Twitch.tv

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The biggest problem Twitch has is that the youngest generations simply don't play video games on computers/consoles anymore, but tend to do everything on they smartphones.

Good. Fuck them. Then we can make fun of those people who "play" at the internet on their smart phones. Can't happen soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.

The nerd appeal being a "gamer girl" on Twitch will also probably fizzle out in 5 to 10 years, as the next cultural thing comes revolving around.

Simps will always be here. Simps are like herpes. Once you get them, you can't get rid of them.

Doesnt doc just play BRs?

Mostly, but he's been known to play other games as well.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I don't watch games on twitch, I watch movies. The combination of cult classics or fun b-movies and chat?

giphy.gif
Best thing I can hope for is more (legit) sports streaming on twitch and other platforms, as long as it doesn't require a premium sub to view. Twitch having I believe every TNF last year was fucking awesome for someone like me.

Gotta agree with these, Twitch chat makes everything better. The streamers themselves can be hit-or-miss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, I watch streamers because I do not have time these days to research every nuance of every game I play. So these streamers, which pretty much play these games for a living, give me insights into these game I would otherwise have to research on my own. Take for example PoE, I gathered most of my knowledge of that game by watching streams. Which shed countless hours of frustration when I played. Shit even watching some of the racers gave me insight into how to grind the levels more effectively. And got me to kill kitava in less than 7-8 hours. Which is def not up to racing standard, sure, but its way better than If I were to just do it without watching those races. And I pretty much always have chat turned off.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Meh, I watch streamers because I do not have time these days to research every nuance of every game I play. So these streamers, which pretty much play these games for a living, give me insights into these game I would otherwise have to research on my own. Take for example PoE, I gathered most of my knowledge of that game by watching streams. Which shed countless hours of frustration when I played. Shit even watching some of the racers gave me insight into how to grind the levels more effectively. And got me to kill kitava in less than 7-8 hours. Which is def not up to racing standard, sure, but its way better than If I were to just do it without watching those races. And I pretty much always have chat turned off.

If this is the only reason you watch Twitch, than you are better off clicking a youtube video. But your sentiment is not without merit. I finally started playing Sekiro and for shits pulled up an old VOD of one of my preferred streamers and it's crazy how much I missed even in the first few hours that he organically found. These dudes who have played these games for a living are just so much more in tune with this shit, it's such a sad reminder for what a casual I have grown to be.

Also, put me in the fuck Twitch chat column. Personally, I think it's the worst part of being a big streamer. Imagine having to read your least favorite shitposter's shitposts constantly 6 days a week for 8 hours a day. Fuck that. There's literally no way I could do that for a living, no matter how much they make. I enjoy watching Twitch, but Twitch culture is worse than aids.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
there's only like 1 or 2 streamers i regularly watch whose mods arent colossal faggots
The fact that you watch multiple streamers regularly, and enough to even know each one's mods... Takes one to know one?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know about the age thing on Twitch. I think most of the streamers I watch the most of are my age or older, or at least 30+. I don't have time for 20 something shenanigans as I might have done 10-15 years ago. Here are some of my favourite:

Squirrel - A Brit about 60 or so, mostly streams sims, such as Euro Trucker. Usually has 2-3k viewers.
Shenryyr - Around 40, US variety streamer. Mostly streams Paradox games and industry/rail road games. 500-1k viewers.
Malic_VR - 40 something US dude, mostly streams VR Elite: Dangerous as well as lots of DIY stuff. Low 100s viewers.
Father_Bill - 50 something US Catholic priest. Streams mostly Elite: Dangerous as well as some Mech games. Low 100 viewers.
RedWeird_ - 40 something UK variety streamer. Low 100 viewers.
Muckshifter - 70+ UK streamer. Mostly plays LotRO, as well as some other games. Sub 100 viewers.

There are more, just couldn't be arsed to list them all. Now, they all have different personalities, but they're all the same in that they are mature, and cater to a mature audience. They're laid back, discuss things level headedly, there there to play a game and interact with people, not to "be a star and make millions" or whatever. I think Shenryyr is the only one who earns his living off Twitch, but he rents a room and seems happy to be ForeverAlone. The rest either do it as a hobby, or are semi- or permanently retired.

Sure, there are a few younger ones I also watch, but they usually also cater to older crowds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just saw trumps twitch stream is back, guess ban/suspension was lifted. Wonder if lawyers were involved.

Needless

Toe Sucker
turns out going afk for a few weeks to let it blow over works

gotta actually get the law involved to get idiots like these guys to take accountability

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He has Subscribers-Only Chat enable so he doesn't need to answer any questions.

He's going to have sub only mode for the rest of his Twitch career. Twitch chat never forgets. That chick that faked cancer got shit for years.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Now that sounds like he actually got a lawyer rather than that first bullshit he put out

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
He's going to have sub only mode for the rest of his Twitch career. Twitch chat never forgets. That chick that faked cancer got shit for years.
I don't know, there are a few female streamers that have nudes out there and they don't get harassed about them. Hafu comes to mind

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know, there are a few female streamers that have nudes out there and they don't get harassed about them. Hafu comes to mind

Pretty sure anybody with the inclination to harass Hafu about her nudes has already been banned from her channel.

Juvarisx

Florida
Pretty sure anybody with the inclination to harass Hafu about her nudes has already been banned from her channel.

Pretty much and she is low / no drama, actually plays games, and engaged to one of the best hearthstone streamers. Does help they were leaked a LONG time ago.