Twitch.tv

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It's insane they don't make a profit. Their overhead cost for servers or whatever has to be fucking ginormous because they're already 50/50 any money made by streamers outside of donations and the last 6 months or so they've been pushing for 8 minutes of adds every hour. 8 fucking minutes is a lot. It used to be 3. I doubt it's profitable this year, but I'm guessing they're less in the red than usual.

Not to mention I don't know what manager cut they get for things like bounties which can be up to like 10,000 an hour and shit for the highest tier streamer.

MoistCritical had a video about the layoffs and bounties came up . He said that Twitch takes the lion's share of the bounties and that even the smallest streamers would get way more money by contacting the company directly and negotiating a sponsored stream.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You're just now realizing that? Fuck, I knew that back when he tried to install Steam to Linux and it borked his system, even though there was a warning there that said, "DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE DOING" and then blamed Linux.

Heh. Tried uninstalling a FortiGate VPN client from my Windows machine (work) the other day, two of my monitors stopped working. What one has to do with the other? No idea.

I don't see what Linus audience is supposed to be or targeted at. Tech professionals don't learn a whole lot watching his shit. His gear is probably not useful for 99% of the viewers or even affordable for a large percentage. How many people really get wound up knowing that a random Canadian invested $X amount into a random company for random item that you will likely never see?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't see what Linus audience is supposed to be or targeted at. Tech professionals don't learn a whole lot watching his shit. His gear is probably not useful for 99% of the viewers or even affordable for a large percentage. How many people really get wound up knowing that a random Canadian invested $X amount into a random company for random item that you will likely never see?

Level 1 IT helpdesk people and Geeksquad

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Amazon should take all the movies they have the proper rights to, offload them on to a twitch channel or four, and follow the mst3k/rifftrax model of twitch streaming. I would watch that shit, watching shit movies with chat is kind of fun.
Some of the best channels out there are things that play old shit, such as the Bob Ross one, or Hungry that plays old (and sometimes new) cooking shows. The ones that someone here linked a while back that run 24/7 old TV shows and films that are out of copyright are also good. You then have some channels that once in a while show TV shows that are not out of copyright and they are also popular, if you can find them. A couple of years ago there was a channel that played The Simpsons 24/7 illegally for a couple of weeks until it was shut down and it had thousands of viewers all the time. So yeah, I'd see a market for a lot of these channels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What happened here? The seemed to have been both completely stealth and undetectable by the other players.
Basics of the game is to holographic disguise as NPCs like the two guards on the other team or a technician, staff member, etc. But you can also select an ability that is prop hunt, letting you mimic a nearby object such as the chair. Their whole team chose it, rushed to a vault room but did not loot anything so they can wait in ambush for the next team.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Is this an evolution of Chris Hecker's spy party? I heard them trying to decide if they were players or npcs.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Twitter blocks if you're not logged in, they force you to have an account and then they don't care since they data farm all your browsing.

fris

Vyemm Raider
dude recognized his sister in a position where he could see nut on her back REAAAAAAAAL quick.... all i'm saying

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Sucks to be that dude.

My drop in ceiling fell few weeks back in place I been for 12 years. They didn't use eyelets and instead tied light gauge wire to roofing nails into drywall.
Took me 3 hours to tear it down, salvage tracks/tiles and install it properly back.
Hook/wire/eyelet kit- $15, box of replacement tiles-$12.
Such a tragedy!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looking up one or two vids for Holocure on YT made the Great Algorithmo decide I wanted Hololive clips 24/7.

Can't deny that Pekora shouting dark magic chants at her computer while playing the Harry Potter game is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looking up one or two vids for Holocure on YT made the Great Algorithmo decide I wanted Hololive clips 24/7.

Can't deny that Pekora shouting dark magic chants at her computer while playing the Harry Potter game is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
The Hololive girls are hella popular and there are a bunch of them. I tend to watch clips of the Holomyth EN girls. They are all pretty funny.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user