Twitch.tv

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

Her past boyfriend in the states (because shocker, she's a US citizen!), was a christian who wanted to save sex for marriage, wanted her to not dress inappropriately, and go to church...MIND BLOWING STUFF FOR A CHRISTIAN GUY. She made a youtube video that explained it all that my wife STRONGLY SUGGESTED I WATCH while she was still simping for her. In that video she claimed that the dude was ABUSING HER, mentally, physically and SEXUALLY. Mentally because he suggested she go to church. Physically because he suggested that she wear less inappropriate clothing. Sexually because he wouldn't stick his dick in crazy.

The reason she's in fucking Poland? Because she can't bring her pets from Ukraine because everyone in their right mind fears that there may be a spike in RABIES CASES from peoples home pets brought from Ukraine. She would rather farm donations and put her life in risk for her pets than leave poland to go to her home nation.

Youve got old info. She needed to get specific passports/documents to move pets across borders or to the US (because of the rabies issue you mentioned). She had left Bucha to go to Lyiv because the documents had not cleared and the state dept issued warnings to US citizens. Then when Russia invaded, the pet documentation went out the window because of the refugee flood. She’s in Portugal now.

As for the first thing, I can’t comment on that much since I don’t know the details. But if my significant other was some religious fundi and I wasn’t, I’d tell them to fuck off as well if they tried to get me to adhere to some religious doctrine. She’s from Louisiana I think so definitely in the heart of that sort of thing

• 2Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Youve got old info. She needed to get specific passports/documents to move pets across borders or to the US (because of the rabies issue you mentioned). She had left Bucha to go to Lyiv because the documents had not cleared and the state dept issued warnings to US citizens. Then when Russia invaded, the pet documentation went out the window because of the refugee flood. She’s in Portugal now.

As for the first thing, I can’t comment on that much since I don’t know the details. But if my significant other was some religious fundi and I wasn’t, I’d tell them to fuck off as well if they tried to get me to adhere to some religious doctrine. She’s from Louisiana I think so definitely in the heart of that sort of thing

Yeah sounds like a real asshole trying to have some basic morals, family values, and integrity. Those Christians man total degenerates. :rolleyes:

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 6 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

"You are right about the pet thing, she's crazy as fuck. Your information is outdated though she's sucking dick in Portugal now, she finished up in Poland."

Is all you had to say.

As for her Ex, she broke up with him and then like a NORMAL, RATIONAL PERSON, she made a video saying that she was abused, because she likes attention, because she's an attention whore.

The only thing she's missing is the mattress she didn't get fucked on to drag around her entire life so that she can feel EXTRA validated.

Cybsled

Not disagreeing with drama/etc probably being a factor.

The pet thing seems reasonable. If I have a chance to save my dog, I’m saving my dog. I’m not just going to abandon him unless I’ve exhausted literally every feasible option and it’s a life/death type of thing, and even then it would be difficult.

Someone who could easily ditch their dog and peace out is fucked up, IMO

• 1NPC
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wish they'd just push the mandatory ads like 120 seconds into a stream instead of at the beginning. If people want to hop around looking for something to watch, they're not going to sit there for 30-60 seconds to just SEE if something is interesting.

Then you'd have people just bouncing in between streamers every 2 minutes which fucks with viewer stats, but I'd still prefer that at least people could find something they want to watch.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Yes, instant ads are such shit. I want to see if the stream is even interesting and immediately getting an ad is more often than not going to result in me going elsewhere

• 1NPC
  • 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I wish they'd just push the mandatory ads like 120 seconds into a stream instead of at the beginning. If people want to hop around looking for something to watch, they're not going to sit there for 30-60 seconds to just SEE if something is interesting.

Then you'd have people just bouncing in between streamers every 2 minutes which fucks with viewer stats, but I'd still prefer that at least people could find something they want to watch.

I really wonder how in the red Youtube has become over the years. Everyone adblocks the hell out of it and the most you hear is every so often the company makes it so fewer children watch Spider-man Elsa psuedo rape that include pre-roll ads.

Apparently Amazon has a "Stadia" clone too.

I really don't understand why Amazon hasn't tied game streaming to direct game sales in a meaningful way other than game-drops.

I also wonder if Twitter will get in on the scene and upend places like Tiktok, Youtube, and Twitch with a new model.

Cybsled

I really don't understand why Amazon hasn't tied game streaming to direct game sales in a meaningful way other than game-drops.

Because players turn out for freebies. Like at the OW2 beta giveaway. Hundreds of thousands of viewers. Will all of them buy OW2? Of course not. But it increases awareness for the product with very little advertising expenditures - streamers will do it for the viewers (money) and require little in terms of additional compensation

