Twitch.tv

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Xithxr it will xnd in pxoplx gxting fxd up with this shit, or thx Xnglish languagx will simply rxplacx thx lxttxr "x" with thx lxttxr "x".
5E905702-C923-451F-9B9A-8A8B04CF89F6.jpeg

• 9Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 12 users

Cybsled

Streaming can be very stressful if it is your only source of income

1) Requires significant time investment to be successful in most cases, especially when you include the stuff beyond the actual stream (promoting on other platforms, etc)
2) You're basically an independent contractor. Unless you've signed with an agency that will provide you with various "employer benefits", like disability and medical, you're very vulnerable in the event something bad happens, like you get sick or injured
3) Income stream can be very fickle, so in that sense it can be more akin to a commission-only sales job. It makes it very difficult to plan for the future, since it can be very boon & bust. This can also impact your ability to secure favorable loans or mortgages. Uncertainty = stress
4) Boredom/lack of motivation/burnout: This isn't unique to streaming obviously, but it has the same stressful impact on a person. If you aren't enjoying what you are doing, but feel forced to do it because it is your income stream, that can be very stressful. This strongly impacts those streamers where their audience is basically contingent on what game they are playing and they feel forced to play it to maintain the income stream.
5) Hecklers/Trolls: At some point, the chat telling you that you suck at a game, or are doing something wrong, or should be doing something else, or just being trolls can get to you

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
5) Hecklers/Trolls: At some point, the chat telling you that you suck at a game, or are doing something wrong, or should be doing something else, or just being trolls can get to you
It wasn't til this past year I started watching Twitch and a toxic chat is the most annoying shit. It will keep me from watching that streamer. Especially if they engage their chat a lot while streaming.

spronk

FPS noob
i saw this on reddit, if you are curious what codemiko looks like IRL (she is a girl, not a guy... i was sure it was a dude lol) and she also demonstrates what her technical setup is like, its pretty fucking wild and crazy. Fast forward to 8 hours 30 minutes (WTF how the fuck does anyone stream that long) to see the setup

www.twitch.tv/videos/937897562

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i saw this on reddit, if you are curious what codemiko looks like IRL (she is a girl, not a guy... i was sure it was a dude lol) and she also demonstrates what her technical setup is like, its pretty fucking wild and crazy. Fast forward to 8 hours 30 minutes (WTF how the fuck does anyone stream that long) to see the setup

www.twitch.tv/videos/937897562

it's actually more surreal to see an actual human talk like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The codemiko shit is really cool from the level of production, she also has some very funny clips from some of her interviews but goddamn is she dumb as fuck and can only be watched in small doses.

Fadaar

That guy
The codemiko shit is really cool from the level of production, she also has some very funny clips from some of her interviews but goddamn is she dumb as fuck and can only be watched in small doses.

she's one of the few internet personalities that is as batshit/dumb as they act

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user