Twitch.tv

Oldbased

> Than U
Their shit runs worse on PC Chrome, Android mobile and Fire TV app than it ever has. On all 3 I get crashes, lockups, stutters at times and every time a forced ad plays it is a 50/50 if it will complete properly or just go black screen. It isn't ALL the time, but compared to a year+ ago, the number of bugs is extreme on every platform I have and 99% of it is due to the shitty ads no one wants.
I hope everyone of them chokes to death while gargling Foler's BFs cum.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Once they went hardcore on ads, my Twitch viewing dropped dramatically.

I don't begrudge them ads entirely, but when you get a 30 second ad every single time you switch to a new stream you can go fuck yourself.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Once they went hardcore on ads, my Twitch viewing dropped dramatically.

I don't begrudge them ads entirely, but when you get a 30 second ad every single time you switch to a new stream you can go fuck yourself.
1000% it has hurt creators. I'll go to a channel, it'll start an ad and I just close out twitch. It's rare I watch someone outside the 2 subs I have atm( a gifted and prime ).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
1000% it has hurt creators. I'll go to a channel, it'll start an ad and I just close out twitch. It's rare I watch someone outside the 2 subs I have atm( a gifted and prime ).
This is exactly how it happens with me.

I haven't added a new follow in over a year.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't watched twitch in 2 months, since Ukraine every streamer I watched was towing the propaganda, completely unrelated to their games. it was bad enough with BLM etc, but now it just crossed the line.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The ads got me to pay for Twitch turbo. Twitch is basically my background noise while I work during the day or gaming in the evening. So it is worth it to me.

• 2Cringe
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The ads got me to pay for Twitch turbo. Twitch is basically my background noise while I work during the day or gaming in the evening. So it is worth it to me.

If it's basically background noise...why pay for anything?

That makes no sense to me. What are you getting from paying for a background noise service that you couldn't get anywhere else for free?

• 2Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
If it's basically background noise...why pay for anything?

That makes no sense to me. What are you getting from paying for a background noise service that you couldn't get anywhere else for free?

The ads are really intrusive so it is worth it to get rid of them. Twitch is still the king of live streaming so there isnt a comparable platform.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The ads are really intrusive so it is worth it to get rid of them. Twitch is still the king of live streaming so there isnt a comparable platform.

You are using it for background noise though...if you aren't actively watching Twitch it's basically just a podcast and there are countless other platforms for that.

Nevermind that there are other platforms for live streaming too that aren't even 10% as intrusive as twitch, granted you won't have access to X personality but you will still have background noise in the flavor you want.

Blinking Cary Elwes GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
granted you won't have access to X personality but you will still have background noise in the flavor you want.

That is exactly it. Twitch has most the people I want to listen to on the platform. It is easier to find people livestreaming on Twitch vs Youtube as well.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It might be the boomer in me but I can't really do twitch beyond letting it sit in the background on mute for free drops of something I might be playing. Any large streamer the chat is so aids I honestly can't imagine ever typing in it. I have never and will probably never use my twitch prime on anyone.

If I do watch a streamer it's usually a YouTube clip. In fact they pay people to curate their 14 hours of aids down to 10 min of highlights of the only actual "content" using the word loosely they manage to shit out every day.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
That is exactly it. Twitch has most the people I want to listen to on the platform. It is easier to find people livestreaming on Twitch vs Youtube as well.

I'm not gunna rail on you wanting to be entertained while doing mundane tasks because I'm pretty sure that is every living persons desire, to find entertainment either IN the mundane or while doing the mundane.

I do want to raise awareness though, this combination is why they do intrusive ads, because they know people want to be entertained. They want to tax your boredom, essentially. You don't NEED their service but they know that people these days don't have the will-power to step back and evaluate before shelling out "inconsequential" money to a company. Money a person can justify as "the same price as a cup of coffee".

I know for me I did an evaluation of any net positive that I gained from paying to watch people or listen to people. The results will shock you!

I mean it won't shock you, because these people are nothing more than clothed Chaturbaters that will say whatever their audience wants in order for them to keep getting paid. Nothing they say has any value or purpose other than to keep those dono's rolling in.

