Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Why would it be 6pm
I think I misread something on another site that made me think it'd unlock kind of the same way Dark Souls III did, which was like 8pm Central my time and was trying to confirm with you all if that was actually the case. I guess it is midnight.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I think I misread something on another site that made me think it'd unlock kind of the same way Dark Souls III did, which was like 8pm Central my time and was trying to confirm with you all if that was actually the case. I guess it is midnight.
They say midnight est in the ps store. So 9pm pacific. 11pm central.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure it's just midnight local time wherever you are. If this was on Steam, people would be using VPNs to unlock it early.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Got my physical copy from best buy in my mailbox at lunch,

Played the first 2 "scenes" tutorial on a boat in the rain, then a climbing tutorial as a young Nathan.
The game is beautiful, and runs smooth. "feels like" the last of us2 so far...

Biggest problem i see at this point is there is a trophy you can get if you finish it in 6 hours....I hope that is hard as hell to complete..

Hmm, do I sink some hours into this or go see CAP3 tonight??

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure it's just midnight local time wherever you are. If this was on Steam, people would be using VPNs to unlock it early.
I try to avoid using the PS4 UI and / or Store as much as possible. The idea of trying to go in there and find a way to see when it unlocks is just, man almost anything sounds more pleasant. Guess I'll just go to sleep and get some time in tomorrow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can speed run most games so I doubt it's indicative of the amount of content in the actual game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
10-15 hours is what I've read. I'm expecting 20+ as I obsess over finding every single treasure on the first playthrough, plus getting owned by crushing.

spronk

FPS noob
every uncharted has a "speed run" mode, seperate from campaign, which cuts 20-30% of a level out of it, and is meant to be played while having minimal combat - if you fight everything you generally won't make the speed cutoff. The previous 3 games had 3 speed run trophies for 3 different levels each and a seperate one for speed running the entire game, but the last one wasn't tied to the platinum previously and were also 6 hours each or so.

They also had a trophy for speed running as donut (fat) drake, but they took donut drake out for UC4
frown.png

If you take your time the game is probably gonna be 20-30 hours for first run through, assuming you are playing at an appropriate difficulty for you and are trying to get most/all of the treasures. Multiplayer is really, really fun in beta too so I'd definitely check that out.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
^^

Thanks for the explanation.

I think I need to restart, I turned on auto target and now my handgun seems like it shots basketballs.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The PS4 Digital Code page tells me:

PRELOAD: Game will be downloadable on Sat 5/7/16, 9:00 PM (PST) and will be playable on Mon 5/9/16, 9:00 PM (PST).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, I just went check, but I swear yesterday it said 6 PM not 9 PM

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just wanted to try it, played for two hours. 2am now, have to go to bed.

At chapter 6. Too early to say much else than it seems to be really good. Graphics are a new benchmark for nex gen consoles. Very story heavy so far, which I like.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I try to avoid using the PS4 UI and / or Store as much as possible. The idea of trying to go in there and find a way to see when it unlocks is just, man almost anything sounds more pleasant. Guess I'll just go to sleep and get some time in tomorrow.
Either that, or it takes 3 clicks and 45 seconds to find out. I guess not everyone knows how to use the computernets stuff

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife got this last night. This morning she was completely dead so I asked her how late she stayed up.

5am....

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Picked up my copy at best buy over lunch. Looking forward to this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
sounds like nathan drake can satisfy any woman all night long
We named our son Nathan and it wasn't until later that I looked around and saw multiple copies iof the game, a board game, two posters (framed), and a metal displate..

She later said she would've used the middle name Drake if I let her.