Twitch.tv

gauze

Molten Core Raider
If you’ve never experienced it, ya. I was in Japan many years ago and woke up to the entire room swaying/moving. I just sort of kept lying on the bed because I wasn’t sure what to do/still trying to process it after being woken up. I didn’t hear and sirens or alarms after it stopped, so I assumed it wasn’t a big deal. It did delay the subways by 15 minutes, though
When I lived in Tokyo, I felt a few throughout the year.. I wanna say through the 4 - 6 range but never really the epicenter. I think Chiba was where most of the brunt was, heard funny but sad stories like old persons or child dying because a cinderblock from a walled fence fell, killing them.. ect. My experience was nothing like said twitch clip, more like an "oh?" and the occasional second "ohh" as the second rumble/wave/tremor. Lasted no more than 1 to 2 seconds. The Japanese people that were around me in some cases paid no mind, other than the potential grief of others while the foreigners were more panic-y.

When I visited prior to my living, doing the touristy shit.. there was a 7 or 8 that hit pretty close to where I was staying in Miyajima and I was in a 14th floor hotel room. I got pretty excited because it was my first time ever experiencing it.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Midstream ad hit, so twitch still trying to fuck with adblock.

edit: i purged and reupdated, 2 short ads attempted to play but i simply got a "commercial break in progress" for the duration.
edit2: seems like they are trying to push 30 seconds of ads every 10 minutes or so. My screen is same as Xen's.

Last edited:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Just got like two midstream ads in 10 mins as well, the ad was blocked but not the roll, and this time they moved the stream to the upper right corner with no sound while they did it. Guess I'll refresh the filters again...

Untitled.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

For firefox you can override your useragent to look like a tablet which won't get ads, but until you switch it off you will get the mobile version of websites.

about:config > general.useragent.override
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 11_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Tablet/15E148 Safari/604.1

edit: seems like they changed the UI for tablets overnight, so don't know how ads are affected.

Last edited:

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
DatModz has ads turned off and, from statements hes made (and maybe the level of streamer he is) he said it hurts him more than it helps due to people just tuning out when he runs ads. Really funny dude too, have watched him from the EARLY D3 days so if you do need someone to watch check him out. He's really the only person I watch on twitch.
I would just like to reiterate what is being said here. If you guys are seeing a lot of adds, I'd suggest you change your streamer, and not concentrate on blocking the ads.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I heard anything over a minute delay is already uncomfortable for them. I wonder if there's a Seppuku threshold.

in Germany, less than 80% of trains are on time, and the definition of on time is "up to five minutes late"

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Just got like two midstream ads in 10 mins as well, the ad was blocked but not the roll, and this time they moved the stream to the upper right corner with no sound while they did it. Guess I'll refresh the filters again...

View attachment 313744
I just got this shit, I have no problem with the ad over the chat display and think that is a pretty interesting idea...

but...

they were also playing an ad over the main stream at the same time which I have a major fucking problem with. I sometimes pop in to the rifftrax channel when I can't guess the movie by the still (which I can 9/10 times) and had to endure a minute of that shit just to find out what they were playing...

It was a live riffed short where kids make masks out of grasss. Corn is a grass, fyi.

Ads are a form of punishment that streaming companies inflict upon you so that you pay them to stop. It's cruel and unusual punishment and complete insanity.

Twitch is taking money from companies to show ads they then force on people while charging them to not see those ads. It is a complete and totally untenable situation.

Cybsled

I heard anything over a minute delay is already uncomfortable for them. I wonder if there's a Seppuku threshold.

in Germany, less than 80% of trains are on time, and the definition of on time is "up to five minutes late"

Japanese trains are fucking legendary for being punctual. If the train schedule says a train will be arriving or departing at a specific time, then those are the times.

• 1Truth!

Malakriss

The retarded part of this is that people wanted to manually watch ads for bits if they actually still allowed that, and would cheer them right back for their bimonthly megacheer emotes.

But instead they are going full malware trying to bypass browser protections to inject ads over top of streamers' content.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Twitch is a colossal waste of time and is pretty shitty when it comes to general mental-health anyway. I won't feel its loss if it gets bad enough that I just have to walk away from the platform.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I dont get them with ublock.

My dude, I've been using ublock for years...

Watching asmongold, he's been asking his chat questions of ads and his stream getting hit with politics ads now including trump ones while they had banned his channel for racism? lol.

Malakriss

They popped it as a notification, just like they popped one last week for twitch gift cards and Thursday night football before that. I'll complain about that aspect of it.