• 1NPC
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is possible GuardianX GuardianX was going after something that always irritated me with the Amazon purchase of Twitch. There were/are a ton of opportunities to tie in plenty of the existing Amazon ecosystem to Twitch that seemed like are not exploited. More visibility to directly purchase games that are being streamed, Amazon Music, streamer Hardware. A bunch of stuff that seems brain dead obvious and easy for us to click buttons to 1-Click Buy Now like good little Pavlovian dogs. Maybe they've done some of that and it has just been too long since I've opened Twitch. There's still some $5/month sub that goes to a DotA streamer from years ago that I keep forgetting to cancel.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
sorry the peak of twitch is opening LSF and seeing the top post being some moose crossing a river

it is a metaphor for <insert your stupid idea here>

Xevy

Log Wizard
It is possible GuardianX GuardianX was going after something that always irritated me with the Amazon purchase of Twitch. There were/are a ton of opportunities to tie in plenty of the existing Amazon ecosystem to Twitch that seemed like are not exploited. More visibility to directly purchase games that are being streamed, Amazon Music, streamer Hardware. A bunch of stuff that seems brain dead obvious and easy for us to click buttons to 1-Click Buy Now like good little Pavlovian dogs. Maybe they've done some of that and it has just been too long since I've opened Twitch. There's still some $5/month sub that goes to a DotA streamer from years ago that I keep forgetting to cancel.
That exists. You get an amazon icon people can click that lists the direct Amazon link to whatever the streamer wants. They get commission on it too. PC parts, Mt Dew, Tampons, whatever they want to list. Some games also have an icon you click directly to take you to the website for certain Amazon games as well. The problems is it's 100% up to the streamer and it's an icon that's probably non-existant on mobile and on PC you have to hover your mouse over the video to see the icon. Amazon even gives a varying amount of commision on items depending what category they're in (like 3% on tech stuff, 8% on home stuff, 7% on fashion, etc etc).

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I am misremembering by wasn't part of the amazon buying twitch was that twitch would remain separate from amazon to an extent?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

This exactly.

No more need for DMCA on music in streams, you literally can let people buy the music direct from your stream, unlocking on your amazon music account.

Game streams showing a buy now click that unlocks the game on your amazon games account.

Use object recognition and have items in your room on a list so people can deck their room out in gear like your room.

So much untapped potential in Twitch, they are set to be the PRIME in "META" and they aren't doing a fucking thing.

Hell, a VR experience where you take a MASSIVE lobby where you literally walk INTO high profile streamers VR room, check things out and buy them or go super creeper and sit on their bed and watch them play over the shoulder.

So many unexplored opportunities.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
creepy tv land GIF by YoungerTV

• 1Weird Boner

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Piehole is network level blocking which is nice cause it covers phones/consoles/ipads etc for youtube ads at the like. I have mine installed as a container on my home server, but you can run it anywhere really.

The important part is once you have it configured and the networking set up you set your home routers DNS to the piehole - you could do it on individual devices if you want, but it's way easier to do via the router.

This looks correct from a quick glance for a bare bonus linux-based OS install if you don't wanna mess with docker:

The problem with this is that pihole doesn't block YouTube or Twitch ads successfully. If you are on desktop than Brave browser takes care of YouTube ads, but Twitch is still there and built into the front of the stream. On mobile, though, it is adfest 3000 all day, every day.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The problem with this is that pihole doesn't block YouTube or Twitch ads successfully. If you are on desktop than Brave browser takes care of YouTube ads, but Twitch is still there and built into the front of the stream. On mobile, though, it is adfest 3000 all day, every day.

Wife was watching the other day and I noticed that when an ad rolls for twitch, the stream gets muted and goes to the top right corner, over chat.

I wonder why it is that someone hasn't just made it so that when this switch happens, it just doesn't let it happen and puts the ad up there instead.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
"You are right about the pet thing, she's crazy as fuck. Your information is outdated though she's sucking dick in Portugal now, she finished up in Poland."

Is all you had to say.

As for her Ex, she broke up with him and then like a NORMAL, RATIONAL PERSON, she made a video saying that she was abused, because she likes attention, because she's an attention whore.

The only thing she's missing is the mattress she didn't get fucked on to drag around her entire life so that she can feel EXTRA validated.

Wait are we talking about Amber Heard?

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Not disagreeing with drama/etc probably being a factor.

The pet thing seems reasonable. If I have a chance to save my dog, I’m saving my dog. I’m not just going to abandon him unless I’ve exhausted literally every feasible option and it’s a life/death type of thing, and even then it would be difficult.

Someone who could easily ditch their dog and peace out is fucked up, IMO
She got the dog AFTER she moved into a country in the middle of a civil war, you stupid ass. No sane person would move to a country in the middle of a civil war and then claim to be a victim when shit hits the fan. Stop being a simp.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Wait are we talking about Amber Heard?

Might as well be.

Nearly every woman who desires to constantly be the center of attention is crazy as fuck. Not only is Zepla a female, she's old and barren, better recipe for crazy has yet to be found.

Look at all the healthy Hollywood relationships and you notice that eventually they stop trying to be the center of attention.

Married 20 years.

Married 19 years.

Those are couple great examples but you notice that you don't really recognize where you last saw them but they are STILL making content.

She got the dog AFTER she moved into a country in the middle of a civil war, you stupid ass. No sane person would move to a country in the middle of a civil war and then claim to be a victim when shit hits the fan. Stop being a simp.

What blows me away is liberals (What zepla is) claim to be so in tune with emotions and yet they don't understand basic psychology and how instinct drives that psychology.

She wants drama but not HER drama, hence why she isn't actually living in the US near her family. She wants to be able to control the drama levels, like all liberal people, but doesn't understand the impact of her decisions. She is Co-opting the drama from Ukraine while sitting in Portugal, controlling her danger while maximizing her drama.

Eventually she will do like all self-absorbed cunts do and fuck the wrong person.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Furthermore, based on what some of you have said, they probably fled Poland because they feared the Polish would force her boy toy back to Ukraine to fight for his country. Portugal is not sending fighting age men back to Ukraine, so it is mighty convenient that is where they ended up after initially crossing into Poland. Or, maybe she had PTSD after being around a bunch of obviously conservative and Christian people.