Twitch.tv

spronk

FPS noob
why did shroud suddenly blow up, he was at like 40k viewers for months playing whatever but when i open twitch now hes at 120k playing valorant

Cybsled

why did shroud suddenly blow up, he was at like 40k viewers for months playing whatever but when i open twitch now hes at 120k playing valorant

He’s not playing during those numbers, he’s basically streaming a major tournament for the game and commentating on it

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No one hits peak numbers unless it's a viewing event. AKA game release, expansion/patch drop, or tournament.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
As someone said, Valorant Championship series is going on in Iceland.. its the first worlds event for the game.. right after League's MSI which also took place in Iceland.

I don't understand how people find shroud streaming the event entertaining.. his commentary is literally just oo ahh, mm ohh.. Popped in to see, and I guess he now at least has a council of people that are talking with him... but still fuucck that. Good for him, easy free paycheck I guess lol.

edit; I completely forgot.. but I think the official valorant/riot streams, you're not able to clip.. which pisses a lot of people off.. so I think thats why we are seeing a boom. Too lazy to go check. I just know team Thailand has been doing pretty alright.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Lurn more or less admitted that as well. She was getting burnt out streaming and started making massive bank from OF. Now she is buying a house.

I don't blame them. Take advantage of that gravy train while you can, get financially settled/secure, then you can nope out later.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wonder if they wanted to be streamers or just wanted to be popular like insta/tiktok influencers. Or if they liked streaming and then saw how much money they could get showing a titty for real and were like "Oh hell yeah!"

I think mostly the former, but definitely some of the latter.

• 1Seriously?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Robbaz will have the balls to fuck around with the pronoun train, and if he does, how long til he will be banned lol.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Lurn more or less admitted that as well. She was getting burnt out streaming and started making massive bank from OF. Now she is buying a house.

I don't blame them. Take advantage of that gravy train while you can, get financially settled/secure, then you can nope out later.
I don't blame them either. If I was an even remotely attractive chick, why the fuck not. Do it for a few years and never have to worry about anything for you or your kids. Especially for shit like Alinity is posting, which is nothing. Oh no they saw me naked! To set you up for life, yup sure as fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crazy, for the Valorant finals of Rekyavik he had like 330k viewers peak today, which was more than the official Valorant twitch stream. But yea, he's learned what the Dota 2 guys have learned -- you can get more viewers by getting a bunch of pros/ex-pros to comment on the game with you with real talk than the canned tv personalities just hyping stuff up. They'll straight up flame the fuck out of people -- like today the finals ended in epic fashion with Fanatic team flashing in the final game to lose in an epic fail and they just started meming EU flash kekw and shit.

During the last Dota 2 major Capitalist just had a bunch of pros/managers all on discord etc talking shit about the games/players -- hyping EU vs NA etc and had way more people watching those streams. The NA guys just talking shit about EU was hilarious, the massive amount of shit talk adds a ton of hype. To be fair outside of the region smack talk, you get a way better insight into the game than people who never played a game professionally -- getting walked through the players thoughts etc is just better than generic_caster_001 play by play that dont understand the game at a high level. Shroud and the ex-Cloud9 guys just talking about the nerves at a huge LAN, having to piss/shit etc when you're on stage and the random things you encounter is just interesting to hear.

This was the epic EU_flash

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Translation: She says "I think he needs to poop", he says "yes, poop, poop, poop. Yes. poop. poop. Dear. Yes. Poop, poop, poop." She falls in. "oh, hell, Satan."

So they wanted their dog to shit on the docks, and karma struck and made her fall in the dumbest way possible.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Wonder what this is
wutz.png