Twitch.tv

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
get the alternative twitch player if you're doing any watching at all. Ads can frack off.

edit: there's also user-agent mods that are getting around it now, plus the userResources script has been updated as a separate extension.
Nah, I'm good. I don't reward people trying to fuck me.

I did the ublock fix the first time. That's about all the effort I was willing to make. I'll just move on with my life.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Honestly that twitchls site performs so well I'm going to run it locally and say fuck Twitch .tv forever. Regular twitch makes my laptop fans spin up like a PS4 Pro, this one they aren't even on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Apparently, login with twitch ID, it doesn't show any ads.
There is no dark mode
spongebob squarepants eww GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, well.. You wanted twitch with no ads... You get twitch with no ads. You didn't say anything about a dark mode.

• 1Truth!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Well, it's not entirely in french. You see, the service "izi" is pronounced "easy" (with a french accent), because it's supposed to simplify your electricity installations.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Twitch still trying to break everything, alternative twitch player now getting prerolls coming through.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Twitch still trying to break everything, alternative twitch player now getting prerolls coming through.
Well, at least they are starting to try to apologize for the mass DMCA wave.

(by suggesting "check if there is somewhere in your game conditions a mention of streaming music. There must be one, right? Right?")

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's almost as if Twitch is staffed by a bunch of incompetent furries and was ignoring this problem for months/years hoping it would go away and now have absolutely no viable plan in place for their platform to function under the existing copyright laws (as shit as they might be)

I'd expect big daddy Bezos to clean house in short order

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt Bezos even knows anything about twitch other than he owns it, or he certainly played dumb enough to congress to make it believable

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Twitch blew up over the past year in terms of general popularity. It was bound to attract more scrutiny from the DMCA/RIAA bullshit.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I mean....

If they mean cyberpunk2077, CDPKR have already stated that it will be ok to play the game music on streams, it's stuff they made on their own for the game. So that's fine, but other games in general that use rented music, heh, yeah mute it I guess. Roflgator has been using a bot that detects dmca music now, and it will send him message in chat and discord whenever something is flagged, think everyone is going to have to use that.

Twitch also launched something to play free music, which probably amounts to the same garbage free stuff you get with youtube.

Also ublock origin script was changed into an extension instead. So people can try that I guess, I haven't tried it yet, stopped caring.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait for people to get slapped for playing Ghostbusters games that used a version of the Ghostbusters theme song, or other movie games.
Or people getting spanked for playing Saints Row and one of the sing-a-long scenes come up.
No more radio, one of the best parts, in single player GTA games!
All you people that play music/rhythm games are going to end up getting clipped too, eventually.
"Hey guys, have you ever heard (insert once popular band that hasn't had a song on the radio in a decade)? Check these guys out, I like their music!" NOPE INFRACTED FUCK YOU!

Or not, that is just how it seems to me. Maybe it won't get that bad.

Cybsled

If you take Twitch for their word, their recent blog post suggests the music industry is trying to get a profit sharing deal that Twitch has rejected in its current form, on the basis that for the vast majority of streamers, music is incidental vs. actually a focus (which I agree with, who the fuck watches a streamer for music alone outside of an actual musician?). They did direct all streamers to stop using recorded music on their streams, though, outside some already vetted sources.

They also indicated they went from like 50 DMCA claims a year to getting thousands a week starting in May

Last edited:

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
lol the music industry still living in denial for 20+ years.

Also, watching people play videogames rots your brain.