Ultima Online - UO An Corp ||| All the IPY T2A pvp goodness with none of the AZ

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Still playing; didn't realize anyone outside African was.

Sadly it's doomed to failure in a small number of months. This should have been a beta - there are so many broken and ill thought out systems.

1. The owner's seem a nice bunch, but they vote on every little decision and implement changes with a 2/3 majority. And there are a lot of changes that need to be made - big and small. This won't support what needs to happen for long. It needs some strong leadership and significant decisions being made in short order - which I don't see happening.

2. The owners have inherited the code. There are many changes from classic and other shards and no-one knows what's happening with them - not even the people running it. Consequently there is very little communication from the owners and devs on core systems. They seem to be hoping the community will establish for itself what the code does and write their wiki for them before they get pissed off and leave.

3. It's the most unfriendly, selfish and unhelpful community I've ever come across with very few exceptions. That's without considering all the cheat macros happening, which are long standing in UO.

Suspect a gradual fall off in player numbers in the next small number of weeks as people leaving marginally outnumbers players joining then a large decline as players realize all of the above.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I haven't logged into UOAC in a while. Starting here by myself was probably the worst possible mistake you could make.

Every chance I had I tried to avoid other players because it seems like everytime someone ran onto my screen I became the focus of 'how to fuck this guys day up' mentality.

Then I tried to join a guild and we all went into destard together. This is cool I thought. For 30 minutes we sat and killed dragons and when it came time to split loot (like 4k gold? lol) they just killed me and took my stuff and ran off. Then I recalled to my house and they were inside waiting on me and killed me again.

That's when I knew UO was not for me.

You're right about the leadership Flight. Az was a crap administrator. He had a vision for the game though (good or bad), and that's what the admins here need right now. I'm pretty sure a lot of them are old hands and understand the code, but don't really understand how the systems are supposed to complement each other. I dunno who came up with and OK'd the 85 minimum on being statted, but it's fucking dumb (although I do have a lot of fun with it).

Friday, you should join NEW if you care to give it another go. They won't screw you over. I think I saw some other clans recruiting too. It's still going to be a server wolves and dicks though... it's just too hard to be a good guy and win in UO.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I was there in that orc fight, it was fun. As for NEW, fuck that guild. Had a NEW guy train me today with dragon when I was sparring my two toons in despise. Yes I think this server has the most amount of immature douche bags there are.. you know that feeling when you're in a dungeon macroing on your two toons and you see someone run by and wonder if they're going to attack you, train you, or ignore you? You'd think it'd be 50/50 but no 95% of the time they will run mobs up to you and invis. Fucking never fails to happen, very disappointing at how the community is.

-A- guild seems fun, I'm enjoying my tamer and my med warrior is pretty much done. I finished my tank mage also, but I'm thinking to myself if I want to just keep grinding in destard or ice for gold.. 5k every 10-15 minutes.. and for what? probably just going to look into a pk guild, that seems way more interesting if at all. OCB seems fucked. I thought about joining the /M\ guild but they're EU apparently.

Also the leader of NEW is quitting and wants to give the guild to someone else. If u want in somewhere u can join -A-, I'll invite you. We wont take your shit, lmao. what douche bags

Oh yeah fun fact, ship maker npcs on this server dont sell SHIPS, they sell ship plans. Found that out the hard way.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
-A- was the guild that I joined that killed me. It was because a Destard set piece (arms) dropped.

Overall experience with the server compared to IPY2: D-

Lost if you want a house and have a boat, PM me.

edit

Or if you have skype, msg me: friday.det

Flight

Molten Core Raider
-A- was the guild that I joined that killed me. It was because a Destard set piece (arms) dropped.

Holy shit mate. Can you remember any of the names of guys who were there ?

Are you going to pick up SoTA ?

lost

<Bronze Donator>

edit

Or if you have skype, msg me: friday.det
Wow that's very odd. Havent seen that happen. Added to skype.

Talinos_sl

shitlord
Yea I haven't logged into UOAC in a while. Starting here by myself was probably the worst possible mistake you could make.

Every chance I had I tried to avoid other players because it seems like everytime someone ran onto my screen I became the focus of 'how to fuck this guys day up' mentality.

Then I tried to join a guild and we all went into destard together. This is cool I thought. For 30 minutes we sat and killed dragons and when it came time to split loot (like 4k gold? lol) they just killed me and took my stuff and ran off. Then I recalled to my house and they were inside waiting on me and killed me again.

