Twitch.tv

goishen

Macho Ma'am
So I don't follow Twitch drama, but this shit is exploding all over and I need some zoomer to tell my dumb boomer ass whats the deal.

So all of the internet space just got collectively me too'd. How much of this is bullshit? Cause I keep seeing and reading all these twitlonger posts and its like, "Well, he hit on me, and I was too anxious and scared to say no. He never did anything. Just told me I should go out more. He never touched me, but it was super awkward and I was worried. But I suffer from too much anxiety to tell anyone about it at the time. Later I said something, people were like "Oh shit really? What happened." And then I told them nothing really happened and they blew me off and now I'm telling the world."

Now, it appears somewhere like a handful of them have some merit? But most of them are just some awkward nerd interaction where no one was touched, nothing happened, just awkward 'I think you're cute, can we date?' level shit and the 'socially anxious couldn't say anything cause no one would ever help me.' person is now out on twitter talking about how crushed and scared they were and that person needs to be unpersoned forever.

Can someone who is smart on this shit make a nice sum up roundup? Is the internet full of literal fucking rapists, or do we just have a bunch of awkward people who can't human and now everyone is equating social awkwardness to sexual assault?

No, I think you pretty much nailed it. I know that the internet is pretty much rigged against us, but your thinking is correct.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I don't follow Twitch drama, but this shit is exploding all over and I need some zoomer to tell my dumb boomer ass whats the deal.

So all of the internet space just got collectively me too'd. How much of this is bullshit? Cause I keep seeing and reading all these twitlonger posts and its like, "Well, he hit on me, and I was too anxious and scared to say no. He never did anything. Just told me I should go out more. He never touched me, but it was super awkward and I was worried. But I suffer from too much anxiety to tell anyone about it at the time. Later I said something, people were like "Oh shit really? What happened." And then I told them nothing really happened and they blew me off and now I'm telling the world."

Now, it appears somewhere like a handful of them have some merit? But most of them are just some awkward nerd interaction where no one was touched, nothing happened, just awkward 'I think you're cute, can we date?' level shit and the 'socially anxious couldn't say anything cause no one would ever help me.' person is now out on twitter talking about how crushed and scared they were and that person needs to be unpersoned forever.

Can someone who is smart on this shit make a nice sum up roundup? Is the internet full of literal fucking rapists, or do we just have a bunch of awkward people who can't human and now everyone is equating social awkwardness to sexual assault?

Whore be whores. Twitch decided to go apeshit with #MeToo's over the last couple of days 99% of them are "He hugged me for too long" or "I withdrew consent 6 months after the sex so now it's rape" most of it is total fucking bullshit. There might be a handful of real creepers/date rapist but with all the other sluts and whores vying for attention the real victims are drowned out. All of the shit is allegations with no police reports or evidence just some e-thots hoping X-streamer/superstar will catapult them into massive money for nothing.

Dr.Disrespect has been banned but literally nobody has any idea why or what the root cause is since nobody has released specific info. That's about it. 99.9% bullshit with .1% rape and 1000% attention look at me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So my other question is, why is all this shit exploding within the same week? Did one suddenly give heroism shots to all the nerd women out there?

There is a Napolean quote 'Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times enemy action." I work in a field of data analytics and such, and this trend seems too tightly packed to be pure coincidence, or is it just, "Oh, Awkard McPimpleface was creepy with you? Well me too! He asked me out and it was super awkward and even though I was living on his dime and eating his food and using him for resources it felt like if I told him I wasn't interested he'd stop providing for me. So I just strung him along. It was horrible!" And so more and more people gang pile in.

If it seems I'm a bit sick of this shit and being hyperbolic, I am :)

But I am sick of this weak shit, moreso cause they are now saying any accusation should have the person iceboxed till the investigation is done. Taken of streams, taken off esports teams etc, and people are too dumb to realize how bad an idea that is. Big Football game? Metoo the corner back before your match so your star wide receiver has a better match up. People act like this shit would never be abused. Fuck it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So my other question is, why is all this shit exploding within the same week? Did one suddenly give heroism shots to all the nerd women out there?
Its like Piranhas. Second they sense weakness they all pounce. Until then they happily swim around and ignore the "problem".

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

IMO if some cunt accuses you of rape publicly in attempt to get you fired and lose your livelihood she is almost always totally full of shit.

Why you might ask? Because she almost always also explicitly does not make any effort to file charges against you. As sexual assault and rape are actual felonies.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If it seems I'm a bit sick of this shit and being hyperbolic, I am :)

The sad part is you aren't being hyperbolic at all. Your example above is about as on the nose level accurate as it could be.

"Oh, Awkard McPimpleface was creepy with you? Well me too! He asked me out and it was super awkward and even though I was living on his dime and eating his food and using him for resources it felt like if I told him I wasn't interested he'd stop providing for me. So I just strung him along. It was horrible!"

