Twitch.tv

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I watched a bit of a vod to see what the fuss was about. few minutes in she thanks someone for a sub, then ticks, and says "and your great cock" then is like "oh on not really twitch please no ban"

pretty funny stuff and good for her either way, if she's faking it she's pretty pro, don't think i'll ever really watch though, maybe just hit it up to check for funny clips now and again

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Decently attractive girl with a standout gimmick... yep, she's going to go far.

I feel bad for all the sub-100 slobs just grinding it out hoping the hard work will pay off and they'll manage to make a living one day. I watch several of them that have been at it for years and will be lucky to have 200 concurrent viewers in a few more years. Hard workers and dedicated to it, but they'll never make much out of Twitch. Shit's a pipe dream

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've seen a few 300-400ers that spike up to 2000-4000 when they do new games or new patches as long as they're early access or the bleeding edge of progression. But those are viewers watching for a specific content so it's a temporary boost for any subs/bits but still important to their livelihood.

Definitely seen some "Hey WR pace by one of the top runners over at ___" spike viewers as well, but then any payoff is contingent upon succeeding and getting 15 seconds of internet fame.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Decently attractive girl with a standout gimmick... yep, she's going to go far.

I feel bad for all the sub-100 slobs just grinding it out hoping the hard work will pay off and they'll manage to make a living one day. I watch several of them that have been at it for years and will be lucky to have 200 concurrent viewers in a few more years. Hard workers and dedicated to it, but they'll never make much out of Twitch. Shit's a pipe dream

ya I got like 8 people I follow that are sub 300 and very rarely go higher, grinding it out every day, and they are technically great streamers, but will never go anywhere. you need to roll in as a game with top .1% of skill (usually former pros) or have a good gimmick.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, that's the thing. You can get lucky but that luck only lasts as long as the new viewer's attention spans. They'll pretty much all migrate to the next thing for a small handful that really like your specific personality/games.

I still think it's perfectly fine for those that recognize it for what it is and approach it as a hobby, but the ones that fool themselves about it are little different than mediocre basketball players betting that they'll get into the NBA. We're going to see a lot of kids get smacked in the face with reality when they fail miserably at being the next Ninja

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
ya I got like 8 people I follow that are sub 300 and very rarely go higher, grinding it out every day, and they are technically great streamers, but will never go anywhere. you need to roll in as a game with top .1% of skill (usually former pros) or have a good gimmick.

There are the occasional gems that get noticed for actual talent/ability to just have a good personality or be genuinely fucking funny. I give my twitch prime to MiltonTPike1 who i found during the whole SheriffEli craze. The guy is the one who played Kiki/Bill Ding/etc. and he seems like a genuinely good dude too with none of the same drama Eli brought with his RP power trips.

He recently got some more exposure during a PUBG tournament by completely throwing the casters off guard by surprise where chat and the co-caster saw him and went "wait, nonono, you go back to that man right now"

But he's been steadily rising when I see him. He is able to bring in enough income from streaming to live on while going to school. It's not the millions that some other streamers bring in. but if you can live and feel happy with the income, that's a pretty good goal.

starts about 20 seconds after that point.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, but her gameplay sucks. This is just a different type of tiddy streamer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't really get it. That novelty is gonna wear off. It's like when people used to laugh at tourrettes guy and I guess it was over my head

spronk

FPS noob
she's pretty to look at and hilarious to listen to curse randomly, 12 year old me is happy as a FUCK YOUR CUNT clam, sorry i have posting tourettes

the only annoying thing is that whistling sound i think every time someone makes a dono, not sure how to turn it off or if its just built into her side. also a bummer she plays overwatch, boring ass game for me to watch but i generally will play a twitch stream while playing black ops or something else and its funny to just listen to

but yeah after a week i'll probably lose interest

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
That's her doing the whistle I think. From what I saw

This, she does the whistle as part of her tick, probably the most frequently. Another one is an out of no where sultry "well hello sailor" or something like that. I thought that was a sub/dono sound too. They're just the random ticks.

Edit: she's pushing 14k viewers now.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
There are the occasional gems that get noticed for actual talent/ability to just have a good personality or be genuinely fucking funny. I give my twitch prime to MiltonTPike1 who i found during the whole SheriffEli craze. The guy is the one who played Kiki/Bill Ding/etc. and he seems like a genuinely good dude too with none of the same drama Eli brought with his RP power trips.

He recently got some more exposure during a PUBG tournament by completely throwing the casters off guard by surprise where chat and the co-caster saw him and went "wait, nonono, you go back to that man right now"

But he's been steadily rising when I see him. He is able to bring in enough income from streaming to live on while going to school. It's not the millions that some other streamers bring in. but if you can live and feel happy with the income, that's a pretty good goal.

starts about 20 seconds after that point.
Thats fucking good.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't really get it. That novelty is gonna wear off. It's like when people used to laugh at tourrettes guy and I guess it was over my head

it will for sure level off but if she ends up averaging 1000 she's good to go to make an average living for a while, she should really take "drunk" off her channel description tho, I could see twitch getting uppity

spronk

FPS noob
we've talked about it in this thread but i also found it fascinating that when she took a 10 min afk break the viewer count dropped from 12k to 8k. its gotta be nuts at that level, if you drop out of streaming for just a few days you could lose a ton of subs and viewers.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, there's a reason why Cohh kept up a 5 year streak of not missing a single day, and it's not just because he's a professional. He knew that you have to be consistent and reliable, and any failure of that is going to set you back. Now he's talking about letting himself take a single day off a week, but he's likely banked enough to afford the losses involved.

Cybsled

Once you become established, it is easy to maintain a solid core. However, you lose a lot of viewers when you don't stream enough or are inconsistent. Especially if it is game dependent. Shroud for instance says he would love to just do MMO grinds, but knows he would lose like 80% of his viewers lol