Twitch.tv

gauze

Molten Core Raider
people-based NPCs are one thing. I mean as an actual playable character model.
Resident FoH gun guy wife is a codmw model that was part of a season pass. I think she primarily youtube, but also does twitch or some shit. Does that count?

Cybsled

Did she start Twitch pre or post Call of Duty, though, and get the gig as result of being a Twitch streamer? When I look at her Youtube channel, oldest video is 6 months, so it strikes me more as capitalize on the popularity vs. why she got the job.

Guy who played Connor in Detroit: Becoming Human started streaming a lot when the game became popular, but he didn't get the job because of Twitch streaming, he just tried to capitalize on the popularity.

Honestly it is smart business sense, because game popularity can be fleeting and it increases your visibility to increase odds of later success.

Szlia

Quineloe Quineloe Not exactly on the scale you meant, but there has been an event with a Super Mario World ROM hack relay race and each of the runner (who also are streamers - GrandPOObear and BarbarousKing for sure) played a 16bit version of themselves instead of Mario.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Honestly don't have the specifics, but I think the priority youtube was a joint/team/production channel which she later branded her own. The resident FoH had put videos here before of their shenanigans, nothing on my radar of interesting.. But it was apparently a big deal that a "streamer got a skin." That's my only knowledge of her stream other than seeing a clip or another. I'm sure you could ask him the specifics of how she got it and if it actually correlates. Idk his name, but I'm sure someone does if it cares to go further. Aside from that, I think a couple other skins in codmw are real people but idk about twitch streamers. I know the sunglasses guy capitalized and made a self plug video, has no interests in video games and semi jokes about starting a stream.

I remember seeing Doc making a napkin map for rogue company over his stadium, and they responded that it's happening, and maybe a statue. But I guess that's not a playable skin.

Edit; according to twitch tracker, Alex Zedra has been streaming since 2016 and her vods started hitting normal 4 digit views in 2017. Didn't care to research and stat further than that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

tl;dr new zealand woodworker dude gets a visit from prime minister of new zealand, he seems like a cool dude

i miss the days when the leaders of a country were essentially cheerleaders

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

tl;dr new zealand woodworker dude gets a visit from prime minister of new zealand, he seems like a cool dude

i miss the days when the leaders of a country were essentially cheerleaders
That woman has locked her country down and postponed elections.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Why isn't that cunt wearing a mask?

new zealand currently has less than 10 overall covid19 cases and they are forced into quarantine anytime someone tests positive so no one wears masks. If you watch any of the travel twitch streams for much of australia, new zealand, africa, and large stripes of europe and western asia no one is wearing masks and there is no social distancing, life pretty much goes on like normal. I saw a stream of a massive concert in western australia this weekend.

NZ is also considered "safe haven" for the ultra rich, GabeN (steam owner) for example has been living there since March

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Living in Australia, there have been 0 covid cases in my city in months (not the case for some other cities in AU). I do own some home made cloth masks I've never used. When out and about I do occasionally see people wearing masks, but very few. Life is pretty much normal here although we are mindful of social distancing these days.

I like Jacinda, and would definitely prefer her over our PM.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Catching up on Lirik VOD's since I work nights and never watch Live anymore. Saw this one today, lol

First thought was: what kind of shitty parent lets their kids play a game like this?
Followed by: JFC America is doomed.

• 3Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
these days whenever I go to the twitch main page the featured stream is some DJ playing music.