Twitch.tv

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Aaaannd... it's gone. What did I miss?
Was an Hololive video. Hololive is that thing with "vtubers", virtual streamers with anime avatars. I only skimmed through the video and it didn't look particularily special, just playing a horror-kinda game and screaming.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you use a holo anime thing, it means you look like a mess and can't take care of yourself (best case), or you're fat and ugly (the other 90%)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hololive is this strange sort of streamer management company in Japan. They have a big gaggle of streamers that work for them, but I don't know how the business model works.

They provide the 3d models and art they use, and the makers have some serious credentials so all of that can't be cheap. I think in Japan they also have some kind of office space because they will get together sometimes and have fully tracked avatars for that.

You'd expect success in Japan, where parting weebs from their money is an art long practiced, but the aforelinked was the english division, which is fairly new. I haven't really looked into it much but I think they are doing quite well based on the bits I've watched. 40k people watching that strange game + lots of donations rolling in.

Not sure why youtube nuked that vid. It was a stealth game where you are chased around a gym by oily ricardo-looking dudes angry at you stealing their protein powder.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Twitch isn't even trying now:

From a reply to that tweet

Kind of crazy if you delete your content, but still you can get your channel taken down because of things still being available, but hidden?

Is that still the streamers fault, or is it Twitch? Once a creator deletes a clip, you'd think Twitch is the liable one for still storing content and not the streamer who in good faith thought they had removed the content by doing everything they could do with the tools given by Twitch (and the only tool given is to delete it, which is also what twitch said to do to "be safe").

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Right, but that's assuming that platforms are respectable.

Twitch, and the rest of social media, are not.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's going to be funny if the RIAA sue all the major streamers because of this. RIP Twitch.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I keep getting hit with 6-7+ ads mid-stream, using an Nvidia shield though so I am unable to block them. Makes me want to harm myself.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Kind of crazy if you delete your content, but still you can get your channel taken down because of things still being available, but hidden?

Is that still the streamers fault, or is it Twitch? Once a creator deletes a clip, you'd think Twitch is the liable one for still storing content and not the streamer who in good faith thought they had removed the content by doing everything they could do with the tools given by Twitch (and the only tool given is to delete it, which is also what twitch said to do to "be safe").

IMO it's Twitch's content at that point and they should be getting DMCA'd.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

Of course its Twitches fault. That shitshow should be shut down. All it is now is russian whore cam garbage anyway.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Lots of streamers are nuking their VODs on Twitch anyways and tossing them on Youtube because of the DCMA shit going on.

Won't the same thing happen on youtube? youtube isn't exactly a friendly place when it comes to that stuff

Malakriss

Won't the same thing happen on youtube? youtube isn't exactly a friendly place when it comes to that stuff
DMCA in general sucks but youtube has a good handle on it and their system is less retarded than twitch.

Also, it's not a collective strike system, they are twitch streamers so as long as they don't get a strike on twitch who cares about youtube.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
DMCA in general sucks but youtube has a good handle on it and their system is less retarded than twitch.

Also, it's not a collective strike system, they are twitch streamers so as long as they don't get a strike on twitch who cares about youtube.

I'd bet money that what's going on with twitch getting so assrammed is a squabble amongst billionaires.

Malakriss

Lupo's stream setup for the curious

edit: for clarity, this is a mobile setup Intel is doing for him, Display 1 is an alienware laptop

lupo_stream_setup.jpg

Last edited:

Araxen

Lirik's in beta VOD site.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Different companies have different shit going on behind the scenes. Facebook Gaming lets any partnered streamer play a ton of copywritten music because they have deals with the music labels.