Under the Dome-CBS

For some reason I was under the impression this was a one off 13 episode "single season event" show, now I've been disabused of that my hopes of this being decent is much much lower. 13 episodes would have been fine to tell the story, to drag it out more they will be leaving the source material completely by halfway through the season at most.

Then again, I don't remember a hitman being in it at the start so either that's new or it shows how little I retained from his story other than "Fuck that ending" >.<
I had heard somewhere else that they wanted to make it until a few seasons sighs.
Hollywood been out of fresh ideas for a long time now.

Caliane

reading the spoiler.

huh. I imagine the actual context matters. King is not very good anymore. really lost it a long time ago. but, that ending, is not that surprising. its been done Outer limits AND Twilight zone. Not to mention parallels to various books. of the two explanations, I would expect, that is the better of the two, imho. again as that one has been used in outer limits well. the alternative would of course be the autistic physic child, which he used in Desperation, and Regulators. I would not have put it past him to use it again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Of course king has more than one agenda going on in UTD. One is rigjtwingers are all crazy racist rednecks and the other is climate change as you will see. The ending is appropriate for 30 minute twilight zone episode, but not for a 1000+ page novel and certainly not for a 13 episode mini-series or multiseason tv show. Which is why its logical they changed that shit.

Seventh

Golden Squire
I dug this book other than the last like 15 pages, where (as everyone has said) it seemed like King just ran out of ideas and was sick of his own story. The parts leading up to the "reveal" were pretty badass though. Such as:

The propane explosion filling the dome and all that shit, and them cowering in the last corner waiting to get cooked. At least I think that's what happened... Been ages since I read it.

The ending was indeed pure bullshit however. I'll usenet this once it's all done anyway and check it out.

Wrenn

Trakanon Raider
When the girl is breaking up with the psycho he said she knew him really well and she said that's why she couldn't be with him. Perhaps he has past issues.

This reminds me of an old scifi story, maybe by Clifford Simak or someone.

EDIT: yeah,All_Flesh_is_Grass.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
after i finished UTD i went to stephen king.net to see if anyone else felt the same way i did about how it ended. seemed like everyone was spooging themselves over it on there. thats the last time i visited that site. either they are crazy or i am. and judging by those ratings. somebody get me my rubber jacket, its time for my medication, muuhahahaha.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nothing to watch!? Why, good sir, we have 'American Ninja Warrior' coming soon! The true fried snickers bar of Television!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed the book, the ending was just beyond idiotic ... but i enjoyed the ride to get there.
The show on the other hand, while i want to enjoy it cause i like scifi is already different then the book and that makes me curious how they are going to roll things out.

if you care about the story, don't read.
Issues:
Jr. --- they jumped way to fast into what he is turning into with no explanation at all, that guy in the book was a good char that you hated so much... but nothing about his headaches or his pain, or his real rage when he is having his episodes.

Girl he locked up ( yea i already forgot her name) wtf is this. this makes a huge change to the story line as she should be fucking dead by now and in a closet at home rotting for use later in the story.

Dome itself - they can talk through it in the book, no idea why they can't here and that's just odd.

Barbie & Jr. Acting like they don't know each other when the book pretty much starts with barbie leaving town because Jr and his friends failed to beat up barbie and barbie beat them instead...to an extent.

Reporters dead husband: this one i don't remember, but i sure as hell do not remember Barbie killing him and burying him, so no idea what that is about.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I missed that this was being made a TV show. I thought that UTD was one of King's better novels the whole time I was reading it...until I got to the shit fuck retarded ending.

I enjoyed the book, the ending was just beyond idiotic ... but i enjoyed the ride to get there.
The show on the other hand, while i want to enjoy it cause i like scifi is already different then the book and that makes me curious how they are going to roll things out.

if you care about the story, don't read.
Issues:
Jr. --- they jumped way to fast into what he is turning into with no explanation at all, that guy in the book was a good char that you hated so much... but nothing about his headaches or his pain, or his real rage when he is having his episodes.

Girl he locked up ( yea i already forgot her name) wtf is this. this makes a huge change to the story line as she should be fucking dead by now and in a closet at home rotting for use later in the story.

Dome itself - they can talk through it in the book, no idea why they can't here and that's just odd.

Barbie & Jr. Acting like they don't know each other when the book pretty much starts with barbie leaving town because Jr and his friends failed to beat up barbie and barbie beat them instead...to an extent.

Reporters dead husband: this one i don't remember, but i sure as hell do not remember Barbie killing him and burying him, so no idea what that is about.
Did they really have the main good guy from the novel kill and bury his love interest from the novels non existent husband? Or are you referring to another reporter/character? I didn't bother to watch the episode yet. Wondering if I even should with something like that happening.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Did they really have the main good guy from the novel kill and bury his love interest from the novels non existent husband? Or are you referring to another reporter/character? I didn't bother to watch the episode yet. Wondering if I even should with something like that happening.
yup, start of the show is Barbie burying some guy, by the end of episode one, you find out it's Shumways husband.... wtf

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Doesn't the premise behind this show seem awfully familiar to the Simpson's movie? "Simpson's Did It"
No kidding about that. Funny thing is here, in Australia, that network showing the Dome had the Simpson's movie on last weekend and were showing the ads for The Dome during the ad-breaks.

They even had the Pop-up 'corner of the screen ads' during the Simpson's movie which showed a wide view of The Dome's dome, as we're seeing the Simpson's movie dome (if you follow me)

Like they were trying to tie the two together, perhaps to drawn in more audience. Or just doing it for a laugh