<Gold Donor>
Want to almost make me throw down $150 on blockbuster and see what shakes. 😜

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There are people that have apparently made millions. If people haven't seen news about what's going on here, it's fucking hilarious
The ones still standing when the music stops are going to be plenty hurt...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if buying 100 shares at $3 each hurts you plenty, you should stay out of any game of the sort.

• 1Worf

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
For the people that were curious about the GTA RP stuff, here is the new NoPixel 3.0 gameplay trailer. It looks to have some fun stuff to watch (or play if you can get in). Pretty cool what a unaffiliated dev-team can build (there is a LOT of new/custom stuff in that trailer from the current NoPixel 2.0 world right now). This is a modded/custom server based off the GTA single-player (not the Online version due to licensing issues), but they added a lot of custom models (characters, costumes, and cars), custom buildings (interior + exterior), mechanics, etc.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm surprised they haven't tried to hire Koil for GTA VI. The work on NoPixel is just pretty amazing.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I'm surprised they haven't tried to hire Koil for GTA VI. The work on NoPixel is just pretty amazing.
His prior job was coding/dev and he said in a stream awhile back that he makes substantially more money doing this than working a standard dev job. Most of their funding is done via Patreon and that alone pays their small dev team quite a bit from what I understand (on-top of some of them being active streamers).

I do recall hearing that Rockstar has reached out a few times, especially when the big booms happened in 2019. I believe at one point they inquired about using certain characters in future expansions/games.

I am very curious how their new NetCode is going to work since the map is now split into instanced sectors (to help with lag and FPS).

• 1Like

Araxen

His prior job was coding/dev and he said in a stream awhile back that he makes substantially more money doing this than working a standard dev job. Most of their funding is done via Patreon and that alone pays their small dev team quite a bit from what I understand (on-top of some of them being active streamers).

I do recall hearing that Rockstar has reached out a few times, especially when the big booms happened in 2019. I believe at one point they inquired about using certain characters in future expansions/games.

I am very curious how their new NetCode is going to work since the map is now split into instances sectors (to help with lag and FPS).

That would be awesome as fuck if they did a DLC with some of the bigger GTA RP characters.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
For linux people only.

Running Manjaro this is the command you run at the end.

sudo nscd -i hosts

Already been to Twitch, no ads evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
what's the tldr
The extremely short version

Wall Street Hedge funds short GameStop
Reddit trolls say fuck those guys lets all buy GameStop stock to blow their short
Hedge fund goes bankrupt to the tune of a 13.1 Billion dollar loss due to GameStop stock going from like $30 to over $300
Media says it's all Trump's fault and blame's White Supremacy
Along the way some trading app's do things like make it slower for transactions to process, or (and this ones a fucking doozey) auto sell your GameStop stock (yes, this is illegal as fuck and their are already lawsuits, and you even have people like AoC and Ted Cruz in agreement that those people should get fucked)
Trading gets stopped on just 4 stocks (their are a few other companies this is happening on like AMC)

Also insert some pretty get meme's. This TikTok made me laugh

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're supposedly down like 70b now or some shit.

The whole thing shows how fucked the whole stock trading system is though, these fucks via various "legal" loopholes managed to short 140% of the entire gamestop stocks. As in, more than even exist. They were also trying to influence people into dumping their stocks by publicly stating that GME would drop(causing it to drop). But autists decided to fuck them in the ass before they could get all their sweet schemy shit going, and now they're crying for bailout money and for regulations, even though they didn't give a shit last time they fucked up the entire economy(and they got bailed out then too). Parasitic pieces of shit.

Oh and assuming the short scheme did work properly without weaponized autists getting in their way, they probably would have bankrupted Gamestop(sooner than it would normally), resulting in ~14k+ jobs disappearing in the process. But they're trying to tell people that they're the ones actually looking out for the people and the evil nazi hackers are trying to destabilize the economy, backed by the Russians or the Chinese or whatever. All the while using various tricks like selling stock after public trading hours back and forth rapidly at descending prices to make it look like the stock is being sold so the random Joes also sell their stocks and they can try to recover, while putting pressure on public trading tools to remove access from the autists.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Hedgies tried to steal a lake and sell to Nestle for peanuts
Everyone and their brother show up and buy buckets of water from the lake
Only a small amount of water is left and firms are having interns with knives fight over it for insane bets
People smile and wave while holding their buckets cause the hedgies still owe one and a half times the lake in the next week

Everything you witnessed today and going forward is in response to such a situation.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
1612598581088.png

• 1Like