Twitch.tv

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, I feel like streaming has turned into this whole character and drama driven thing these days. It should be about the games and somewhat about their personality, but fuck the IRL channel and all the titty streamers for clogging this shit up. Even people like Dr. Disrespect are getting to be too much. I want to watch someone play the game, not act like a douchebag in a fake mustache and wig.

There are 100s/1000s of GOOD players that stream, but do not get as much of an audience because they have no shtick or just a very bland personality in general. You do have the choice to watch those streams still, they are there... But don't be surprised that players that interact with their audience and provide a "show" have many more viewers.

People think they want to watch just gameplay, in reality people want to INTERACT while also watching good gameplay.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yes and no, I follow a few streamers on twitch and I don't think I have used twitch chat at all. In fact some streamers like Hafu and Kripp I watch for their knowledge of hearthstone, in fact I probably watch that game more than I play it.

Twitch chat for the most part has always been fucking aids level retards.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yes and no, I follow a few streamers on twitch and I don't think I have used twitch chat at all. In fact some streamers like Hafu and Kripp I watch for their knowledge of hearthstone, in fact I probably watch that game more than I play it.

Twitch chat for the most part has always been fucking aids level retards.

I don't do twitch chat either, but there's a big difference between an engaging streamer and someone that just plays games. Even if not participating in chat, you can feel more engaged when they are talking to chat.

For fortnite I like sypherpk he is very good and consistently does educational commentary ( goes into a game with intentions to explain everything he's doing/ thinking)

Ladro

Anomaly
There are 100s/1000s of GOOD players that stream, but do not get as much of an audience because they have no shtick or just a very bland personality in general. You do have the choice to watch those streams still, they are there... But don't be surprised that players that interact with their audience and provide a "show" have many more viewers.

People think they want to watch just gameplay, in reality people want to INTERACT while also watching good gameplay.

This is a completely fair and valid point. I do try to watch streamers that aren't as popular or that focus more on the game then chat, but those feel very far and few between. Most streamers seem to be at either end of a spectrum between "pro" streamer with or working on gaining follower counts/revenue and those that are just starting out and don't have all or most of the right gear to provide some production value.

The IRL channel is fine but the titty streamers and Just Dance in a bikini or booty shorts need to go.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This is a completely fair and valid point. I do try to watch streamers that aren't as popular or that focus more on the game then chat, but those feel very far and few between. Most streamers seem to be at either end of a spectrum between "pro" streamer with or working on gaining follower counts/revenue and those that are just starting out and don't have all or most of the right gear to provide some production value.

The IRL channel is fine but the titty streamers and Just Dance in a bikini or booty shorts need to go.

They have been regulating them forever now and to be honest, it is about as good as it is going to get without going too far. Just don't watch them or mention their exsistence. Nothing much else you can do about it.

Twitch could be a major player in online content streaming if it wanted to, and I don't just mean streamers and broadcasters.

The Dr. Who and Rifftrax channels show, to me anyways, there is demand for being able to socialize with others while watching content. And it's fun.

Twitch should get more of that kind of thing going in addition to pushing more game related and non-tiddy related content.

just my opinion though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Twitch is still growing out of being a startup company and most of the admins are orbiters around the big titty streamers still and don't want to give up all their years and thousands of dollars of investing in their waifu.

Overlord Bezos will flush it all out eventually but it'll take time as most of these beta fucks have been there since the beginning.

Cybsled

Even if he didn't, he scored big. Lots of former Youtubers are abandoning the platform for Twitch, but unlike Youtube, Twitch is better designed for steadier income due to subscriptions in addition to the ad revenue.

But honestly who cares about the titty streamers? People get their virtual waifus there or otherwise they would go on snapchat or whatever the fuck those people normally go.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They have been regulating them forever now and to be honest, it is about as good as it is going to get without going too far. Just don't watch them or mention their exsistence. Nothing much else you can do about it.

Twitch could be a major player in online content streaming if it wanted to, and I don't just mean streamers and broadcasters.

The Dr. Who and Rifftrax channels show, to me anyways, there is demand for being able to socialize with others while watching content. And it's fun.

Twitch should get more of that kind of thing going in addition to pushing more game related and non-tiddy related content.

just my opinion though.
They haven't been regulating shit. They keep making rules and then ignoring them when a titty streamer breaks them, especially popular ones. Oh you "accidentally" showed a tit when doing some entertainment squats for your viewers? It's ok, have a 1hour suspension. Guy streams shirtless? SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN AND BAN THEM.

If they did apply their rules properly sure it'd be regulated to a decent extent, but they really don't. Ultimately, I don't care all that much, but it's hilarious when Twitch tries to pretend they are some sort of moral paragons when a lot of their admins are just suckers for the cam whores and won't dare do shit, but if a random neckbeard toes the line a bit too close, you can be sure his shit gets shut down right away because oh no we can't have that shit on our platform.

