Twitch.tv

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I rarely have problems with YouTube live unless I leave something paused for a long time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've tried the alternatives to Twitch (not like my 35 followers has me 'established' on Twitch anyways) but it's amazing with all the money involved how Youtube is basically the only option and not even a great one. gaming.youtube.com should be an amazing portal at this point instead of launching and then going backwards. Even failing to meet expectations that site should still be leveraging Stadia, partnering with other game marketplaces, the play store, etc and be the home of gaming on the internet. It's incomprehensible how disjointed their efforts are because all it would take is a modicum of fucking effort.

There's Facebook but it limits you to 720p until you have 100+ followers, which I'm sure friends and family could get me there, but makes me not even want to try because I'm not doing the content creation thing, I just want to be able to share with friends, make clips, etc. without having to do it all locally (and in real time is nice).

For example I can even stream or upload videos in 32:9 on Youtube:

But ultimately I just want to be able to make it easier to remind my buddy Ryan he's bad. Youtube is finally adding clips, but still not widely available:

I wonder if/when Valve will get involved in this stuff more. They've got their shitty pretend-live streams on games but I wonder if they've considered any partnerships to pipe in 'people playing this now' from one of the streaming services. Stick it right above the reviews.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
twitch is amazing for live and absolute shit for streamed (VOD). one simple example is that you cannot rewind a live stream on twitch, you have to wait for the VOD (which will get deleted by many streamers). Youtube is amazing for letting you pause, rewind, etc a live stream.

youtube is amazing for past content (search, suggestion algorithm) and absolute shit for live. i don't think most people even know youtube has live content.

its weird
Yeah I tried watching some of the FF14 vs WoW war on Twitch and it was aids seeing 8 hour livestreams and having to navigate them. It's easier to wait a day for YouTube clips.

Twitch need to get into shorter video hosting like YouTube and have user tools to split and edit those giant streams easily.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doc is very happy.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
lol i realized also today was the twitch boycott (by a bunch of nobodies) day, which has been completely eclipsed by this news that tim is moving to youtube.

if sodapoppin and lirik also move, it would be a literal end of an era

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
Tim and Doc can play together again! Pog

No shit this is the best thing to come from any of this, Doc can actually play with some of his friends again. Only ever saw him play with Lupo like once, but Tim he used to all the time. The banter was always A+ too.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
lol i realized also today was the twitch boycott (by a bunch of nobodies) day, which has been completely eclipsed by this news that tim is moving to youtube.

if sodapoppin and lirik also move, it would be a literal end of an era

Wasn't it some faggot awareness for cross dressing losers getting bullied or something? Hopefully the lack of anyone giving a shit teaches them they and their cause don't matter.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
if youtube is serious and fixes their game streams specific UI vs just having it lumped in with "live", twitch should be very nervous

amazon gave those cucks way too much autonomy to fuck up their ecosystem

sounds like doc is going to take them for millions because of their pettiness as well, awesome

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Arcadum response:

Never heard of the guy, but he looks and sounds like he could be the poster boy for Gaad Saad's "sneaky fucker" theory.

Arcadum.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting argument by Devin Nash: Youtube doesn't want a browsable directory of gaming streams, because it fosters a "winner takes all" when viewers flock to the top streams only. They maybe want to fix it with search/recommendation technology.

Pro: It's a real problem Twitch hasn't solved yet.

Con: Youtube can push any content creator Youtube wants inorganically onto their users. So instead of "winner takes all" we get "crowned by Youtube".

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Whatever happened with Doc ( Did we EVER find out what happened other than Doc is based and not a fag? ), Twitch thought they could isolate him and bring his fall.
He survived that and now with his bud( s) able to play, will build back better. Sorry Joe, you tried.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I spend more time clicking "don't recommend channel" and "not interested" than I do watching things lately. It's fucking annoying

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did this Arcadum guy just accuse all of his accusers of being mad he cut them off because his wife found out? That's how I read it.

• 2Worf

spronk

FPS noob
Whatever happened with Doc ( Did we EVER find out what happened other than Doc is based and not a fag? ), Twitch thought they could isolate him and bring his fall.
He survived that and now with his bud( s) able to play, will build back better. Sorry Joe, you tried.

he's filing a lawsuit against twitch but i don't think any of the details have been revealed, usually the records are unknown to the public until the trial period (to give time for the groups to settle out of court first).

I'd guess Amazon just pays doc off at some point rather than go to trial, since he could dredge up a lot of shit into the public record they would want to keep private like financials, etc.

it is a crazy time right now, like hot sports team where there's only like 1000 or so streamers who are "big" and the 2 platforms are deciding who to strategically poach and how much its worth. Its crazy timing wise, since many have 2-5 year exclusive contracts signed already. I remember Goliathan or something was a HUGE destiny streamer like 2 years ago, then facebook paid him like $1-2m to go stream exclusively on them. He probably could have cut a $5m+ deal today if he had just waited.

Timing is everything I guess.

• 1Like