That's when I knew UO was not for me.
Friday, I remember you from IPY2. I ran a pretty large guild called "Overrated".

I started to see Az bailing and knew the shard was going to die off, so I called it quits and cashed out before it was too late.

I hated Az's design decisions, but respected the guy for how he ran the shard. He kept things pretty professional and knew how to communicate when he needed to. If he had trusted the right people and had a larger staff, he wouldn't have burned out nearly as bad and we'd probably still have IPY2 around today. UOAC was destined to fail when he jumped ship and passed the shard off to these guys. He was a chief, they're just indians. Having run multiple shards myself over the past decade, I can relate to how he felt when he called it quits. It is extremely un-rewarding and time consuming to run a UO shard. Even if you get a decent amount of donations, you're still making a fraction of minimum wage for the time invested.

Due to the community that's left, you won't be able to enjoy playing solo. All of the active players left have small groups and pack mentality. If you're doing anything out of guardzone alone and potentially have anything valuable, you can expect that if anyone spots you they are calling buddies to come. There's no honor in PK anymore. People will ruin your day just because they can.

It sucks. I'm itching to play a decent shard, but know that doing it alone is pointless. Either way, this shard will be dead in a few months and it doesn't look like there's much on the horizon for shards.

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Friday, I remember you from IPY2. I ran a pretty large guild called "Overrated".

I started to see Az bailing and knew the shard was going to die off, so I called it quits and cashed out before it was too late.

I hated Az's design decisions, but respected the guy for how he ran the shard. He kept things pretty professional and knew how to communicate when he needed to. If he had trusted the right people and had a larger staff, he wouldn't have burned out nearly as bad and we'd probably still have IPY2 around today. UOAC was destined to fail when he jumped ship and passed the shard off to these guys. He was a chief, they're just indians. Having run multiple shards myself over the past decade, I can relate to how he felt when he called it quits. It is extremely un-rewarding and time consuming to run a UO shard. Even if you get a decent amount of donations, you're still making a fraction of minimum wage for the time invested.

Due to the community that's left, you won't be able to enjoy playing solo. All of the active players left have small groups and pack mentality. If you're doing anything out of guardzone alone and potentially have anything valuable, you can expect that if anyone spots you they are calling buddies to come. There's no honor in PK anymore. People will ruin your day just because they can.

It sucks. I'm itching to play a decent shard, but know that doing it alone is pointless. Either way, this shard will be dead in a few months and it doesn't look like there's much on the horizon for shards.
I would have liked see more dev time with Az / Seneschal. I thought Sen's presence was better for the shard. I agree with Az bailing and the server going down like that. I was fine with IPY3 until like...a couple of days before its launch Az just BAILS.

Forums/website/links all down. All that information gone. The community is just different on UOAC. You could generally be left almost alone if you were in a dungeon soloing out of the way. Not all of the time but whatever. Most of those players left I think during 2.0 downfall to UOAC and what you are left with is the people who post in Rants only.

Not all of the people in -A- are bad, just a group that may or may not still be there. I haven't been on in a while and/or cared to look. That thread will draw out the trolls screaming TRAMMEL in no time though, I'm sure.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
I nearly never get to actually play UOAC with traveling for work nearly every week out of state. The, how do I fuck this guys day up, is basically UO in a nutshell. I think the server will be fine, but will have significantly less peopleonlineonce everyone is done making their characters. The 1200 people was basically everyone having 3 accounts logged in. At some point, I hope to get time to actually play the game!

African

Sad to see you quit Friday
frown.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Enjoyed your company and your insight in this game Friday. Would be good to catch up with you in another game.

I'm close to about done with UOAC. Got all my accounts back from Mythic and might give Felucca some time there for old times sake.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know what third parties software you can use with the official EA client ? I know UOAssist is supported. Can you use UOsteam or Razor ?

Amazed to find the official classic client is still restricted to 800 x 600 while UOSteam etc allow you to play at higher resolutions.

African

Flight, I think you're limited to UOAssist. You may be able to use UO Extreme but development on that ended ages ago and it didn't allow you to resize the client. Razor and UOSteam hook into the client so they'd be detected on the server.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Welp I'm making a fisherman and a thief now, got my tank mage, med warrior, tamer and provoker all 7xgm. Pretty damn easy. I was buying nets off people to kill with tamer but me being stupid when comes to fishing, someone said I should get a fisherman to throw the nets, so my fisherman is 91 but stopping him to raise his magery as serpents keep owning him. Also going to put lockpick/cartography on him.