Twitch.tv

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seeing claims that midrolls are being dealt with properly by UBO today. Updated to latest dev build, purged, and updated filter lists and haven't seen one yet. We'll see if one pops two minutes after posting this.

edit: twitch patched again 20 minutes ago, arms war continues.
edit2: script writer posted that it is updated, purge caches + update filter lists
edit3: newest fix appears to be zero prerolls, but purple 3rd party screen is back for 30sec midrolls
edit4: hafu's stream still gives me 30sec midrolls, so streamer pushed ones don't prevent

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man am I glad I only tune in to watch the occasional tournament of random games or for games I can't play yet(and then just enough to see if I want to try it).

I'd honestly take a discount on my prime(Useful for the free shipping as I buy a lot online) to just drop the twitch part of it.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
This probably won't be helpful.. I haven't seen an ad on twitch in years. Using ublock origin, haven't updated it in years as well, only using custom filters (the only relevant one seems to be: .amazon-adsystem.), and don't have a twitch account or any of that crap. Incognito mode with auto-nuke cookies etc. And I'm from the United States of Eurolandia without Brexitlandia. So maybe that's relevant. Anyway, I go to twitch, get a privacy warning (essentially ad preferences) every time, disable "Show me personalized ads", and done. Zero ads.

Araxen

I would have taken the cash, and spend 50k of it on my community.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Hasan is going to be well over a 100k viewers tonight.

• 1Like

Malakriss

There's not even a point to watching tonight cause of the slow states who don't allow counting mail votes until polls close. Lazy assholes.

edit: twitch breaking it again this evening, we'll see how fast the fix comes out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
you know watching channels embedded here i never get ads, same thing with the twitch front page. like the guy linked above ^ no ads on embed, ads soon as i go to the twitch page.

i almost wonder if it's worth having a few posts in this thread dedicated to embeds

Xevy

Log Wizard
Welp, as of ~10 minutes ago if you use Ublock you can only view streams in 480p. That's mega stupid. They're going to get in troooubbbllleeee!

Malakriss

Good bye, twitch.

People recommend the alternate twitch player, as that is unaffected.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm running uBlock in Firefox and my shit is still 1080p60. Clicked through 5 channels doesn't matter if I'm subbed or not.

• 1WTF

Malakriss

If you run the userResources script that prevented prerolls, you get the 480p. They need to update the script basically.

the script creator updated so it basically does nothing now, until they can figure out a fix. Either swap to alternate player or purge cache and update / unset userResources until a new version is available.

Last edited:

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
If you run the userResources script that prevented prerolls, you get the 480p. They need to update the script basically.

the script creator updated so it basically does nothing now, until they can figure out a fix. Either swap to alternate player or purge cache and update / unset userResources until a new version is available.
I just purged my caches in Ublock and it let me return to 980p.

Cybsled

Lots of streamers are nuking their VODs on Twitch anyways and tossing them on Youtube because of the DCMA shit going on.

• 1Like