Twitch.tv

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
That's a huge part of the stress factor for streaming. It's always in the back of your mind that it could all evaporate instantly, and then what do you do. There is 0 job security

This is why it's best to just do that shit as a hobby and NEVER rely on it for income. If you make a few bucks doing it, cool. Even if you become really popular, it's probably a good idea to at least have a part time job just in case the world decides to turn on you

Did they ever say how Ohlana killed herself?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda how FOH draws in the trannies, it seems like Twitch draws a lot of people that need attention, affirmation, and have mental health issues. Well, the wave of streamers that followed the ones that were just good at games that is.

They ultimately find that attention from anonymous, nameless, and faceless people is hollow. If they step off the treadmill for just 3 days, so does their audience and they have to stream for weeks to have people find them again. Then, if they ever get out of line, the trolls eat them alive and cyber harass them endlessly. Ultimately, they realize how pointless their lives are and they don't have any real friends or community around them.

Unless you are a god gamer, don't try to make it in the streaming game kids.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I would even go so far as to say like 99th percentile. If you aren't that you better have a way to have some bomb ass content

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
A good friend of mine tried to become a streamer a couple years ago.

Dropped like $2k-$3k on equipment for his FIRST stream. I think he lasted a month before he hated it and just stopped. I'm glad because when I would see him in real life he would say things like "kappa" and "omegalul"

• 5Worf
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am

Dropped like $2k-$3k on equipment for his FIRST stream. I think he lasted a month before he hated it and just stopped. I'm glad because when I would see him in real life he would say things like "kappa" and "omegalul"

Yah, people like that are just stupid. It really gets to you too, because you can't really play the games that you want to anymore. It's what made you popular on Twitch or else you're gonna have to find another audience. And for long periods of time. It does actually start to become a job if you let it, and that's not why most people got into it. I find that I really do have to look up to variety streamers (say, like summit, Doc, Lirik), as they are extremely adept at maneuvering through all this stuff.

Cybsled

There are some people that get heavily tied to a specific game (like Chocotaco to PUBG), some that get tied to a genre (Shroud or Doc to BRs), and then you get the true final form variety streamers that literally play everything like Lirik.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

Damn dude, that's pretty Pepega.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I wonder if there's big money to be made in selling streamer crap as all the kids watching fornite get older.

Oldbased

> Than U
Anyone who wants to become a "paid" streamer should be forced to mod a fairly large streamer a few years for free.
24/7 availability? Check.
Good system? 3k hand built machine 7 months ago, Check.
Love games? Check.

Willing to accept nonstop harrassment, being slaved to games you don't really like, always having to watch every little detail you do and say, be FORCED to stream 12 hours a day 7 days a week for years before you make it? Fuck that. I'll just keep doing my thing.
I would even have a large leg up. I have been in the RP communities years now and know streamers personally who have 2k+ viewers watching. I am on someone else's stream( last 2 years ) daily although he is small and I help try to build his stream for him.
So why don't I fire up and start building my life online? Because I am afraid it will ruin the things I actually enjoy and love most.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would need like 5K subs monthly @ 50% at least to live my lifestyle of my job which is 8 hrs a day fucking off for 6. Not sure how much they make per sub but Ive heard 50%, maybe more if they are top streamer with better deal.

shit is too saturated now anyway. You need a gimmick these days like dancing monkey? (monkas) or some shit. Because fuck grinding 8-10 hrs a day with 0-3 viewers until MAYBE you make it to the mid game of 3-5K sub life.

• 1Like

Cybsled

It's the same as trying to make it as an actor: A rare few become stars, a small percentage find some decent success doing bit roles, a slightly larger but still small percentage are extras or D-list actors in obscure shit, and the vast majority never have any measurable success.

It's a combo of luck, talent, appearance, timing, and tenacity. Timing cannot be understated: Getting in at the ground floor is better than getting in years later when the place is overflowing. That's why a decent chunk of Youtubers swapped over to mostly streaming when that started to become a thing.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whores have a built in time limit with age, there is no pension plan and they won't make it anywhere close to retirement before the market finds them undesirable.

Streamers are no different. No one watches a 60 year old "gamer"

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Whores have a built in time limit with age, there is no pension plan and they won't make it anywhere close to retirement before the market finds them undesirable.

Streamers are no different. No one watches a 60 year old "gamer"
I think there will be a market in the future for that, as people themselves get older. Once the generation that constantly watch streams gets older, they'll probably empathize more with older people like themselves than the new zoomer retarded shit. That's assuming streaming is still a thing like it is currently obviously. The gamergirls will be done though for sure but for generic streaming I could see it working.

And yeah biggest mistake you could make atm for streaming is spending too much money on it. Updating your PC to be able to stream at decent quality is all you really should do(and it doubles up as upgrading your pc to play games better anyway), with a green screen MAYBE(and that's really just a green drape behind you) but investing 900$ in a top of the line mic or whatever is a sure waste of money, any mic will do the job just fine early on even the ones integrated on headsets, especially recent ones are very good quality.

• 1Like