Twitch.tv

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I mean I would rather have genuine customer energy and movement advertising streamers rather than the whims of anti-american SJW twitch admins.

98% of money twitch receives from boosting will be from zero viewer streamers like xevy, breaking their bank to boost themselves thinking they'll be the next big streamer and strike it rich

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

spronk

FPS noob
so if you never enter twitch from the front page, it won't do shit?

i have www.twitch.tv/directory bookmarked and thats my "twitch page"

my twitch viewing habits have really shrunk in the past six months, due to the shitty ads playing the second you enter a new stream i rarely just browse anymore. No point, anyone I click on will be blasted with 2-3 minutes of nothing (i use Enhance Twitch extension which just silences ads but you see nothing while it "plays") so I almost never just channel hop. There's so much backlog on youtube now its far easier to jump in there and see a lets play of a game I am vaguely interested in than deal with twitch ads.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
98% of money twitch receives from boosting will be from zero viewer streamers like xevy, breaking their bank to boost themselves thinking they'll be the next big streamer and strike it rich

You are a hell of a salesman, at first I thought holy shit that sounds retarded as fuck, but now it just seems to be hilarious and I can't wait for people to go bankrupt trying to make it big streaming.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

my twitch viewing habits have really shrunk in the past six months, due to the shitty ads playing the second you enter a new stream i rarely just browse anymore. No point, anyone I click on will be blasted with 2-3 minutes of nothing (i use Enhance Twitch extension which just silences ads but you see nothing while it "plays") so I almost never just channel hop. There's so much backlog on youtube now its far easier to jump in there and see a lets play of a game I am vaguely interested in than deal with twitch ads.
I've also been watching a lot less lately, thought not due to anything Twitch has done really. More just lack of people streaming things that interest me. I've more just been watching shit on youtube, which seems strange, as I was never really a youtube watcher. That said, I still generally have Twitch just opening to ChocoTaco.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You are a hell of a salesman, at first I thought holy shit that sounds retarded as fuck, but now it just seems to be hilarious and I can't wait for people to go bankrupt trying to make it big streaming.
This is pretty much for sure what happens. People with more money than sense trying to push themselves or a small streamer they like in hopes of getting them something that isn't going to happen.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah I dipped my toes in twitch and it's hard to rewatch anything without minutes of ads before you even figure out if it's something you want to see. It's AIDS. Should get a few mins on the platform before seeing ads.

Cybsled

Boosting is going to be people boosting themselves, or ultra simps trying to gain the favor of whatever streamer they are simping for

Or maybe companies just flat out paying during sponsored streams to get more visibility - which already happens now

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Boosting is going to be people boosting themselves, or ultra simps trying to gain the favor of whatever streamer they are simping for

Or maybe companies just flat out paying during sponsored streams to get more visibility - which already happens now

The fact that the viewers pay for it and the streamer gets 0 dollars of it seems wild to me.

Twitch: "We cracked down on view botting so that we could basically sell view botting"

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
People are in a sense already doing this, with simps going on a big stream, donating tons of money for the big streamer to do a raid on an unknown thot stream.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've noticed a drop in the number of viewers for the channels I follow. Something like a 30-40% drop for many.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They seem to be going ape shit with pre-roll ads recently, and just ads in general which leads me to just closing the site altogether.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah even my pi-hole and plethora of blockers still slip in ads from time to time now or people are doing them in broadcast (watching stuff like tournaments) which no blocker going to touch.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Regarding ads, I've been using this for the last month along with ublock and haven't gotten an ad. The extension will say "block ads" in the top left of the twitch player when it's working:

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I use Twitch Turbo. Was getting sick of the ads and it nearly blocks all adds on browser and mobile. Only seen ads with the NFL games they had on Twitch last year.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
What. The. Fuck. Is Twitch trying to kill itself off?

Anyone seen this "Your free preview of this channel has ended" bullshit? (not my image)

nkspw4gj2tr71.jpg

Oh and apparently there was leak and they are advising you to change your password.

edits: links and shit and other shit... and some other shit.

• 2WTF
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
1633518438902.png
1633518546486.png
1633518564008.png
1633518578161.png
1633518594253.png

Imagine clearing a million a month to be a dick basically on webcams. Best job ever. Sad thing I only follow 4 of these. Lyric, Summit, Kitboga and CDN3rd

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 375829
Imagine clearing a million a month to be a dick basically on webcams. Best job ever.
HasanAbi is an "advocate for communism" (to quote him) and makes over 200k a MONTH and that list is just direct payments from Twitch and does not include donations and sponsors. Fuck I hate that piece of shit as much as I hate Environmentalists who live in cities like Toronto, New York, or LA.

Last edited:
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Oldbased

> Than U
1633518824803.png

Trainwreck gets a million a month just to promote gambling. Not even counting his subs/donos and shit.
WTF
Between the whores, Twitch being woke shit and streamers mostly raping assholes, I am shocked it took this long for someone to finally dump shit.
No site/corp is safe. I got Windows 11 and MS was pushing for me to upload my photos from all devices/sticks/drives to OneDrive. No chance in fucking hell lol.

This was due to "toxic community" specifically hate raids? I keep hearing that term used on Twitch. How can any raid be a negative for a streamer is what I don't get?
If you got 500 viewers and someone dumps 10,000 people toxic into your channel, you'll end up with more viewers, ad money and probably some followers. I've never seen raids that stick around more than 30 minutes anyways.

Twitch being hacked and dumped( more dumps to come ) and we STILL DON'T KNOW WHY DRDISRESPECT WAS KICKED

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
HasanAbi is an "advocate for communism" (to quote him) and makes over 200k a MONTH and that list is just direct payments from Twitch and does include donations and sponsors. Fuck I hate that piece of shit as much as I hate Environmentalists who live in cities like Toronto, New York, or LA.
1633520064131.jpeg

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users