Twitch.tv

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Should have just named it titty streams
This name would still apply, but scrolling through the category right, it looks like about 20% fat dudes in bikinis, or in a "hot tub" themselves, and also one guy just streaming The Two Towers. Amouranth is the only one over 1k, and the guy who's beer belly is green screened does not have enough viewers, imo

edit: oh how could i forget PC gamer still going strong streaming Geralt in the tub.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LOL checked twitch for the first time in months. I've seen the talk about the hot tubs and caught this one, this is the way.

hottub.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This is what they should have done from the start. Separate category so the pearl clutchers (viewers or advertisers) can avoid it

Yet a week ago you were losing your shit like a complete retarded faggot when people suggested the idea of them moving the content to someplace appropriate.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard

Cybsled

Yet a week ago you were losing your shit like a complete retarded faggot when people suggested the idea of them moving the content to someplace appropriate.

Nice try, none of my posts are against that. The closest post on the matter was when someone said Twitch should have separate categories and I indicated they already did and also noted your recommendations are based on what streams you watched usually, so unless you were going to titty hottub streams, the platform wasn't going to be tossing them onto your recommended.

I was just pushing back against dipshits like you who think that there are thousands of 13 year olds who magically have their own credit cards, are being preyed upon by succubus in hot tubs, and said victims make up 90% of the audience of Twitch, and thus they should enact some Adultcheck system or whatever.

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
can't wait to see the move when it's constantly a top 5 category

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I don't understand why there are women on twitch.

Women can't play videogames.

This all-star female LoL team managed to lose 52-2 in a game of LoL. Their previous games were a 20-1 loss, and a 12-1 loss. After that they were removed.

1621696491741.png

1621696768093.png

If they want to stream the talents they have there are plenty of other sites for that. Bronze V pickup teams have better average scores.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner

Cybsled

This is a lie.

If you're getting them as recommended, then I suspect:

1) you have NO history at all the site can draw from and its throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks
2) you actually do watch channels in that vein, or visit them for "research", and are just lying to yourself

I just went to my screen just now and all the recommended shit are FPS games, MOBAS, MMOs, or RP stuff. Wow amazing, it is recommending channels based on content I actually watch!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Love the smug smile on the lead woman as if the boys' had better watch out cos their time is up!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If you're getting them as recommended, then I suspect:

1) you have NO history at all the site can draw from and its throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks
2) you actually do watch channels in that vein, or visit them for "research", and are just lying to yourself

I just went to my screen just now and all the recommended shit are FPS games, MOBAS, MMOs, or RP stuff. Wow amazing, it is recommending channels based on content I actually watch!

Stop being willfully ignorant. I browsed my recommended page yesterday because none of my streamers were online. For the most part it was the same games/genres as my most watch except when I got down to the Trending, most active, and most watched at that time. Guess which streams were front and center on those lists? A bevy of hot tubs and low cut top just chatting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Love the smug smile on the lead woman as if the boys' had better watch out cos their time is up!
Punko is dramatically understating just how bad they were. If you want a more in depth and entertaining summary

• 4Worf
  • 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
LOL checked twitch for the first time in months. I've seen the talk about the hot tubs and caught this one, this is the way.

View attachment 354957

Someone linked toadphd earlier in this thread and I watched a little just out of morbid curiosity. The dude gets prank-called and dogged on constantly but takes it like a champ. Damn funny.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There are no women in owl right now since Geguri got released from the dragons. I hope aspen makes it, she really seems to work hard and is good.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

This all-star female LoL team managed to lose 52-2 in a game of LoL. Their previous games were a 20-1 loss, and a 12-1 loss. After that they were removed.

View attachment 354977

View attachment 354978

If they want to stream the talents they have there are plenty of other sites for that. Bronze V pickup teams have better average scores.
52-2 and it took 30 minutes to end this? Lol.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 354977

View attachment 354978

They all look 16

Cybsled

Stop being willfully ignorant. I browsed my recommended page yesterday because none of my streamers were online. For the most part it was the same games/genres as my most watch except when I got down to the Trending, most active, and most watched at that time. Guess which streams were front and center on those lists? A bevy of hot tubs and low cut top just chatting.

Eh, where are you seeing that? If I go to main page of Twitch all I see are

The 5 highlighted channels at the top in the rolodex thing
Channels we think you'll like
Categories we think you'll like
Recommended Smaller Communities
Recommended (insert recently watched games) channels
All aboard the hype train
Clips we think you'll like

Punko is dramatically understating just how bad they were. If you want a more in depth and entertaining summary

At its core, it is the same problem that exists for professional sports. Interest in dedicated female leagues isn't as high, and thus less profitable.

Frequently, a lot of these esports orgs just try to find attractive players who are at least above average at playing and then you have predictable results, which can poison the well and makes it harder for more talented teams to develop themselves because the money isn't there.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've never used the "main page" of Twitch my bookmark is straight to the Browse directory. Only two dropdown options from there: Viewers High to Low and Recommended for you.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

The 5 highlighted channels at the top in the rolodex thing
Channels we think you'll like
Categories we think you'll like
Recommended Smaller Communities
Recommended (insert recently watched games) channels
All aboard the hype train
Clips we think you'll like
And guess what's half of that category?