Twitch.tv

Cybsled

There are two possible reasons:
1) Twitch has heard rumblings and pre-emptively nuked ads to avoid larger headaches
2) Advertisers are doing the same shit credit card companies do and pulling a prude (they only stow the prude if the client is large enough)

Part of me wonders if they went after her because she has an onlyfans. Instagram has been notorious for nuking accounts of adult performers, even if they comply with site rules.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
This is getting a lot of attention. Twitch is run by idiots.

It's even getting attention from people who don't care for/want the hot tub streamers around, because The Company turning off your money without warning or explanation is why a lot of creators left YouTube, and/or began opening up alternate revenue streams with more direct sponsors/patreon/OF/etc

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
So is her channel not getting ads played at all or is she not getting any revenue from ads being played?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So is her channel not getting ads played at all or is she not getting any revenue from ads being played?
It's not super clear to me, but I would imagine they are running ads and just not giving her the money. I believe they run ads on every channel now, even people who are not partnered (only partners get ad rev), so they are just running all the ads, but not giving her her cut.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
She isn't getting the revenue. They will of course still play the fucking ads.

This is even worse. Say what you will about hot tub streamers but Twitch is benefiting on her channel and not giving her due? Thats all kinds of fucked up

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
There are two possible reasons:
1) Twitch has heard rumblings and pre-emptively nuked ads to avoid larger headaches
2) Advertisers are doing the same shit credit card companies do and pulling a prude (they only stow the prude if the client is large enough)

Part of me wonders if they went after her because she has an onlyfans. Instagram has been notorious for nuking accounts of adult performers, even if they comply with site rules.

Neither of which are ok since they did not ask her to refrain from the distasteful behavior before fucking with her income stream. I can not like THOTs and hope that Twitch recognizes the issues with them; however, restricting content creator's ability to make money while they are clearly within the bounds of Twitch's rules is something she should seek legal remedy for. This is Twitch trying to straddle the line of being a progressive company that sees nothing wrong with the female body (and all the money they make off of it) while simultaneously keeping TOS such that they can claim to be family friendly.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
This is even worse. Say what you will about hot tub streamers but Twitch is benefiting on her channel and not giving her due? Thats all kinds of fucked up

the sooner the pineapple starts the better!

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If twitch can pull the ad revenue then streamers legally have grounds to flat out say no ads disrupting their content. May take a court battle for that to be carved on stone but it's something that should have occurred prior for a number of reasons.

They no longer are just "a platform" by doing this and thus should not have service provider immunity from copyright law if they can meddle that far.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
If twitch can pull the ad revenue then streamers legally have grounds to flat out say no ads disrupting their content. May take a court battle for that to be carved on stone but it's something that should have occurred prior for a number of reasons.

I am not saying you're wrong but YouTube pulls the same bullshit so I have read. If a video gets demonetized they still play ads but the video creator gets no ad revenue.

spronk

FPS noob
some sperg on reddit figured out she gets like 80k/mo from subs, 40k/mo from ads, and even more from tips, only fans, etc.

she makes $480k/yr just from ad revenue (now gone) but she makes easily over $2m/yr from everything else, lol

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Cybsled

It’s an extreme example, but sets a bad precedent. Twitch is basically saying “for reasons, we are still going to profit off you and your new share is 0”

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're probably hoping that there won't be too much outrage since she's just a whore. I'll admit I don't really care what they do to whores, but it's a precedent that you really can't let them set cause they won't stop with whores.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

It’s part of the reason you see so many YouTube videos sponsored by X, or they have Patreon. YouTube has been slicing back as revenue shares and swinging around demonetization like a cudgel for various reasons for years

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think it's probably something they have to do or have issues with their advertisers, they're just doing it so backwards and wrong. They've handed out the straw themselves for her to create a 'there's no transparency' straw man for everyone to rally around when instead it should have been a new guideline or something about types of content not being eligible for ads and then enforcing that.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
They're probably hoping that there won't be too much outrage since she's just a whore. I'll admit I don't really care what they do to whores, but it's a precedent that you really can't let them set cause they won't stop with whores.

There is no way it doesn't get attention from other large creators, especially since they didn't say "its because youre doing your streams in hot tubs", or shadowban any other Hot Tub streamers, or even tell her when it happened, she had to notice when checking her dashboard. This just means twitch can turn off your ad rev, not tell you, for any reason AND keep monetizing you.

It's especially bad since they came out in defense of her and her streams and that they are within TOS.

Cybsled

On a side note, rumor mill is stating the reason Doc got banned was because he misrepresented offers from Mixer in order to boost what Twitch signed him for. Then when Mixer shutdown, this got exposed and why he was banned shortly thereafter

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If that's true, Doc's lawyers should take twitch to the cleaners cause that's not how you handle revoking a contract at all.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
On a side note, rumor mill is stating the reason Doc got banned was because he misrepresented offers from Mixer in order to boost what Twitch signed him for. Then when Mixer shutdown, this got exposed and why he was banned shortly thereafter

I mean, they got got.

If this was the case, I can't imagine how they aren't still having to pay out his full contract.