Twitch.tv

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The standalone extension to block ads is called TTV ad block, available on both firefox and chrome official addon sites. Twitch last broke it on the 16th and the devs fixed it in an hour.

edit: twitch trying to break it again today.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

XQC got a week ban apparently and 6 month ban from Twitch Rivals. He apparently stream snipped to figure out who Dr Lupo was and then kept f’ing with him in Fall Guys lol

Szlia

Hey I saw that live ! He did not stream snipe. There was a tie breaker and 2 people from his team grouped up with two people of Lupo's team for one game. His teammate told him when to queue up to have a chance to be in the same game and help his team mates. It's of course shady as hell, but it's mostly funny. It should also be noted that Lupo was in the tie breaker in the first place, because he had viewers queue up at the same time as him to help him and that netted him a crown in one of the games.

In any case, the rules for these Fall Guys events are almost always dumb and unfair, because the game is not designed for competitive play. I am not sure why you would punish people for getting creative as long as they did not break an explicit rule. Just adjust the rule set for the next time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The standalone extension to block ads is called TTV ad block, available on both firefox and chrome official addon sites. Twitch last broke it on the 16th and the devs fixed it in an hour.

edit: twitch trying to break it again today.

2 extensions with that name

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You're one of those posters where I can't tell if you're a chick, tranny, or just an ultra weeb...

• 5Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Always assume they are dicks, so they'll break it before Thanksgiving hoping no one will be around to update it for a few days. There's a few other working options to use as backup at least.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was watching Sacriel play squad, and he would run ads during the matchmaking stuff so twitch didn't run any during the action. Seemed to work.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
If you're going to do adds, then that's how you do it.

False.

If you are going to run random ads during content that is potentially affected, you don't take over the screen to run ads. You find another way to be a fucking shill instead of just making a better product that people want to pay for.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
We don't have a choice. We're forced to run ads, either pre-roll or during content, so if we can, we find a spot to run ads in that doesn't affect our content. Damned either way, but at least Twitch gives us some illusion of control.

Cybsled

Twitch is signing larger streamers to contracts that require them to run ads, so you're beginning to see some streamers either plan ad breaks and make sure nothing happens during them, or if the game they are playing doesn't really let them do that, then try to guess what a "boring" spot will be and run ads during them.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And then there's streamers who apparently don't give a fuck and just let the ads roll in automatically at some point? I wonder if that's sufficient to shake the top tiers of streamers up a bit, if one streamer constantly has their games ruined for the viewers with a 3 minute ad sequence because they can't be bothered to manually set a break (e.g. Hafu) will they slowly bleed viewers?