Twitch.tv

spronk

FPS noob
poker, sports betting and fantasy betting are still allowed which is weird but ok

you walk into any 7-11 and people are buying scratchers, every TV show is sponsored by fan duel and other sports betting sites, gambling is plastered EVERYWHERE in the US now but i guess every little bit helps. games are just loot box microtransaction hells now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
yeah but all the scummy sites streamers use are based in Caribbean loophole shitholes, not real countries

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
poker, sports betting and fantasy betting are still allowed which is weird but ok

you walk into any 7-11 and people are buying scratchers, every TV show is sponsored by fan duel and other sports betting sites, gambling is plastered EVERYWHERE in the US now but i guess every little bit helps. games are just loot box microtransaction hells now.

Make no mistake Twitch couldn't give a bag of pickled pig dicks, they are a group of morally bankrupt faggots. They are probably getting some legal pressure for advertising gambling to children. Probably getting ahead of it before Uncle Sam rams a giant dick up their shithole.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This Twitch drama is so uninteresting, like some of the tameset shit imaginable being blown up with fake outrage. No victims in sight, just scumbags jostling for position. Humanity was a mistake.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I'm going to laugh so hard if congress classifies loot boxes are some form of gambling and not only regulates the shit out of them, but also forces twitch to prohibit them on streams based on their new gambling rules.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob

EuOAlQHWQAIIHt8.png

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Seems smart, all the big players took a swing at the live streaming market and failed (or is failing) miserably, even after throwing infinite money at it. Funny because all youtube would have to do is get some monkey to make a separate web UI for it's live streaming and it would do 1000% better, but they want to keep it tucked deep within their bowels for some reason. They wanna chase the tiktok format I guess.

• 3Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems smart, all the big players took a swing at the live streaming market and failed (or is failing) miserably, even after throwing infinite money at it. Funny because all youtube would have to do is get some monkey to make a separate web UI for it's live streaming and it would do 1000% better, but they want to keep it tucked deep within their bowels for some reason. They wanna chase the tiktok format I guess.
I'd assume Youtube is doing fine. Not as well as Twitch obviously, but since they're likely piggybacking off their already existing infrastructure their costs are likely not as high as services that try to build up streaming from nothing, and they likely make enough money out of superchats system to sustain it/expand it slowly. There's a ton of "vtubers" on Youtube that generate stupid amounts of money since it's basically weeb+parasocial combo, the big vtuber women have more viewers than most twitch streamers(hitting the 10-20k ranges, I think Gura hits 30+k sometimes and spiked close to 100k during concerts?). This combines to the usual youtube stuff where they also publish videos and get a lot of views on these(which Twitch streamers also do, but that just means Youtube gets money from that).

They're not gonna crush Twitch or anything, but it's likely very lucrative for them.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I'd assume Youtube is doing fine. Not as well as Twitch obviously, but since they're likely piggybacking off their already existing infrastructure their costs are likely not as high as services that try to build up streaming from nothing, and they likely make enough money out of superchats system to sustain it/expand it slowly. There's a ton of "vtubers" on Youtube that generate stupid amounts of money since it's basically weeb+parasocial combo, the big vtuber women have more viewers than most twitch streamers(hitting the 10-20k ranges, I think Gura hits 30+k sometimes and spiked close to 100k during concerts?). This combines to the usual youtube stuff where they also publish videos and get a lot of views on these(which Twitch streamers also do, but that just means Youtube gets money from that).

They're not gonna crush Twitch or anything, but it's likely very lucrative for them.
Here is a guy that does some amazing live shows on youtube and here is a snippet:

I can't imagine anyone streaming actively on youtube, right now, that didn't get some kind of exclusive deal like ludwig.
Twitch are just flexing their power right now. Bold strategy, lets see how it plays out.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Here is a guy that does some amazing live shows on youtube and here is a snippet:

I can't imagine anyone streaming actively on youtube, right now, that didn't get some kind of exclusive deal like ludwig.
Twitch are just flexing their power right now. Bold strategy, lets see how it plays out.
I hope this is all the start of a streamer "crash". Now that people are back to work and don't have any money, hopefully most of these dudes just absolutely tank, same with the platforms themselves.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I hope this is all the start of a streamer "crash". Now that people are back to work and don't have any money, hopefully most of these dudes just absolutely tank, same with the platforms themselves.
It just grew into this weird thing somehow?
I always thought it had a lot of potential. And many will still survive. Maybe we are just experiencing a culling at the top from people that rose there by mere happenstance and now there will be room for others, more talented to rise to prominence. I hope.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its not much different than network television really, some shows get cancelled and replaced by others.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Its not much different than network television really, some shows get cancelled and replaced by others.
Its going to end up like that in time, yeah.
We are living in this weird world atm where its not yet settled.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
It just grew into this weird thing somehow?
I always thought it had a lot of potential. And many will still survive. Maybe we are just experiencing a culling at the top from people that rose there by mere happenstance and now there will be room for others, more talented to rise to prominence. I hope.
I think this is more accurate. I'm guessing its gonna be a new "meta" or whatever the fuck. Essentially all the people who were in the top 5-10 years ago.. are still technically in the "top" they just have a quarter of the views of the .3%.. but are still in the actual 1%.