Twitch.tv

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn, so many of you fail to apply a modicum of critical thinking. Communists, China, Spotify, brime, Iawsuits! Just intense masturbatory speculation.

Come on Dick, half the fun is posting all the crazy theories and laughing about them.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The trovo.live seems like the most plausible answer to me, especially if he was trying to get other streamers to move as well. He could be in breach of contract and gonna get sued by twitch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The trovo.live seems like the most plausible answer to me, especially if he was trying to get other streamers to move as well. He could be in breach of contract and gonna get sued by twitch.

That is certainly one way to guaranteed get immediate action from the no bullshit level of leadership.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
and it makes perfect sense for everyone to keep quiet about the reason. No one wants to compromise their position in court later by blabbering about it now.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems weird that 3-6 months ago you just sign a major deal to stay on twitch and then all of the sudden you’re trying to bail for the new platform no one has heard of?
I guess an insane amount of money could do that.

• 1Like

Merrith

Seems weird that 3-6 months ago you just sign a major deal to stay on twitch and then all of the sudden you’re trying to bail for the new platform no one has heard of?
I guess an insane amount of money could do that.

Mixer dying and Ninja/Shroud being free agents would have been a big shake to whatever schedule things might have been on originally. Still a little out there speculation, but I can understand how the silence about everything could line up with something like that.

Merrith

Not working for me on mobile, give deets?

Some streamer I don't know, jaystreazy or something? Just a clip of him walking and saying he was ending his stream now, but big announcement on 29th and he might not be live that day. Said he hoped he didn't get in trouble for mentioning it but it was going to involve a bunch of streamers. Someone posted link to it on the Doc Reddit.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
gi05dgai6n751.png

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

just a guy saying a bunch of streamers are involved in a big announcement tomorrow and he is involved as well
www.twitch.tv/jaystreazy/clip/TenuousMotionlessHerdVoHiYo

if any admin is reading this, clips.twitch.tv is deprecated you just have to replace clips. with www. in the auto-embedder

He definitely mentions hoping not to get in trouble with all the "companies and people" involved. Curious if he's legit. Claimed he had ~650 subs

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Even if Doc, Ninja, and Shroud all move to another platform it isn't going to matter unless they take every streamer from one game category or a ton of mid sized streamers that run the gamut of a variety of games. The three of them cannot be live on rotation 24/7 and even if they could I can almost guarantee you that their core followers have a different, smaller 2nd and 3rd streamer that they watch as much as the big boy.

I really liked watching Shroud when he plays CS or Apex but if it isn't him playing those (or a well run tourney) then my 2nd and 3rd defaults play Rougelike games and auto chess. Since I like those just as much as Shroud and there were literally 0 Mixer streams of those games I ended up never watching anything on Mixer.

• 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1-3 streamers do not make a platform, its the 100s med streamers, the 1K-3K streamers, that make it. The big whales like Doc and shroud are just the icing in top.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

If this jaystreazy guy is legit, he did say "a lot" of streamers...although who the fuck knows what he means by a lot.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Getting canned from Twitch made yahoo news. I guess it's really gone mainstream. I didn't see it on google news.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Im not sure who the "TheQuartering" is but in his youtube video about this, he says trovo.live(tencent) offered him a large sum of money to move. So they could be making offers to streamers of all sizes using DrDisrespect as a way to lure streamers away from Twitch. Dr fucks it up because someone blabs to Twitch about it.