Twitch.tv

Cybsled

And guess what's half of that category?
This? Oh no, so many hot tubs!

hypetrain.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's the appropriate reaction for someone who doesn't use Dark Theme? Monster.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
What's the appropriate reaction for someone who doesn't use Dark Theme? Monster.
Maybe he's not a racist, racist!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
You guys ready for some RACE tags?!

• 1Smuggly

Cybsled

I have never seen anyone simp so hard for a shitty company.

I could give a fuck about Twitch beyond the entertainment I get from it. You’re the one being deranged about it like some spurned incel

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Frequently, a lot of these esports orgs just try to find attractive players who are at least above average at playing and then you have predictable results, which can poison the well and makes it harder for more talented teams to develop themselves because the money isn't there.

So your position is that the ugly, but talented, girl teams just don't have the funding to develop because the marginally attractive, but mediocre ability, girls have sucked up all the available money to develop girl talent?

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

Szlia

Let me get this straight. Is the argument here : Twitch is for streaming video games, so women should not stream on Twitch, because it has been established that women are not gamers by the fact an all women League of Legend pro team in Russia got destroyed by other pro teams ? Because, if it is, extraordinarily, every step of it is wrong and/or dumb.

The LoL thing was a publicity stunt made by owners that wanted out of a pro league but could not, so making any sweeping generalization based on that is silly. There are countless women gamers and most full time streamers, no matter their gender, are better than your average gamer by virtue of playing more. Streaming on Twitch is about being entertaining and there are many ways to be entertaining, not just displaying pro-level skill at a video game. Twitch made strides by focusing on video games, but at no point was it ever a video game exclusive streaming platform.

I don't even understand the core issue people seem to have. With an ever expanding viewer base, it's not like content you like is being threatened by content you don't like.

• 2Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Let me get this straight. Is the argument here : Twitch is for streaming video games, so women should not stream on Twitch, because it has been established that women are not gamers by the fact an all women League of Legend pro team in Russia got destroyed by other pro teams ? Because, if it is, extraordinarily, every step of it is wrong and/or dumb.

The LoL thing was a publicity stunt made by owners that wanted out of a pro league but could not, so making any sweeping generalization based on that is silly. There are countless women gamers and most full time streamers, no matter their gender, are better than your average gamer by virtue of playing more. Streaming on Twitch is about being entertaining and there are many ways to be entertaining, not just displaying pro-level skill at a video game. Twitch made strides by focusing on video games, but at no point was it ever a video game exclusive streaming platform.

I don't even understand the core issue people seem to have. With an ever expanding viewer base, it's not like content you like is being threatened by content you don't like.
Ah yes, seize on the brief comedic derail as if it represents the entire argument.

Cybsled

So your position is that the ugly, but talented, girl teams just don't have the funding to develop because the marginally attractive, but mediocre ability, girls have sucked up all the available money to develop girl talent?

No, my point was certain esports orgs (primarily in Asia and Europe) looking to turn a profit were creating female teams based on looks vs. talent, then people were using those as examples why female esports are bad, which has a cascade effect of impacting female centric leagues and the funding they get from sponsors/etc.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
No, my point was certain esports orgs (primarily in Asia and Europe) looking to turn a profit were creating female teams based on looks vs. talent, then people were using those as examples why female esports are bad, which has a cascade effect of impacting female centric leagues and the funding they get from sponsors/etc.

Female-centric esports are bad for the same reason (most) female-centric sports are bad, namely that they aren't, as a group, competitive with male gamers. Sure, there are some talented female gamers, but few that can stand with the best males and not anywhere near enough to fill a league. No amount of funding or exposure will ever change this fact.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Polevaulting, long jump and volleyball. The only sports women should play.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys ready for some RACE tags?!

Does it have SuperStraightWhitePower?

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot of the top streams last night were advertising Slots. Thats got to be 100x worse than the hot tub streams.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users