Twitch.tv

Needless

Toe Sucker
lol if something goes into effect on the 19th then anything prior to that shouldn't be an issue.

Leave it to twitch to make you go back 4+ years for some people to delete their shit, what a bunch of SJW clowns over there.

edit: and yes that ESL stream was garbage, facebook was only a small portion of why it was though. No mobile/console/chromecast etc was a big issue, but it was mostly the way ESL handled it all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
When ESL tried to stream their last dota 2 tournament on Facebook it was a huge clusterfuck, apparently the streaming player over there is garbage and had a bunch of issues especially with mobiles, plus the constant reminders to register an account with facebook which a lot of people didn't want to do. And it's hard to find the streams and shit from what I've heard. Anyway, the last place I'd consider a good replacement for Twitch would be Facebook, fuckers are terrible.
I know, but who has enough servers to actually run a modern streaming service ? Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Facebook. Anything made by others is going to have problems. And as much as I hate facebook for ushering in the age of social media, their tech is respectable, so if they want to be formidable player on the streaming field, it's only a matter of time until they put up a mature product.

With the amount of info collected on you through all their widgets, why the fuck would you need a account anyway ?
There's also a lesson Google had to learn the hard way - people don't want to integrate all of your product together, I don't need a grandma to know whether I'm watching Dota 2 tournament or not. If they spin it off, at least cosmetically, I'm going to have a lot fewer issues using their product.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
hah, time for Own3d to raise it's ugly head and start scamming streamers again.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reporting someone should cost you something:

#1, you should be limited to how many reports you get.
#2, if you report someone, they get reviewed and cleared, then your account should face suspension with escalating time-periods for repeat offenses.

This day and age of pussy shit needs have some consequences for being a whiny ass bitch. What ever happened to turning off the program and finding a new channel if you don't like what they do/say. This nanny-state bullshit is getting out of hand.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

#2, if you report someone, they get reviewed and cleared, then your account should face suspension with escalating time-periods for repeat offenses.

This day and age of pussy shit needs have some consequences for being a whiny ass bitch. What ever happened to turning off the program and finding a new channel if you don't like what they do/say. This nanny-state bullshit is getting out of hand.

It doesn't even matter. There will be whole communities dedicated to going through vods just to find things to report. They'll make new accounts or have a roster of old accounts to use if something like this gets implemented.

100% someone could spend a week going through top streamer vods / clips and find 100s of report-able 'offenses'. Whole thing is fucking stupid and Twitch just put itself in a situation where it's going to have to ignore a huge majority of reports while legitimate reports just got devalued to meaningless noise.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
It doesn't even matter. There will be whole communities dedicated to going through vods just to find things to report. They'll make new accounts or have a roster of old accounts to use if something like this gets implemented.

100% someone could spend a week going through top streamer vods / clips and find 100s of report-able 'offenses'. Whole thing is fucking stupid and Twitch just put itself in a situation where it's going to have to ignore a huge majority of reports while legitimate reports just got devalued to meaningless noise.

This. No way will Twitch go after the big streamers like Doc or Shroud or Summit for the shit their viewers do. Not if they want to keep that revenue anyway they won't. This is such bullshit.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This. No way will Twitch go after the big streamers like Doc or Shroud or Summit for the shit their viewers do. Not if they want to keep that revenue anyway they won't. This is such bullshit.

And nobody is going to be spending time tone policing small streamers. The guys in the middle just starting to make money are gonna get fucked the hardest in this whole thing.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's just legal maneuvering space. They can enforce it all they want, but won't for the most part. But then when there's 1000 stories about how Forsen's chat makes some 14 year old commit suicide or whatever they can just ban him citing those rules. It's more of a threat than an actual hard-and-fast rule. It's a great way to stop breeding 4chan/redditor garbage in Twitch.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
sstreamers will just go sub mode if it gets to bad. might be tough for smaller streamers, but mid range and upper streamers will be alright.

Needless

Toe Sucker
got perma'd from rat jones' channel for saying LUL 2k viewersLUL carried by trainwreckz LUL

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Background? Seems I missed some news or something

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Background? Seems I missed some news or something

Twitch released a new code of conduct. Essentially Twitch is claiming they will hold the casters/streamers responsible for the toxic shit their communities do to other streamers/casters by banning the broadcaster if they get out of line and get reported.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
And nobody is going to be spending time tone policing small streamers. The guys in the middle just starting to make money are gonna get fucked the hardest in this whole thing.

Leftist shit always destroying the middle class

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Twitch released a new code of conduct. Essentially Twitch is claiming they will hold the casters/streamers responsible for the toxic shit their communities do to other streamers/casters by banning the broadcaster if they get out of line and get reported.

So I assume twitch is doing this from lawsuits against them and now protecting themselves?

Lets say Lirik said 'x' stream sucks, don't tell me 'x" isn't gonna get trolled to hell and back.

Might be to kill IRL as well.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I imagine this is being blown out of proportion.

On the one hand, Twitch has to do something to prevent toxic behavior from ruining their business. Assholes acting like assholes is a problem across the internet, but unfortunately it often seems assholes are over-represented among the gamer demographic. It's entirely expected that Twitch would try to take action to protect themselves and their non-asshole user base.

But I doubt they're going to come out guns blazing and start banning streamers left and right because some random troll is trying to get them into trouble. I'm guessing that as long as your intention as a streamer isn't to be the welcoming spot for edgelords and trolls and you make a minimal effort to let it be known that people are expected to behave themselves in your chat, you should be fine. That's just my speculation, though. Maybe they'll surprise me.

Last edited:
  • 4Barf
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users