Twitch.tv

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's really the same thing as text to speech for donations. Buy in so you get to contribute content to the content you're paying to watch.

Did a streamer monetize song requests yet?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's crazy but I watched a streamer do free TTS the other day and it was insane. The text was being spammed so fast that it was all getting cut up and jumbled. It was pandemonium

I have a razer deathadder NIB I was thinking about giving away on stream. That's allowed right? No one watches me but figured I don't have any other way to give it away

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
.25 cents/sec to get your meme video played on Lirik's stream today! It's amazing people will pay.

He's going to give the money he makes to the Animal Rescue League of Boston. So it's not so LUL now.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Did a streamer monetize song requests yet?

Many are doing this already. Some charge $3 per song (but if they dont like it they turn the shit off) and some turn on !songrequest queue if youre a subscriber. So yeah the song request thing for $$ has been going on for a while already.

Fadaar

That guy
that's dumb, only reason i'd spend 3 bucks to pick a song is if 1) they are forced to listen to the whole thing and 2) it's loud enough that the stream can't ignore it

... aka pick some gay ass shit to play

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember seeing sodapoppin do the money for media thing a few months ago... his was like $1 for 3 seconds of any clip you wanted from youtube. Pretty sure he made like 10k doing this for 10 hours one day and just laughed about how people gave him money to play a clip on stream.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Media share? they've been doing that for a few years already.
Soda did a media share to raise 20k that was used to buy him christmas gifts that chat picked out, he's got a barrel of lube sitting in the garage from that, and a couple 7ft statues in his room and all the wow weapons.
Miya Higa, mizkifs gf, did it to raise like 30k for a homeless charity.
Think Dr Lupo did a big one as well for charity.
Asmongold does it like once a month for himself.
Twitch chat seriously have a ton of money to throw away.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Soda did a media share to raise 20k that was used to buy him christmas gifts that chat picked out, he's got a barrel of lube sitting in the garage from that, and a couple 7ft statues in his room and all the wow weapons.
I get that. There's no fucking way I'd buy that crap with my own money, even if I had top tier streamer money.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Old and prob repost.. But I love that this guy opened his address for fan mail or something of that nature. I would probably tip if I could send random shit rl.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
A lot of streamers i wouldnt have expected to be assholes are now saying F the police and support looters. Gonna have to look over some subscriptions

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
A lot of this stuff is what appears to be "cool". Gotta keep my cool cred up so I'll side with whoever. A lot of my fans are all fuck the police, I gotta say fuck the police to.