This is the most common of all the complaints listed. Like how did this guy I was using as a paypig simp ever get the impression that I would let him fuck?? :emoji_thinking: :emoji_thinking: :emoji_thinking:

If you don't instantly side with the woman and absolve her of any wrongdoing white knights will fly in and scream victim shaming as if women have no culpability for their actions.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Pretty much. Safety in numbers, plus if you do it at the same time as others, people are more alert to it and it becomes part of a pandemic vs. a one-off situation.

Why you might ask? Because she almost always also explicitly does not make any effort to file charges against you. As sexual assault and rape are actual felonies.

Criminally it is harder to charge unless you can get sufficient evidence, which is why so many rapes go unreported. If you're reporting it years after the fact and have no solid evidence beyond your testimony (or an admission from the other part), you're not going to meet that burden of proof needed to get any charges from the state. It's one thing to have a rape kit with DNA evidence, evidence of bruises, witnesses, photographic evidence, etc vs. having a statement made years or months after the fact that cannot be corroborated with any other solid sources or evidence.

Last edited:
  • 1Faggotry

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Pretty much. Safety in numbers, plus if you do it at the same time as others, people are more alert to it and it becomes part of a pandemic vs. a one-off situation.
To the retarded human mind 10 shitty allegations sound just as good as 1 solid allegation.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To the retarded human mind 10 shitty allegations sound just as good as 1 solid allegation.

Which is what happened to a degree with the whole DOTA2 thing. There were some serious allegations, but then you had some people tossing out the "rape" word for consensual relationships and getting it mixed up with the whole thing (the whole Zyori thing where the accusers ended up coming off more as the exploiters).

Mao

Trakanon Raider
The only one I've heard people talk about that seems to have any background to it is the dude from Method? Apparently he was into kids and grooming and shit? That one supposedly went to the cops but came back without sufficient evidence?

As a company, what do you do in that case? If you fire the guy you get wrongful termination possibilities. If you don't, you get pilloried and lose all your sponsors / clout. If you just shutter him away and keep paying him you risk the possibility of both lawsuits and loss of sponsors as no one is happy.

Guess you need good lawyers writing up very protective of your image contracts, but when most these people were brought on I doubt that was a thing.

I'll add, the metric for who believes who from what little I've seen is just 'who am I friends with.' People were getting called out in Twitch streams for supporting someone full throatedly, yet denouncing someone else when the facts of the cases were the same. The reason, "Well, I know that person and they told me the story, and I believe them."

It was merely factions and camps, and who you were friends with and who you wanted to white knight against the other side. If I was any more paranoid, I'd think this stuff had some behind it looking to destablize and fracture the community.

Gonna edit to add in, if you read the accounts, they seem /very/ stilted to color the interactions between the parties involved. If you just read the interactions without the person's emotional commentary to color it, it just seemed benign and awkward. But when you keep adding in the 'And I felt this, and I was scared of this.' it highly prejudices the reading and 'feel' of the claims.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Edit: Some claiming GameFuel never removed him and he wasn't with the other sponsor for awhile now, so may just be whatever.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Criminally it is harder to charge unless you can get sufficient evidence, which is why so many rapes go unreported. If you're reporting it years after the fact and have no solid evidence beyond your testimony (or an admission from the other part), you're not going to meet that burden of proof needed to get any charges from the state. It's one thing to have a rape kit with DNA evidence, evidence of bruises, witnesses, photographic evidence, etc vs. having a statement made years or months after the fact that cannot be corroborated with any other solid sources or evidence.

Sorry don't give a shit. We have laws for a reason I'm sorry accusations without evidence have no weight.

Oh wait I'm not. Random unprovable accusations to get people fired and fuck up there lives can get right fucked. Along with any faggot who supports them.

• 8Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
They tried to cancel my boy Swifty (WoW streamer). Removed his npc from the game. His first stream since the accusations was yesterday.

Sub after sub after sub after donation in support. No one is believing the accuser (takarita) who drinks a lot. Even Mia Rose came out in defense of Swifty.

• 2Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's the rumor regarding the situation regarding Doc.

Copy/pasted from elsewhere:

*Doc was working on a platform deal w/Spotify (Google)
*Ninja & Shroud were also in (post-mixer)
*Twitch***s catch wind after mixer implodes (supposedly told by a streamer friend of Doc)
*Twitch goes full tsundere ,shoah-ing the CC on twitch in perpetuity , call Doc to the table for breach of C.O. with Google running the disscussions.
*Twitch/Doc/Shroud/Ninja now in mediation

• 1Repost

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Id say that makes more sense, or something contract related. If it was some sexual bullshit the highschool drama club would have already leaked it.