Twitch.tv

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The Quartering did a video about Ninja.

His subs went from 250k in March of 2018, to like 25k this past month.

So his sub income is about 600k / year, from 750k a month last year.

Getting a big check is a slam dunk for him, its in the bank.

Edit:

This is a real gem of an article: "Twitch doesn’t offer any form of maternity leave "

Rofl

No kidding. The whole time I was self employed I got no leave. Other than when I didn't want to make any money, much like Twitch I guess if you are self employed which they are.

I still don't get Twitch, well at least some of Twitch and the viewers. I still get random gift subs to a channel I watch for a few minutes. Money laundering ? Lol

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ravishing Ravishing Jealous and ignorant? I didn't get that at all. Mixer has been trying to poach twitch streamers for years and he has spoken about it a few times in the past. I think he was bang on about Ninja cashing out, but time will tell I guess.

Most of his analysis is "lets load up mixer and see how many people are there!".
Ninja doesn't even start streaming till tomorrow. He's ragging on the platform because of certain games at the top, compared to Twitch.
Ignorant in the fact he's looking at numbers & making analysis that has no relevance to the future. Things can change in a heartbeat.
Jealous because why rant so long about it? Doesn't make sense.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Most of his analysis is "lets load up mixer and see how many people are there!".
Ninja doesn't even start streaming till tomorrow. He's ragging on the platform because of certain games at the top, compared to Twitch.
Ignorant in the fact he's looking at numbers & making analysis that has no relevance to the future. Things can change in a heartbeat.
Jealous because why rant so long about it? Doesn't make sense.

I take it you don't watch Moon if you think that that length of rant was out of the ordinary for him. In this particular case, he was passionate about the topic. Dude genuinely loves to stream and always gives back, the money comes second. I can say with certainty that he isn't jealous. Dude built one of the most unique and successful channels on the site and he did it without compromising himself.

Agree with his Mixer analysis or not, everything he said is still true. Making fun of Mixer was only like 1 minute of the 40+ minute rant anyway and was never the focal point.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Ninja still has the 3rd most watch minutes of any single streamer in the last 7 days (outside of channels like Fortnite) and he has a very low stream time. Its something like xQc, Shroud, then Ninja and xQc streamed like 3x more than Ninja for not anywhere near 3x more minutes viewed.

Must have been a sweet deal if he can pull those numbers with such little effort.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I take it you don't watch Moon if you think that that length of rant was out of the ordinary for him. In this particular case, he was passionate about the topic. Dude genuinely loves to stream and always gives back, the money comes second. I can say with certainty that he isn't jealous. Dude built one of the most unique and successful channels on the site and he did it without compromising himself.

Agree with his Mixer analysis or not, everything he said is still true. Making fun of Mixer was only like 1 minute of the 40+ minute rant anyway and was never the focal point.
Yea I dont watch moon, isnt he an OW player? I could never watch OW streams, I actually dont go on twitch much atm. I watch some competitive LoL sometimes.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yea I dont watch moon, isnt he an OW player? I could never watch OW streams, I actually dont go on twitch much atm. I watch some competitive LoL sometimes.

Yeah he started as an OW streamer but he's been doing variety the past two years. Tbh I rarely even watch him these days, he can be annoying as all hell. As far as big streamers go though, I do find that I respect him the most. He seems the least greedy at least.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

You listened to 40 minutes of one gamer bitching about another gamer playing games on a different platform?

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
You listened to 40 minutes of one gamer bitching about another gamer playing games on a different platform?

Yes? Shit was funny. Do you think podcasts are mad gay too? Please tell me what I should like, lest I forever live in your shadow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
  • 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think Moon's main argument is that Ninja has a very young audience, and he doesn't think about how he is impacting them

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
K, let me break down how this will all work out.

First off, I don't care about Ninja. I got him when I heard about him playing with someone famous. He's kind'a like herpes, in that regard. "I slept with a famous person, and now I've got herpes!"

Secondly, I think you're all missing the other big titty point, with all of this talk about Twitch vs. Mixer. Twitch is about to become a camwhore site. Expect their numbers to go through the roof.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I think Moon's main argument is that Ninja has a very young audience, and he doesn't think about how he is impacting them

That is actually a solid point on why MS went after Ninja. Knowing his audience skews younger, they're probably hoping a Mixer move will pay off when that younger crowd decides to stay with Mixer vs. going to Twitch.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Without the drama the move is guaranteed to fail, drama is free advertising.
I mean from MS side it's money well spent. It's extremely well targetted spending, it's gotten a lot more attention from people who might look at it and give it a chance than any other way they could have spent the money.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They should have separated gaming and IRL streams to different platforms years ago, but they were too greedy with wanting one giant platform. They're going to get pushed more and more to allow things like the breastfeeding content until the point the advertisers tell them to cut the shit out, and they'll start banning shit left and right the same as Youtube.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Who can blame Ninja when you get offered over $20 million for 3 years

• 1Like