It might be the boomer in me but I can't really do twitch beyond letting it sit in the background on mute for free drops of something I might be playing. Any large streamer the chat is so aids I honestly can't imagine ever typing in it. I have never and will probably never use my twitch prime on anyone.

If I do watch a streamer it's usually a YouTube clip. In fact they pay people to curate their 14 hours of aids down to 10 min of highlights of the only actual "content" using the word loosely they manage to shit out every day.

Honestly I just got tired of paying money to people who's direct interests are against mine. My wife still did subs to a few streamers (FFXIV streamers...fuckin zepla) but even that died after Ukraine because of the clear bias that these people have in their grift.

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude, "cash me outside" cunt made like $52m last year on only fans, and micro transaction gacha games raked in $94 billion last year and have ruined the gaming industry. If you are funneling money every month to XQC or Summit or Asmon, yeah you are pretty pathetic, but the world is already fucked, so /shrug.

Moral of the story, a retard and their money are soon parted. You can't protect these people from themselves.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Dude, "cash me outside" cunt made like $52m last year on only fans, and micro transaction gacha games raked in $94 billion last year and have ruined the gaming industry. If you are funneling money every month to XQC or Summit or Asmon, yeah you are pretty pathetic, but the world is already fucked, so /shrug.

Moral of the story, a retard and their money are soon parted. You can't protect these people from themselves.

This was brought up in the thot thread but goddamn that ugly trashcan cunt making that much money is mind blowing. There are tons of sluts that are actually attractive out there I still don't get it. Millennials are worse than Boomers and are the worst generation this planet has ever produced.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
He does a good job cover the issues with Twitch. Also covers the issues with livestreaming on Youtube. Twitch has a monopoly until Youtube decides to make livestreamers more discoverable and properly catagorized.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I use twitch mostly these days to check out a game and see if I’ll like it. I know YouTube has Let’s Play videos but old habits die hard I guess.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
He does a good job cover the issues with Twitch. Also covers the issues with livestreaming on Youtube. Twitch has a monopoly until Youtube decides to make livestreamers more discoverable and properly catagorized.

You know what though Twitch fucking themselves in the asshole is a good thing especially if it causes an exodus of people and more streaming platforms come up. Nobody benefits in a monopoly. It was one of the reasons I was sad Microsoft shit the bed with mixer.

Kind of like how twitter is aids and more and more competition is popping up and you see how one sided and bullshit it was, same with Netflix, soon with Twitch... no king rules forever, and pretty much most of these tech aids companies need alternatives.

Also it's funny how everyone fled cable outside of old people but these stupid fucking companies desire so badly to repeat that model. If anyone thinks I am going to watch 6 minutes of ads for some clownnuts faggot to play Overaids2 or some shit they are sadly fucking mistaken.

As some of you guys have said before once in a while I will click on X random streamer to even see if I want to watch it, instantly be presented with ads and before the streamer gets loaded I decide you know what nah and close the fucking tab.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
You know what though Twitch fucking themselves in the asshole is a good thing especially if it causes an exodus of people and more streaming platforms come up. Nobody benefits in a monopoly. It was one of the reasons I was sad Microsoft shit the bed with mixer.

Kind of like how twitter is aids and more and more competition is popping up and you see how one sided and bullshit it was, same with Netflix, soon with Twitch... no king rules forever, and pretty much most of these tech aids companies need alternatives.

Also it's funny how everyone fled cable outside of old people but these stupid fucking companies desire so badly to repeat that model. If anyone thinks I am going to watch 6 minutes of ads for some clownnuts faggot to play Overaids2 or some shit they are sadly fucking mistaken.

As some of you guys have said before once in a while I will click on X random streamer to even see if I want to watch it, instantly be presented with ads and before the streamer gets loaded I decide you know what nah and close the fucking tab.

loudoldpeoplenoises.gif

Fadaar

That guy
I refuse to use Twitch or Youtube on mobile purely because of ads. YT I'll run a podcast or something if I'm on a long drive but that's about it, I can deal with 2 minutes of ads over 2 hours but not 30 seconds of faggotry before every 4 minute song I want to hear.

• 2Like