And while they could have a cam whore separate section/site, that'd be admitting that they have cam whores on Twitch. But they're content pretending that all their female streamers are totally legit streamers. No camwhores, no titty streamers, just mentionning titty streamers as such can get you banned for hate speech or whatever, unless you're a big enough streamer.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
They haven't been regulating shit. They keep making rules and then ignoring them when a titty streamer breaks them, especially popular ones. Oh you "accidentally" showed a tit when doing some entertainment squats for your viewers? It's ok, have a 1hour suspension. Guy streams shirtless? SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN AND BAN THEM.

If they did apply their rules properly sure it'd be regulated to a decent extent, but they really don't. Ultimately, I don't care all that much, but it's hilarious when Twitch tries to pretend they are some sort of moral paragons when a lot of their admins are just suckers for the cam whores and won't dare do shit, but if a random neckbeard toes the line a bit too close, you can be sure his shit gets shut down right away because oh no we can't have that shit on our platform.

And while they could have a cam whore separate section/site, that'd be admitting that they have cam whores on Twitch. But they're content pretending that all their female streamers are totally legit streamers. No camwhores, no titty streamers, just mentionning titty streamers as such can get you banned for hate speech or whatever, unless you're a big enough streamer.

Fair enough, I figured the must have been doing a good job because I rarely see tiddy streamers. I see some, one or two in the top ten that are rocking cleavage and playing some lazy game while talking to chat. Have to sift deep into the single digit viewer count streamer to find more egregious examples.

However, it could just be the time of day I look, the game/whatever, or the fact that I don’t actually care about it that much. That’s just me though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fair enough, I figured the must have been doing a good job because I rarely see tiddy streamers. I see some, one or two in the top ten that are rocking cleavage and playing some lazy game while talking to chat. Have to sift deep into the single digit viewer count streamer to find more egregious examples.

However, it could just be the time of day I look, the game/whatever, or the fact that I don’t actually care about it that much. That’s just me though.
Oh not saying they're super visible, they tend to have pretty shitty numbers often so they're at the bottom, and as I said I don't mind them much since I just don't watch them.

It's just whenever there's some streamer drama, it's pretty often some bullshit rule that gets pulled out of the book that you can find several examples of from the more popular titty streamers that weren't applied properly for them. And it just shows how different the rules are if you're a titty streamer and if you're a white neckbeard. It's just kinda fucked up in that regard. Past that I don't care if there's titty streamers or if they're mixed with other streamers, let them fleece the idiots that's fine, just wish they weren't above the rules that were added specifically in response to people complaining about titty streamers, since that kinda ruins the point.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Seeing the people on BART wearing purple twitch shirts, it's completely understandable how the tits get a free pass.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I interact with the aids chat, but that's not because I'm dying to be noticed, it's because the streamer typically is dying to notice me. There are bad examples of this, like take BadBunny on twitch. She likes to argue with people on her channel, simply to argue. Over there, sticking your head up is inviting it to get blown off. Watch her for maybe two hours, and for maybe the first hour you'll like her. After that, you'll despise her, especially if you interact with chat. I mean, she's got a decent head on her shoulders, but she's wayyyyyy too combative.

Ladro

Anomaly
I interact with the aids chat, but that's not because I'm dying to be noticed, it's because the streamer typically is dying to notice me. There are bad examples of this, like take BadBunny on twitch. She likes to argue with people on her channel, simply to argue. Over there, sticking your head up is inviting it to get blown off. Watch her for maybe two hours, and for maybe the first hour you'll like her. After that, you'll despise her, especially if you interact with chat. I mean, she's got a decent head on her shoulders, but she's wayyyyyy too combative.

That's kind of her schtick though isn't it? Berate the idiots and call out the guys that think they have a chance with her. I've watched her a few times and while it can be funny, you are definitely right that she's overly combative. She definitely plays up the dumb girl gamer/streamer act to the benefit of that goal.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Shit i missed TWO eloise cleaning streams
It's the best way to get motivated to clean my apartment omg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don’t get it. How is this different than tv? If you don’t like the show, don’t watch it. Why spend the energy bemoaning the attention whores and gimmick streams?

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don’t get it. How is this different than tv? If you don’t like the show, don’t watch it. Why spend the energy bemoaning the attention whores and gimmick streams?

Because some people can't seem to live in a world without hyperbole.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah people whine about titty streamers too much, if you ever sort by view count i don't think titty streamers EVER make top 10, probably not even top 20. Ninja, dr disrespect, shroud, lirik, etc are the big dogs and i don't think any girl has ever hit their kind of numbers.

if i had nice tits and didn't have to take random dick to live a cozy life i'd be a titty streamer too. thats what real feminism and equality is, taking advantage of retards in a fair and equal fashion. the real injustice is that there are not enough chicks and gay men out there who will pay beer belly streamers to talk shit about movies, sports, and ugly women. the inequities of society has denied me my dreams.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users