get adblocked. Lesser of two evils.

Borzak

I guess it reset everything on the beta deal yesterday. I was getting ads on channels I was subbed to tonight.

Disabled beta and it went away. Also while in beta I couldn't see whispers sent to me.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Getting ads now, never got an ad on Twitch before. That was the great thing about twitch, I had channels I had subs for and I might watch a channel for 2 minutes to see if it was worth watching, now got ads on them. Nope.

Link yur prime.

Edit nm saw more recent post

spronk

FPS noob
I've noticed a lot more twitch streamers in /IRL streaming tourism from asia, but rarely from other places. wonder why. Reckful/soda are there in Japan now too riding trains and being dumbasses, pretty cool life as a 20-something though

Borzak

No matter how many times I uncheck "try beta" the next time I go to the site I'm in beta again. I put the stream on pause for more than a minute I get a commercial while it's paused. Not much using having the abillity to pause if it breaks into the pause and runs a commercial.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I like the beta, but I'm so used to BTTV and FFZ that I just can't do it without.

If people are willing to pay you travel the world and do whatever you want, why the fuck not. There are a few streamers that are doing it

Borzak

The ad I just got when I didn't realise it was switched to beta was a Japanese ad. No idea what's going on.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am getting some ads that go full volume and can't be muted. That is some seriously infuriating bullshit, especially since full volume streamers are much quieter than full volume ads.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've noticed this whole "tourist in Asia" thing too, usually they're sitting in some sushi or noodle restaurant talking. Who watches shit like that?

Borzak

Played around with it a little. No way to have unchecked beta site to not get it stay after you close the browser. Next time you come back it's on beta. Beta gets the ads, now even during a pause, volume issues, and it automatically resets your stream download to the most resolution and such.