Twitch.tv

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone come across a working adblock recently? Everything that exists has been beaten far as I can tell and twitch is entirely unusable without one

pay for turbo and assuming you have unlimited internet leave a 1080p stream open 24/7 on someone like asmogold with no subbing and become a net loss for the company

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The issue most blockers have is twitch uses multiple different ad delivery types. For example, midrolls have manually activated ones by the streamer, there's auto scheduled ones X times an hour, and then there's contract promos on bigger streamers that get triggered. So coding-wise they all have to be identified and handled specifically and the individual streamer ones are the most likely to get through.

TTV LOL has done a great job on the midroll blocking, but again during prime times you might get the purple screen prerolls that require refreshing twice or thrice. Also, chrome sucks you're better off trying something in Firefox.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It isn’t a secret: they want to get people to switch to a vegan diet or “healthier” diet, so they try to replicate non-vegan foods in an effort to get people to eat that way. So through this you get all sorts of stuff like fake meat or plant cheese or whatever.

More often than not, meat/dairy eaters might be more enticed by the idea of it being healthy. So marketing

“hey this burger is made of plant stuff, it must be healthier than hamburgers from beef”. But that is the trick. While it is made of plants, they add so much fat and salt and ultra process it that they can end up being much less healthy than just a regular hamburger. Not just from a nutrition angle, but there are also concerns related to gut flora. Not that beef is amazing for gut flora, but the ultra processed shit is worse. Sort of like how bitter got vilified and it ended up being “healthier” than the trans fat margarines sold for decades when you compared the two.

I 100% don’t mind vegan food if it is tasty and “normal”. I also don’t mind stuff like oat milk. But fuck all this “try our vegan pizza with cashew cheese and soy pepperoni and pea protein sausage” stuff lol
Hamburgers are plenty health. It’s the excessive carbs from the fries and the drink that get you. Otherwise it’s just protein and fat with a salad on a bun.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The issue most blockers have is twitch uses multiple different ad delivery types. For example, midrolls have manually activated ones by the streamer, there's auto scheduled ones X times an hour, and then there's contract promos on bigger streamers that get triggered. So coding-wise they all have to be identified and handled specifically and the individual streamer ones are the most likely to get through.

TTV LOL has done a great job on the midroll blocking, but again during prime times you might get the purple screen prerolls that require refreshing twice or thrice. Also, chrome sucks you're better off trying something in Firefox.

TTL LOL Pro v2 w/ Firefox Developer Edition works flawlessly for me, v1 is pretty much useless now if you aren't on v2

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
As someone that doesn't give a fuck about any particular streamer, fuck Twitch and their ridiculous ads.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
damn twitch must be super popular in south america and shit, some dude is doing a live boxing thing in madrid and his channel currently has 1.4 million fucking viewers

1688224745311.png

i know that guy does shit with real football (euro) stars and shit but thats just nuts, probably hit 2m viewers within an hour too. i don't think i've EVER seen an English stream that big

reverse Spanish conquistadors in the 21st century?

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
damn twitch must be super popular in south america and shit, some dude is doing a live boxing thing in madrid and his channel currently has 1.4 million fucking viewers

View attachment 480645

i know that guy does shit with real football (euro) stars and shit but thats just nuts, probably hit 2m viewers within an hour too. i don't think i've EVER seen an English stream that big

reverse Spanish conquistadors in the 21st century?

Twitch is super popular in Spain. Ibai is Spanish and this event is in Spain. It is at 2.5 million now and I keep getting kicked out of the stream, Twitch cant handle it every well.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Twitch is super popular in Spain. Ibai is Spanish and this event is in Spain. It is at 2.5 million now and I keep getting kicked out of the stream, Twitch cant handle it every well.
What do you mean you keep getting knocked out?

like all of a sudden twitch acts like the channel you are watching ceases to exist for a few seconds until you reload?

that’s been happening to me all day on MST3K but I assumed it was just the ps5 app being shitty as usual.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
What do you mean you keep getting knocked out?

like all of a sudden twitch acts like the channel you are watching ceases to exist for a few seconds until you reload?

that’s been happening to me all day on MST3K but I assumed it was just the ps5 app being shitty as usual.

Yeah it keeps doing that on this stream. Never seen it happen before.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
jesus christ up to 3.2m viewers, thats insanity. spain only has 47m people too, i just assume the viewers are mostly from south america since thats the only other big spanish bloc

you are probably getting kicked due to ad stuff, even with TT LOL pro twitch bugs out and just stops

Brikker

Trump's Staff
jesus christ up to 3.2m viewers, thats insanity. spain only has 47m people too, i just assume the viewers are mostly from south america since thats the only other big spanish bloc

you are probably getting kicked due to ad stuff, even with TT LOL pro twitch bugs out and just stops

Pretty sure there are more native Spanish speakers in the US than most South American countries.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This dude is gonna get fucked if he doesn't quit being an asshole. Fucking with people in Japan is one thing, doing it in Thailand is another.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
This dude is gonna get fucked if he doesn't quit being an asshole. Fucking with people in Japan is one thing, doing it in Thailand is another.

Hopefully someone just ends this dumb fuck. Nothing of value would be lost.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users