ultra beta male virgin shoots up hot girls at UC Santa Barbara at least 7 dead

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which is precisely my point as well, they're hardly restrictive and they did nothing - doesn't mean something truly restrictive couldn't have potentially prevented it.

It's like saying "Hey, that 1cm speed bump didn't do anything to get people to slow down on this road" and using that to infer that any speed bump won't...
The shooter was a white male with no criminal record or history of mental illness. What legal restriction could have possibly kept him from purchasing a handgun?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
This is pretty unavoidable. Though I guess if someone was paying attention and shipped him to therapy maybe? Tricky area.

I haven't been following really, where did he get the gun?

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
Wait, he shot these people because he was still a virgin at 19? The fuck. Our society is awful.
Read some of that manifesto or watch a minute of the video - kid was clearly a sociopath/psychopath. The conditions which result in such a person are not clear, and it is not really fair to judge our society based on extreme deviants.

I infer from his parents' job and his facebook page that he was likely raised in a non-religious and liberal environment. I personally know someone right on the borderline of narcissistic personality disorder and sociopathy who was raised in a strict Christian household. The differences in these cases raises the question of whether such people are soley products of their environment (it seems not) or they're born with the deviant traits that some environmental factor(s) causes to be expressed.
*Note: despite my comment, I'm not really interested in participating in a nature/nurture debate at this time.

What I wonder about in cases like this is the friends/family of the creep. Did they have any idea how crazy their friend/brother/son was?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
How come people like these make a list of amazing manifesto, that outlines days of activities, only complete the first day and then die?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Read some of that manifesto or watch a minute of the video - kid was clearly a sociopath/psychopath. The conditions which result in such a person are not clear, and it is not really fair to judge our society based on extreme deviants.

I infer from his parents' job and his facebook page that he was likely raised in a non-religious and liberal environment. I personally know someone right on the borderline of narcissistic personality disorder and sociopathy who was raised in a strict Christian household. The differences in these cases raises the question of whether such people are soley products of their environment (it seems not) or they're born with the deviant traits that some environmental factor(s) causes to be expressed.
*Note: despite my comment, I'm not really interested in participating in a nature/nurture debate at this time.

What I wonder about in cases like this is the friends/family of the creep. Did they have any idea how crazy their friend/brother/son was?
America has a much higher rate of antisocial personality disorder than Japan, so nurture definitely plays at least some part in creating a sociopath, they aren't just born.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Which is precisely my point as well, they're hardly restrictive and they did nothing - doesn't mean something truly restrictive couldn't have potentially prevented it.

It's like saying "Hey, that 1cm speed bump didn't do anything to get people to slow down on this road" and using that to infer that any speed bump won't...
California has banned assault weapons, larger than 10 round magazines, detachable magazines on rifles, pistol grips on rifles, yadda yadda. They've pretty much implemented the entire faggoty gun control handbook.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
....would not have done a damn thing to prevent this.
Even if American had zero firearms, this guy has already made a declaration to kill as many people that upset his ideals as possible and planed to suicide in the process. He could have easily just drove in his car and ran over as many students on campus as possible. He could have also drove his vehicle with a large amount of gasoline in the back and a lighter into the sorority house of his choice. (Either of which would have likely killed far more people than a shooting spree.) With as much evidence this guy was posting online about his dreams of murdering others, if the NSA was useful, they should have picked him up on it long before he could actually do something.

Him not getting laid is entirely his own fault. At one of the lowest points in my life at 22, living with my parents again and no job/car, I managed to get laid at least a few times a month by messaging around on Craig's List/OKCupid. I'd get at least a random milf/cute chubby doing this. This dipshit has more than I ever had at that age.

spronk

FPS noob
jwruKtql.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The shooter was a white male with no criminal record or history of mental illness. What legal restriction could have possibly kept him from purchasing a handgun?
Not suggesting anything - I'm not a big fan of gun control overall (I think longarms should never be touched, and concealable [even without a concealed permit] should require in-depth training like police and military get) - but using this as an example of "see gun control does nothing". When there's much more strict options like, say banning all guns that CA is a million miles away from is pretty ridiculous.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i thought trollface finally snapped

good on you trollface for not succumbing to the murderous urges you carry with you every day

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
- but using this as an example of "see gun control does nothing". When there's much more strict options like, say banning all guns that CA is a million miles away from is pretty ridiculous.
And as its already been pointed out in this thread, CA has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the entire country yet they did nothing to prevent this. As for being a million miles away, well, they're already working hard on getting rid of lead ammunition so I'd hardly say they're that far away.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Three more bodies were found in his apartment... a friend of mine, a girl I'd taught to dance at UCSB, was among the victims of the shooting. No idea yet if I know anyone else who was hurt or killed.

Breakarms_sl

shitlord
This guy's video is flat out pathetic. His thought process is like the writers of Batman and Dexter became one and lost all sense of reality or morality.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...age-manifesto/

The 22-year-old wrote that "the ultimate evil behind sexuality is the human female." He added that they "think like beasts" and "should not have the right to choose who to mate and breed with."
In his perfect society, Rodger would be the Earth's "divine ruler," where he would quarantine all women in concentration camps and then starve them to death.