Twitch.tv

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
On a side note, rumor mill is stating the reason Doc got banned was because he misrepresented offers from Mixer in order to boost what Twitch signed him for. Then when Mixer shutdown, this got exposed and why he was banned shortly thereafter

This would be fucking hilarious if true because, unless his contract specifically stipulated that the Twitch offer was contingent on what Mixer offered him, he is going to ream them for breach of contract.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
contracts are null and void if they were entered on the basis of bad faith and if the mixer #s were faked/lied about then yeah, he probably doesn't have much of a legal leg to stand on

still all speculation tho, the really annoying thing twitch/facebook/google/etc all do is keep everything secret and vague instead of just being straight up honest whenever they ban someone. 90% of the problem would go away if they just kept an open public log every time someone gets banned with the exact reason why and how long. Just a public log of everything really - partners, comarketing deals, sponsership deals, everything.

Honesty and transparency are seriously, seriously lacking in these tech companies and then you find out shit like some VP was fucking someone or is a pedo and hiding information helps them hide their corruption.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
contracts are null and void if they were entered on the basis of bad faith and if the mixer #s were faked/lied about then yeah, he probably doesn't have much of a legal leg to stand on

Twitch would have to prove bad faith and unless they have a physical copy of a forged offer then they are going to have a tough time using a vague statement from Doc about the Mixer offer as bad faith.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shocker. Twitch won't let a hooker take kids lunch money all day long.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Shocker. Twitch won't let a hooker take kids lunch money all day long.

They'll let them take kids money all day long via subscriptions and donations.

They won't let them take money from corporations through ads though, we gotta protect our corporate overlords. :)

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It’s part of the reason you see so many YouTube videos sponsored by X, or they have Patreon. YouTube has been slicing back as revenue shares and swinging around demonetization like a cudgel for various reasons for years

So soon we'll have Amouranth streams sponsored by Del Monte: "You'll be amazed what you can do with our pineapples!"

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
They'll let them take kids money all day long via subscriptions and donations.

They won't let them take money from corporations through ads though, we gotta protect our corporate overlords. :)

Ads are still playing, as far as I know, so the corps are still paying and twitch is keeping all of it.

Szlia

The whole situation is unclear because people use "demonetize" for two different scenarios : 1) Ads are ran but the content creator does not get money for it. 2) Ads are not ran at all.

I think that when a youTube video gets demonetized because of copyright infringement (like using some copyrighted music), the first scenario applies. When the content is deemed "not advertisement friendly", be it on Twitch or youTube, you would think scenario 2 applies ?

No matter what, there should be at least guidelines and feedbacks to know when the "ad friendliness" line is crossed. Also, when it comes to Twitch, it makes no sense to remove the ability of a streamer to manually run ads and still have pre-rolls and random ads being ran AND have the streamer not get revenue for those. If ads are indeed being ran on Amouranth's stream, I would hope it's a miss-match / miss-communication between the policy and the tech and not something that is working as intended. But are ads really being ran ? I only see hearsay in the thread.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Scenario 2, whatever. Who really cares. Annoying for creators, but whatever.

Scenario 1, that's pretty fucked up. I feel like there has to be some liability there somewhere

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
still all speculation tho, the really annoying thing twitch/facebook/google/etc all do is keep everything secret and vague instead of just being straight up honest whenever they ban someone. 90% of the problem would go away if they just kept an open public log every time someone gets banned with the exact reason why and how long. Just a public log of everything really - partners, comarketing deals, sponsership deals, everything.

That comes with its own legal troubles as Twitter found out. When you give the reasons for banning someone who relies on a public image to make money you can be sued for defamation. The best current example is the James O'keefe lawsuit against Twitter after they gave reason for banning him, making multiple accounts to support his arguments. Last thing these tech companies want to be doing is arguing what is and isn't racism/sexism/whatever in front of a judge.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

Honesty and transparency are seriously, seriously lacking in these tech companies and then you find out shit like some VP was fucking someone or is a pedo and hiding information helps them hide their corruption.

Do you have some kind of legal precedent for this statement? Because unless there is specific language in the contract concerning the competing Mixer offer, which I very seriously doubt, then lying about competing offers to increase your payout seems to be perfectly fine since all Twitch has to do is some legwork on their side to verify.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
People lie about things all the time during contract negotiations, it's called sales.

Him lying about what mixer promised is not a valid force majeure. There's something else, and it's probably really dumb if Doc is streaming on Youtube and we haven't heard anything for nearly a year now.

• 1Like

Cybsled

They probably went through arbitration, settled, and had to sign NDAs. If he had gotten nothing out of it, I doubt he would have been quiet on the matter.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
They probably went through arbitration, settled, and had to sign NDAs. If he had gotten nothing out of it, I doubt he would have been quiet on the matter.

i do vaguely recall him saying he didnt say anything because he was dealing with it through lawyers early on, then never said anything again, so that would make sense.

However, I feel like Twitch could probably find a way to pretty easily weasel Doc out of his contract. One would assume the Exclusive Streaming contracts would require your channel to remain in good standing. As has been shown here numerous times, they can find a lot of reasons to strike your channel, and his had to be on pretty thin ice after streaming from a public restroom.

Szlia

Ads are still playing, as far as I know, so the corps are still paying and twitch is keeping all of it.
Just checked the stream and had no pre-roll also she put in her title "only ad free stream on Twitch" or something of that nature. Neither are conclusive (I can be lucky and she can be capping), but yeah...

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just checked the stream and had no pre-roll also she put in her title "only ad free stream on Twitch" or something of that nature. Neither are conclusive (I can be lucky and she can be capping), but yeah...
If she contiues to stream from a blowup tub wearing minimal clothing they will find another way to fuck her. no pun intended

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I've never watched her stream, so this may already be happening, but at this point she should just wear the stringiest bikini she can find and roll in the donations.