Twitch.tv

Cybsled

Different companies have different shit going on behind the scenes. Facebook Gaming lets any partnered streamer play a ton of copywritten music because they have deals with the music labels.

Youtube got in bed with the music industry as well. I'm sure they get a cut of that ad revenue.

RIAA is just playing hard ball because they want Twitch to capitulate and give them some nice deal as well, even though music brings virtually nothing to a stream that is actually playing a game.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I am pretty sick of watching a 15-30 second ad for Call of Duty (its not the only ad I see) just so I can spend 2 seconds figuring what movie or episode is being watched.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Display 1 is a laptop
haha that reminds me of the cops a few years back who were doing a search and seizure on a clients house and in their report they mentioned a single monitor with kbm but no sign of the computer and they gave up looking for it after a while. It was an imac.

the schematic is kinda wrong then.

Fadaar

That guy
haha that reminds me of the cops a few years back who were doing a search and seizure on a clients house and in their report they mentioned a single monitor with kbm but no sign of the computer and they gave up looking for it after a while. It was an imac.

the schematic is kinda wrong then.

Well if you follow the line all the way it goes into the 'back' of the laptop. Really no good way to draw it unless you separate display 1 from the laptop base on the schematic.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well if you follow the line all the way it goes into the 'back' of the laptop. Really no good way to draw it unless you separate display 1 from the laptop base on the schematic.
And that's exactly what you should do. Just because the display is physically attached to the computer doesn't mean you can't show it like that.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
And that's exactly what you should do. Just because the display is physically attached to the computer doesn't mean you can't show it like that.

Imagine he still uses display 1 while display 2 is for the higher refresh rate over DP for gaming

Cybsled

Summit is a pretty huge streamer. Twitch would be idiotic if they started just doing 3 strikes you're out on their money makers. I suspect they will end up changing their policy soon to something a little less draconian.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
not really twitch related but I just hate watching whole foods turn into amazon little by little. At least they havent fucked up the meat department yet

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The prime discounts can be nice (when they exist), but it def has changed. One thing that concerns me is not many Whole Foods actually have on-site full blown bakery facilities. One I visit has had one for decades, but their bakery department recently changed in terms of layout/etc and I'm concerned Amazon is going to figure it is cheaper to just do the centralized bakery shit for all locations and eliminate the last real on-site bakeries left.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Whole foods pissed off pretty much all of Canada this week by banning their employees from wearing poppies for remembrance day. (big deal here) the outrage was enough that Trudeau got involved and the government was going to open an investigation into it before whole foods reversed their stance.

Fadaar

That guy
The more streamers I like leaving and going to YouTube the better until Google goes full retard with ads like Twitch has. Which good god I hope never happens cause I watch a lot of YouTube videos.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The prime discounts can be nice (when they exist), but it def has changed. One thing that concerns me is not many Whole Foods actually have on-site full blown bakery facilities. One I visit has had one for decades, but their bakery department recently changed in terms of layout/etc and I'm concerned Amazon is going to figure it is cheaper to just do the centralized bakery shit for all locations and eliminate the last real on-site bakeries left.

One of ours has one but the other is in such a small place I don't see how you could have one. They ripped out 8-10 cashiers for low quantities for self checkout of small quantities. I will probable like this on a personal level but eliminating jobs is never a good thing overall.

Cybsled

At least at self-checkout, you dont have to tell anyone to double bag. A couple years ago I noticed they started to single bag shit, even if it was heavy, unless you specifically told them to double bag. Gee, thanks for putting a bunch of heavy liquids into a single paper bag that is going to rip on the way out of the store!

Side rant: Doesn't matter the store, but why do the most tech unsavy, slow motherfuckers ALWAYS go self-checkout? Half these morons are like the math lady meme with this shit.

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just went on Twitch today and had forgotten the infestation of ads.

So it appears I haven't even watched Twitch in at least 2 weeks. So...good job?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just went on Twitch today and had forgotten the infestation of ads.

So it appears I haven't even watched Twitch in at least 2 weeks. So...good job?
get the alternative twitch player if you're doing any watching at all. Ads can frack off.

edit: there's also user-agent mods that are getting around it now, plus the userResources script has been updated as a separate extension.