Upload

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

The show mentioned he died without an "upload plan", which is presumably the equivalent of a retirement plan, so Ingrid was basically the one footing the bill. Helps make some sense of the fact that it seems like a decent amount of people in 2gig land were young.

Consciousness and memories can be handled differently, though. Memories help define who we are, but consciousness is our ability to define ourselves to begin with.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really got into but God damn I fucking hate cliff hangers. They are cheap and lazy so that really put a damper on my overall enjoyment. All of the characters in this show were very well written with their own charm, save Nathan. But then near the end it was their kind of ham fisted way to show imperfections he had. Lucy and Luke's constant bickering made the show. Ingrid was the anti Nathan and they did the same thing. Although for whatever reason the scene where she did her hair like nappy headed niece's struck me much more than Nathan's reveals. Then end happened on a 23 minute long episode no less and it just got a whole lot more meh.

Cybsled

Ya, that scene and the dinner scene seemed to basically be ways of saying "Ingrid isn't 100% vapid shit". Her entire family are toxic psychopaths.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For real, the strange part was her IMDB photo, i think that is what they used for Amazon's X-ray, looks NOTHING like her IMHO.
As I watched the show, this chick feels and looks like an Asian girl. She just happens to be black, but she's got the Asian body down. I liked watching her.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Woah I just looked up Nora's Wiki page. She was in Prince's backing band. And they even collaborated on some songs. She must be legit. Prince didn't mess around with scrubs.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Now that more of you have watched it, the part that hooked me was the scene where they uploaded him. That was probably the funniest fucking thing I've seen in a long time. So unexpected and abrupt, I just about rolled out of my chair. Like, why would THAT be the way they have to do it?? Whomever thought that part up, I give them two thumbs high!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't know why it hit me so hard, but I cried like a bitch when he was showing the last memory of the father, implying that he died really young, only to have it that the dad just left. But some reason the thought of a dead dad hit me. Maybe it's because I have kids. Actually, it probably is, and my son's about that age right now.

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Now that more of you have watched it, the part that hooked me was the scene where they uploaded him. That was probably the funniest fucking thing I've seen in a long time. So unexpected and abrupt, I just about rolled out of my chair. Like, why would THAT be the way they have to do it?? Whomever thought that part up, I give them two thumbs high!
precurser to star trek teleporters. what do YOU think is happening to the old body in star trek?
When you make a copy of someone.. you got to dispose of the original body at the same time.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I watched about 75% of the first episode and shut it off. The rest room scene with the piss rope was fucking stupid and juvenile. Why would one need to urinate in a simulation? Dumb.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched about 75% of the first episode and shut it off. The rest room scene with the piss rope was fucking stupid and juvenile. Why would one need to urinate in a simulation? Dumb.
I don't remember if that's exactly where they talk about it, but they mention that if you don't have "realism" like that, you go crazy a lot more easily. Just like the one neighbor pays extra to get a cold, just because it breaks up the monotony and the "this isn't real." I get why you maybe didn't make it to those scenes (I can't remember when they occur), but they do actually address exactly what you asked, so it isn't anywhere near as dumb as you think it is. It isn't The Wire, by any means, but it isn't overtly dumb.

• 1Like

Cybsled

they address it in the 25% you didn’t watch. The first upload realities they created removed the need to eat, sleep, shit, etc and all the people went insane.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is kinda cheesy, but pretty good. Plenty of laughs. Though, fuck cliffhangers.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So enough time has passed. Did his hot blonde girlfriend off herself? I'm a little confused about that, because just before she appears, she was having that fight with her family, where it looked like she was going to go hard in the paint. Then... SURPRISE! It didn't seem natural. Maybe she didn't off herself, and instead logged in as a user for sexy time like before?

Cybsled

We don't know. She did say she uploaded herself, which suggests she is dead IRL now. But ya, I suppose it could be a big Jebait

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Binged the whole Season over Memorial Day weekend and the wife and I loved it! Can't wait for Season 2 to drop.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So enough time has passed. Did his hot blonde girlfriend off herself? I'm a little confused about that, because just before she appears, she was having that fight with her family, where it looked like she was going to go hard in the paint. Then... SURPRISE! It didn't seem natural. Maybe she didn't off herself, and instead logged in as a user for sexy time like before?

There was a whole lot of "huh?" in the last episode. Like how he was able to control shit out in the real world from his special matrix computer terminal. Maybe it really is the Matrix and the real world is a simulation as well and the humans in it just got smart enough to inception themselves and create a simulation within a simulation

• 1Blown

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
fully uploaded. I assumed crazy ex.. however, your post makes me question also murder, and also had memories removed.

perhaps even. again if memories can be removed. and put back. they probably can be edited as well, creating false memories.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And the murder elevator was pretty laughable. Just because he's able to move a slide bar around on a screen quickly doesn't make the actual mechanics of an elevator able to perform instant reversals and the insane speeds required. Oh well, I still enjoyed it.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
watched the first episode, liked it a lot.

the head getting blasted and the body part, was a decent shock.